We are telling 2017 “Goodbye” today. The Crystal Ball falls in Times Square on all the good and bad of the year tonight at midnight. Let’s say that goodbye together while we share a few thoughts on 2017. Thanks for listening in today!
In short: I fear we are. Why? Read on.
We must make an assertion to put this story in context. That assertion: the Mainstream Media (MSM) are “in the tank” to discredit and destroy Donald Trump, his Administration, his agenda, and his presidency. The MSM knowing the power of the press in America have learned that because of their large “microphone,” they have the ability to message Americans in large numbers at one time. Americans have largely learned through years to trust the MSM and to accept their reporting as factual. In 2016-17 we have seen a very obvious move to use that microphone to spread lies, half truths, and politically slanted stories in an all-out effort to reach their “anti-Trump” objective.
Candidate/President Trump began early on to call-out the MSM coining the term “Fake News,” which has stuck. Certainly not every story printed or broadcast on the Trump Administration is fake news. But many are. Sadly, the MSM in part have ignored any previously held journalistic integrity and have run rampant with every possible negative fake news Trump story available. We have sadly watched as their doing so has sent the trust factor of Americans for MSM plummeting, now at a level somewhere below that of Congress: percentage approval rating in the low teens. And the MSM don’t seem to care.
What is really disheartening is that now even some conservative news outlets seem to not be attacking the President on issues, but have stopped confronting those on the Left when they disseminate fake news stories as they formerly did. Last evening on one FOX TV show, I watched in horror as Leftist Radio Host Richard Fowler appeared with Trish Regan and another guest. They discussed pending Congressional legislation for 2018. Fowler maintained comprehensive immigration demands Congressional action in 2018. He touting the immigration success of Obama stated numerous times that Obama has a better immigration record from his last year in office than Trump has in his first year. Fowler said multiple times that Obama deported more people in 2016 than did Trump in 2017, proving the Obama immigration program was more successful than has been the Trump immigration program. Regan nor the conservative guest said one word in response to Fowler’s claim, which is patently false. A simple Google search shows that in fiscal year 2016, Obama deported 44,512 people. In fiscal year 2017 — the exact same months but one year later — Trump deported 61,094. (official ICE statistics easily verifiable) I immediately tweeted Trish Regan (see below) with the facts asking for an on-air clarification — which did not happen.
There is another fake news story that we are hearing daily from not just news media, but politicians conducting interviews, both broadcast and print. “Trump’s favorability ratings are at the lowest level of any President in U.S. history.” That is false. They all praise Obama’s favorability among Americans, using that “fact” in comparison to that of President Trump. Want the truth?
According to Rasmussen — one of the oldest and historically most reliable polling sources — in Obama’s first year, his approval ratings were 46 positive, 53 negative. (those were 2008 Rasmussen numbers) Just released by Rasmussen are President Trump’s first-year approval ratings: 45 positive, 53 negative — almost exactly the same.
Let’s put that in perspective: imagine what Obama’s ratings would have been in his first year if he had suffered through similar news coverage as has President Trump. Here’s the breakdown of positive vs. negative coverage of the last 4 Presidents:
Over the first 60 days period of President Obama’s presidency, Pew Research — a very unbiased non-partisan news organization — reported news coverage of Obama was 42% positive, 20% negative and 38% neither. During the corresponding 60-day period for Clinton’s presidency, news coverage was 27% positive, 28% negative and 44% neither. Bush 43’s was 22% positive, 28% negative, and 49% neither. Compare that with the first 60 days of news coverage of President Trump: 5% positive, 62% negative, and 33% neither. Just imagine what Clinton and Obama’s approval ratings would have been with similar balances of positive and negative news coverage as President Trump.
Where is “Fake News” headed?
Leftist pundits have made it abundantly clear that Democrats are scrambling to find ammunition to successfully take on President Trump and Republicans in the 2018 mid-term elections. They know without turning the House of Representatives or the Senate, the next two years of conservative legislation along with at least one more likely Supreme Court Justice are almost certain to result. It is just as clear that the DNC has NO real message for American voters, NO person to step up and lead their party, and very little if any party credibility in light of the almost daily news of Democrat corruption, cheating to steal the 2016 nomination from Bernie Sanders, and the total lack of Democrat leadership in the House and Senate.
So how do they message successfully to achieve all or part of their 2018 election goal? They do what they have always been brilliant at doing: they create a political narrative that in locked unison they hammer and hammer and hammer through the Democrat MSM (which they virtually control) that narrative that has very little association with facts, desperately working to convince Americans of the truth of their stories. What is the narrative? We’ve seen it front and center everywhere during this Holiday Season. It’s still Trump Campaign Russia collusion, GOP abandonment of healthcare for 30 million Americans, raising taxes on the American Middle Class, enriching the Wealthy in America by raising taxes on Middle Class Americans while giving the tax revenue generated to the Wealthy in tax cuts. None of this narrative is true.
The Truth has never been a requirement for Democrats. It has always been a wonder to me that Republicans refuse to go to school on the process Democrats use so successfully for messaging year-round. It first takes agreement on a plan among themselves. Secondly they mutually devise and implement a messaging plan that while differing in communication style NEVER differs in content. And they never quit.
Does the Leftist “Cartel” have sufficient resources and resolve to successfully carry out this planned attack to bring down the rogue Administration that now controls the White House? Don’t for a moment sell them short. To achieve their goal involves only leadership from the Left and a willing media to sell the plan to an unwitting American public. Don’t laugh — on many levels it is working. History proves similar plans have worked effectively. Substance is not always a necessary element for success. Selling a perceived substance IS necessary. And that is being accomplished by a 24/7 fake news Mainstream Media who sell the promise of a Leftist utopia created by elitists that have been in power for too long.
No, it’s not just Democrats — it is a ruling class that controls the seat of Western Democracy: Washington D.C. It is comprised of Democrats and Establishment Republicans and Independents who revel at the trough of power. They like it. And they’ll do anything to keep it — at the expense of any and all.
How can they perpetrate such a plan? How did Hitler do it in the 30’s and 40’s? By fooling members of the most intelligent populace on Earth at the time: Germans. Substance did not matter in Germany. A good story made to sound good by people that took control of every segment of German life almost without notice was all that was required.
You’ve certainly heard the story of a pot of boiling water and a frog. If you drop that frog in that pot of boiling water the frog will immediately jump out of the pot. But if the frog is put in water at room temperature, the frog feels comfortable and stays put. Even when the water is slowly boiled the frog will stay in the pot — until the water begins to boil. When the frog realizes it is in boiling water it is too late for escape, and the frog dies.
The American public is currently dealing with the pot and the water. It remains to be seen if those Americans who believe the Leftist stories being promoted by the MSM will recognize that the pot of water currently at room temperature is slowly heating up. Will Americans jump out of the pot or stay put and die?
At least there are voices of truth telling the REAL story. Hopefully the frogs will hear in time.
It is common knowledge that millions of Americans are receiving some type(s) of federal financial assistance. But just who, how many, and how much is being paid out? I have some numbers for you. Unfortunately, the latest exact statistics that have been compiled, authenticated and released are through 2013-14. But I am certain after digesting the following, you will shudder to think how much this gov’t assistance has increased since then. (You might want to keep a barf bag handy when reading this)
Federal Assistance Statistics
109,631,000 Americans lived in households that received benefits from one or more federally funded “means-tested programs” — also known as welfare — as of the fourth quarter of 2012, according to data released by the Census Bureau. The 109,631,000 living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled 35.4 percent of all 309,467,000 people living in the United States at that time. When those receiving benefits from non-means-tested federal programs — such as Social Security, Medicare, unemployment and veterans benefits — were added to those taking welfare benefits, it turned out that 153,323,000 people were getting federal benefits of some type at the end of 2012.
Subtract the 3,297,000 who were receiving veterans’ benefits from the total, and that leaves 150,026,000 people receiving non-veterans’ benefits. The 153,323,000 total benefit-takers at the end of 2012, said the Census Bureau, equaled 49.5 percent of the population. The 150,026,000 taking benefits other than veterans’ benefits equaled about 48.5 percent of the population.
When America re-elected President Barack Obama in 2012, we had not quite reached the point where more than half the country was taking benefits from the federal government. With the implementation of Obamacare — with its provisions expanding Medicaid and providing health-insurance subsidies to people earning up to 400 percent of poverty — we certainly have surpassed that point (not counting those getting veterans benefits).
What did taxpayers give to the 109,631,000 — the 35.4 percent of the nation — getting welfare benefits at the end of 2012? 82,679,000 of the welfare-takers lived in households where people were on Medicaid. 51,471,000 were in households on food stamps. 22,526,000 were in the Women, Infants and Children program. 20,355,000 were in households on Supplemental Security Income. 13,267,000 lived in public housing or got housing subsidies. 5,442,000 got Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. 4,517,000 received other forms of federal cash assistance.
How do you put in perspective the 109,631,000 people taking welfare, or the 150,026,000 getting some type of federal benefit other than veterans’ benefits? The CIA World Factbook says there are 142,470,272 people in Russia. So, the 150,026,000 people getting non-veterans federal benefits in the United States at the end of 2012 outnumbered all the people in Russia. 63,742,977 people live in the United Kingdom and 44,291,413 live in the Ukraine, according to that CIA report. So, the combined 108,034,390 people in these two nations was about 1,596,610 less than 109,631,000 collecting welfare in the United States.
It may be more telling to compare the 109,631,000 Americans taking federal welfare benefits at the end of 2012 to Americans categorized by other characteristics. In 2012, according to the Census Bureau, there were 103,087,000 full-time year-round workers in the United States (including 16,606,000 full-time year-round government workers). Thus, the welfare-takers outnumbered full-time year-round workers by 6,544,000.
California — the nation’s most-populated state — contained an estimated 38,332,521 people in 2013 according to the Census Bureau. Texas had 26,448,193 people, New York had 19,651,127, and Florida had 19,552,860. But the combined total of 103,984,701 people in these four massive states still fell about 5,646,299 short of the 109,631,000 people in the United States on welfare.
In the fourth quarter of 2008, when President Obama was elected to his first term, there were 96,197,000 people living in households taking benefits from one or more federal welfare programs. After four years, by the fourth quarter of 2012, that had grown by 13,434,000. Those 13,434,000 additional people on welfare outnumbered the 12,882,135 people the Census Bureau estimated lived in Obama’s home state of Illinois in 2013.
What did the Founders think about Federal Aid: Welfare?
Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin believed government has an obligation to help the poor. Both thought welfare policies should support children, the disabled, widows and others who could not work. But any aid policy, they insisted, would include work-requirements for the able-bodied. Rather than making welfare a generational inheritance, Franklin thought it should assist the poor in overcoming poverty as expediently as possible: “I am for doing good to the poor.…I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it.”
Moreover, local, rather than federal, officials administered this welfare, since they were more likely to know the particular needs of recipients and could distinguish between the deserving poor (the disabled and involuntarily unemployed) and the undeserving poor (those capable of work but preferring not to). The Founders sought to provide aid in a way that would help the deserving poor but minimize incentives for recipients to act irresponsibly. They wanted to protect the rights of taxpayers by preventing corruption and abuses in welfare aid.
Above all, the Founders saw the family and life-long marriage as the primary means of support for everyone, rich and poor alike.
There are reportedly $100 Trillion owed by our government in “unfunded liabilities.” These are comprised of Social Security, government employee retirement obligations, and Union pension and retirement guarantees. Let’s make one thing clear: Social Security and Medicare are NOT entitlements. American employees have had a percentage of every paycheck deducted for Social Security and Medicare, matched by their employer, and paid into a Trust Fund. Those dollars (even though Congress has robbed all those funds from the Trust Fund to operate the government) are owed to the Americans who paid them. Entitlements that are at the center of this discussion are the other dollars in obligations owed by the government, although the $100 Trillion unfunded number DOES include Social Security and Medicare.
When President Trump and Congress decide to tackle the task of “renovation” of entitlements, they will run head-on into the largest public relations war ever created by Democrats. Remember in the Romney-Obama race in 2012 that famous Democrat add with VP Candidate Paul Ryan pushing Grannie and her wheelchair over a cliff? That was the lie perpetrated by Democrats to illustrate the alleged massive reductions Dems threatened Republicans would make in Social Security and Medicare benefits for the elderly. Those threats were lies then and will be lies once more. Surely Democrats will ratchet up the rhetoric to scare seniors when the Entitlement conversations begin.
Seriously, America MUST remodel and revise the method that has not and is not working to take care of the “real” poor in the Nation. I do not have an panacea to eliminate any of the heartburn that will certainly accompany these conversations. But please understand this when those discussions begin: No one in Congress or the White House is going to take money away from anyone in the U.S. who is unable to work or has reached the age of qualification for Social Security and Medicare or who is a veteran — this includes ALL veterans benefits. Make a note of this because you will be blown away by television, radio, and print ads claiming that exact thing will happen.
Folks, this is the point at which I have often loudly proclaimed the necessity for all Americans to arm themselves with facts about these and other applicable issues. There will come a time — and it may be in the 2018 mid-term elections — to pull a lever for someone who has offered the entitlement plan that best aligns with your convictions on the subject. It is imperative that all pull that lever based on facts they have proven through personal research rather than from hearing or reading the blather of any talking heads who speak from only the seed of their politically correct perspective and not from what is right for America. Arm yourself with facts.
Who has the answer? I have mine. I demonstratively implore you to begin research now so you can know beyond even a reasonable doubt what is best for you and others in your life this will directly impact. “Knowledge is Freedom” — especially when it comes to the financial necessities to live and thrive in the greatest nation on Earth.
We’ve all heard of “Dreamers” and the their plights due to actions of their parents. The pressing immigration question for the next month: what do we do with them?
Why is “the next month” so critical? After all, we have let the DACA issue ride as-is for decades.
It’s critical because Democrats (who are screaming for some political fodder that might give them a tidbit of legislative credibility) will demand DACA be tied to any debt limit increase that must be accomplished by January 19. And DACA is their PC credibility fuel.
We’ve heard from the Dems these “kids” — the Dreamers — are just a bunch of really smart and innocent little children who came here with parents when really young and had no say-so in that process. Not true.
First, most Dreamers are now in their late 20’s and not young children. Second, many are NOT innocent and have avoided the process of becoming legal. After all, Democrats have promised them full citizenship which certainly would have happened in a Hillary presidency.
A lot of Dreamers are NOT who should become American citizens. This is illustrated in these statistics.
Twenty-one percent of federal inmates are suspected or confirmed to be non-citizens, according to statistics released by the Justice Department last Thursday. According to the latest U.S. census, only 12.9% of the total U.S. population was foreign born.
An executive order signed by President Trump called for the federal government to release quarterly reports on incarcerated immigrants. The DOJ and Department of Homeland Security released its third report last Thursday. There are 39,455 immigrants currently in the custody of the Bureau of Prisons, which amounts to 21 percent of the total population.
Authorities have compiled a list of 50 of the 2,139 DACA recipients, deemed “DREAMers” by the open borders lobby, who have had their temporary protected status revoked due to crimes including: “A felony criminal conviction; a significant misdemeanor conviction; multiple misdemeanor convictions; gang affiliation; or arrest of any crime in which there is deemed to be a public safety concern,” according to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency.
The majority of crimes by DACA recipients include: “Alien smuggling, assaultive offenses, domestic violence, drug offenses, DUI, larceny and thefts, criminal trespass and burglary, sexual offenses with minors, other sex offenses and weapons offenses,” USCIS has stated.
So What’s the Rush?
Anytime those on the Left clamor for any legislation they always present it as what Americans want and need. And anyone who disagrees — especially on immigration — disagree because of racism. It is true we have a tremendous immigration problem that must be resolved as soon as possible. But thanks to decades of doing nothing about it at the federal level we have a very ugly quagmire that needs extreme and detailed re-structuring when Congress finally decides to address the issue. When they do, it will NOT be resolved quickly and it WILL be an ugly battle. Trying to accomplish it in 30 days would be suicide. But Democrats have said DACA MUST be part of the debt-limit increase or they will shutdown the government.
What Should be Done?
- First, Congress MUST pass a debt-limit increase with a “clean bill” — no other items attached to it.
- President Trump needs to issue a second Executive Order extending by 6 months his existing DACA termination status date to allow Congessional action.
- The new E.O. Needs to include a provision that any new immigration law for DACA must include the border wall funding and provision to completely close both north and south U.S. borders to illegals . Without these, DACA’s termination will be final.
Isn’t it time for Congress to take immigration action that is first best for American citizens and secondly good for LEGAL immigrants? That’s what most Americans want led by most LEGAL immigrants already here! Honestly, the frenzied demands by Democrats for wholesale open borders has nothing to do with kindness or concern on their parts for immigrants. It’s only for the virtual guarantee for Dems to permanently take control of the federal government by creating the forever-present obligation for immigrants to vote for the Party who gave them permanent legal status. IT’S ONLY ABOUT VOTES!
Let’s for once stop with the fake concern and be honest for a change. Let’s fix existing or craft replacement immigration laws that are safe and fair for American citizens AND immigrants — in that order.
Americans overwhelmingly feel that doing it this way is a huge necessity to “Make America Great Again.”
Mom always starting asking this question around Thanksgiving every year: “What do you want for Christmas?” I miss hearing her ask that. But the question still rings in my ears. This Christmas is the 10th anniversary of Mom not being here to ask it, so I’m asking it of myself. Wanna share my Christmas list?
- I wish children would respect all elders in their lives instead of ignoring adults and what they have to say. I shudder to think that I might have done that when I was young — “if” Mom had not been there to teach me the attitude of honor. Anytime I temporarily “forgot” to say “Yes Ma’am,” or “No Ma’am” when replying to one of my Mother’s friends, Mom would “admonish” me pretty demonstratively when that friend left our home.
- Speaking of honor, I wish all Americans would honor the White House and its inhabitants, in the same way we honor all those in positions of leadership in our lives. When I was a kid there were many adults in my life I really didn’t care for. The first President I remember having any real opinion of was John F. Kennedy. He was Catholic. In our house at the time that was not a good thing. Our house supported Nixon against JFK. But after Kennedy’s election we all forgot about religious denomination and any other personal differences and fell in line with all other Americans who supported the President — ANY President — including JFK. I was in 5th grade when he was assassinated. I wept uncontrollably at school when I heard. School was cancelled and we watched his funeral in dismay for what happened.
- I wish my kids would not give my grandchildren cell phones or video games until after high school. That generation has steadily lost the art of communication with others — outside of “LOL” and “OMG,” “SMH” and “LMAO.” (Do you know what those mean? I had to ask before writing this) Rotary dial telephones were bad enough. I remember Mom’s horror when she learned what email was. “Why can’t you just write a letter?” she asked. She understood the damage losing person-to-person communication would cost. Why? Because her generation communicated with each other and not with a keyboard. Accept it or not, something always gets lost in electronic communication.
- I wish politicians — ALL politicians — would trust the intelligence of the American people enough to stop telling us “facts” that are always couched to be a narrative of political slant. Wouldn’t it be refreshing for elected public servants to simply serve their constituents with the truth? I think they do so sincerely believing Americans are too stupid to understand what they are doing. If they didn’t question American intelligence, why then would they be so stupid as to tell us the lies we hear daily expecting us to simply blow them off?
- Speaking of politicians: I wish they would simply perform the tasks for which they campaign and are elected. There is no need to pontificate about legislative and other governing ideas before, during, and after some of those things are implemented — just shut up and do the job! Leave it to us to determine if doing so was a good thing on their part.
- I wish political parties would be eliminated. I don’t claim to be as smart as George Washington. But President Washington warned the nation against the use of political parties specifically to prevent what our current political parties are doing to our nation. Think about this: no party official is elected by the people. But political parties hold more power than do most elected officials. That is not the way a representative republic — specifically ours — was designed to function. Our nation is the People’s nation and not vice versa.
- I wish divorce would be abolished. Divorce is the scourge of humanity that is chief sponsor of the majority of social issues Americans deal with today. Why? Divorce creates an attitude of failure within every person who becomes its victim: men, women AND children. Divorce creates an entire class of humans that are somehow less valuable and less worthy than those who have not tasted divorce. Divorce creates a class of children that almost universally feel unworthy of love, not to mention the negative perspective of marriage and of “traditional family” created among those children. When they grow up they have a scant chance of a normal family life because of their flawed family experiences. I wish socially the 50’s were back.
- I wish everyone would immediately become cognizant of their method of walking — walking through airport terminals, down sidewalks, through stadium concourses, in malls, even through crowded rooms of others. There is a good reason in the U.S. we drive down the right side of the road: to keep anyone from hitting another driver head-on. Why not do the same when we walk? How many times have you found yourself hustling between airport gates only to be blocked by six or seven people walking down the concourse side by side at half of your speed. They are ALWAYS unaware of others trying to get around to not miss a flight. The same holds true walking a mall, down city streets or at ballgames. Walking Rule #1: Walk as far to the right as you possibly can and let others pass you on the left!
- I wish people would learn to say “I love you” again. No, saying that does not necessarily mean romantic, “I want to sweep you off your feet and marry you” love. I have non-romantic people in my life that saying that to expresses my profound love, adoration, respect, and sincere concern for their lives when said. I don’t care who you are, when someone who is simply a friend or acquaintance tells you that and you know it’s meant and from the heart, it will always change your day — for the better!
- I wish people would begin to put others first in every area of life — like our parents and their parents did. We never had much in the way of fancy stuff (including fancy food) when I was growing up. And we didn’t have much food left over, either. But I remember many times Mom would not sit down to eat when we had people over, simply because she wanted to make certain our guests got plenty. I learned very young to always think about others in everything I do. I still do that and it is virtually automatic. That doesn’t come naturally. Kids must be taught that trait. Me-ism has devoured America. Too often we see and hear of young people “flying by the seat of their pants,” doing stupid stuff just because “they felt like it.”
- I wish National Media reporters and writers would return to 20th Century journalism and simply report the news: radio, television, newspaper, magazine, and web news sites. There’s an editorial page in the newspaper. I wish they’d keep their editorial comments on that page or if in a broadcast, give a disclaimer before and after an editorial is given so that Americans know “what I am about to hear/see is NOT news, but their perspective OF the news.” That formerly was the way news was presented. Now, there is NO news anywhere — simply news reporters’ personal perspectives feeding their personal agendas.
- I wish people in America and other countries would return to talking “with” each other instead of talking “at” each other. It takes at least 2 to communicate. But for communication to exist, all parties must share thoughts and ideas. Someone speaking alone is NOT communication. Too often personalities of people are destroyed by vitriolic verbal attacks from others who often do not even know how their speech damages those who are their verbal targets. Children are hearing less and less which is significantly reducing their abilities to interact with others. Let’s turn the televisions off, leave the iPhones upstairs and have dinner together and share thoughts of the day.
- I wish America would turn back to God. No matter what anybody says, our nation was founded on Godly and Biblical principles that our forefathers knew would be the only lasting building blocks of this new nation. You know what? If the nation turns back to God, many of my wishes shared above will come to pass, simply because many of them are simply fruits that grow from allowing Godly principles to direct our lives. For those who hate what I’m saying, let me ask one simple question: “What would giving it a try hurt?” As we have seen again and again in our history, we can change processes of operation. What if turning to God would destroy racism, poverty, war, elitism, and hatred? Wouldn’t it make sense to give it a try, just in case it would work? We could always go back to where we are.
My final wish today is for you: I wish you health, mercy, justice, and wonderful relationships with all those who are part of your life in the upcoming year.
Merry Christmas! You are my family. And I LOVE YOU!
(Please see note below this post)
My writing about the “Deep State” drew some criticism from some who informed me I was “thin-skinned” and “paranoid.” Surely no former President would be so arrogant to create an organization to systematically launch operations aimed at interrupting operations of his successor’s administration. Apparently I am not so “thin-skinned” or “paranoid,” or so agrees Charles Krauthammer.
“I do not understand how living in a country with its democracy established over 200 years ago, and now, for the first time in history, suddenly we have one of our former presidents set up a group called “Organizing for Action” (OFA).
OFA is 30,000+ strong and working to disrupt everything that our current president’s administration is trying to do. This organization goes against our Democracy, and it is an operation that will destroy our way of governing. It goes against our Constitution, our laws, and the processes established over 200 years ago. If it is allowed to proceed then we will be living in chaos very much like third world countries are run. What good is it to have an established government if it is not going to be respected and allowed to follow our laws?
If you had an army some 30,000 strong and a court system stacked over the decades with judges who would allow you to break the laws, how much damage could you do to a country? We are about to find out in America!
Our ex-president said he was going to stay involved through community organizing and speak out on the issues and that appears to be one post-administration promise he intends to keep. He has moved many of his administration’s top dogs over to Organizing for Action.
OFA is behind the strategic and tactical implementation of the resistance to the Trump Administration that we are seeing across America, and politically active courts are providing the leverage for this revolution.
OFA is dedicated to organizing communities for “progressive” change. Its issues are gun control, socialist healthcare, abortion, sexual equality, climate change, and of course, immigration reform.
OFA members were propped up by the ex-president’s message from the shadows: “Organizing is the building block of everything great we have accomplished Organizers around the country are fighting for change in their communities and OFA is one of the groups on the front lines. Commit to this work in 2017 and beyond.”
OFA’s website says it obtained its “digital” assets from the ex-president’s re-election effort and that he inspired the movement. In short, it is the shadow government organization aimed at resisting and tearing down the Constitutional Republic we know as AMERICA.
Paul Sperry, writing for the New York Post, says, “The OFA will fight President Donald Trump at every turn of his presidency and the ex-president will command them from a bunker less than two miles from the White House.”
Sperry writes that, “The ex-president is setting up a shadow government to sabotage the Trump administration through a network of non-profits led by OFA, which is growing its war chest (more than $40 million) and has some 250 offices nationwide. The OFA IRS filings, according to Sperry, indicate that the OFA has 32,525 (and growing) volunteers nationwide. The ex-president and his wife will oversee the operation from their home/ office in Washington DC.
Think about how this works.. For example: Trump issues an immigration executive order; the OFA signals for protests and statements from pro-immigrant groups; the ACLU lawyers file lawsuits in jurisdictions where activist judges obstruct the laws; volunteers are called to protest at airports and Congressional town hall meetings; the leftist media springs to action in support of these activities; the twitter sphere lights up with social media; and violence follows. All of this happens from the ex-president’s signal that he is heartened by the protests.
If Barack Obama did not do enough to destroy this country in the 8 years he was in office, it appears his future plans are to destroy the foundation on which this country has operated on for the last 241 years.
If this does not scare you, then we are in worse trouble than you know.
So, do your part. You have read it, so at least pass this on so others will know what we are up against. We are losing our country and we are so compliant. We are becoming a “PERFECT TARGET” for our enemy!”
Krauthammer’s authorship of the above story has been called into question. It is noteworthy, however, the accuracy of much (if not all) of the content has been verified from other sources. Transparency is a commitment to our readers to which we will always embrace, especially regarding information sourcing.
Wow……What a wild and crazy week! Lots of bullets in my gun today:
- Let’s work backwards, starting with a story released today quoting former Obama Administration intelligence officials. President Barack Obama’s administration derailed efforts by the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration to prosecute a Hezbollah crime syndicate over fears it would disrupt efforts to sign a nuclear deal with the Islamic Republic of Iran, Politico reports. The Obama administration’s efforts included using elements of executive power like the Department of Justice and Department of State to quash efforts by law enforcement to drastically reign in Hezbollah operations. “They serially ripped apart this entire effort that was very well supported and resourced, and it was done from the top down,” an analyst on the law enforcement effort told Politico. Obama officials reportedly became deeply worried that U.S. law enforcement efforts began to reach into the highest echelons of the terror regime. Many of the ensnared Hezbollah operatives were associates and of major geopolitical actors like Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and within Iran.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi continue to teach Republicans a VERY important lesson: unity of message among leaders of a political party is mandatory to keep the attention of the American people. Though facts prove otherwise, the Democrat leaders both speak of the Tax Reform Bill about to become law with the same venom: it will raise taxes on the Middle Class, kick 13 million Americans off healthcare, give major tax breaks to the rich, and “explode the deficit.” NONE of their claims are true. But Democrats learned long ago that regarding Americans who most of have extremely busy lives that keep them from digging for and processing real news on their own, most are looking for someone in power to simply “give them the executive summary.” Schumer and Pelosi are only too glad to comply with the Democrat talking points. Republicans should take note of just how effective the Dem PR plan is: most Americans polled have negative opinions of the Tax Reform Bill.
- Robert Mueller. I could write a book about all of the Mueller investigation issues that have surfaced since last Tuesday’s Bullet Points. Not only have lead investigators from Mueller’s staff been exposed for holding opinions of Donald Trump so egregious as to in normal cases disqualify them for extreme prejudice, today it was learned that Mueller’s team received tens of thousands of emails from the GSA that belonged to members of the Trump transition team. Many think not only should Mueller have NOT obtained these emails at all, in doing so he has violated the spirit of his investigation and may have broken laws regarding the rules of obtaining evidence. In fact, the claim his team made when the email grab was revealed is that government employee emails are legal property of the federal government and are therefore property of GSA who gave them to Mueller. The problem is that NO ONE ON THE TRANSITION TEAM WAS A FEDERAL EMPLOYEE AT THE TIME OF THE EMAILS. That therefore disqualifies the claim that they are federal property.
- The Friday-Monday news cycle was dominated by Mueller news put out Friday by a Congresswoman. As soon as her quote was made public, a massive Mainstream Media feeding frenzy began that dominated every news story and Sunday morning news show. Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Friday that “rumors” on Capitol Hill suggest President Trump could fire special counsel Robert Mueller before Christmas, after Congress leaves Washington for the winter recess. “The rumor on the Hill when I left yesterday was that the president was going to make a significant speech at the end of next week. And on Dec. 22, when we are out of D.C., he was going to fire Robert Mueller,” Speier told California’s KQED News.Speier, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said that Trump was trying to shut down the committee’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, pointing to the lack of interviews scheduled for the new year. The answer to all the weekend speculation about the certain Mueller firing by President Trump was put to rest with three words uttered by the President in answer to a reporter’s question as the President boarded his helicopter headed to Camp David for weekend meetings. The question: “Mr. President, are you going to fire Robert Mueller?” The President’s response: “I am not.”
- Media bias is today more obvious than ever before. 90% of the news about President Trump from Mainstream Media sources in the last year has been negative. That negative news has seldom been true. Also a fact that is unfortunate for Americans is that the Media have discovered they have the power to shape the opinions of many like never before. To that end they have developed a process of creating false narrative, publishing that narrative through print, broadcast, and online media, and purposely shaping that narrative with one central theme: Discredit the President. Sadly, the Media who have just one simple job task (to report factual news) no longer report the news, they “give” the news from the liberal perspective only. They are pretty much all in the tank now — even FOX News. Over the weekend I, in scanning www.foxnews.com for headlines, read a story that perfectly illustrates this news bias. The story attacked the Tax Reform plan as making Donald Trump richer with tax breaks for his companies while taking healthcare away from 13 million Americans and raising taxes on Middle Class citizens. I happened to read the story headline with an Associated Press (AP) byline. FOX is frequently now posting AP stories instead of publishing FOX original stories!
Don’t get too busy this Christmas/Hanukkah season to lull you to sleep. Pay attention! The Nation is depending on Americans to pay closer attention than ever before to government activities, those in government power in D.C., while being diligent in finding real news about every issue important to each American.
It is becoming painfully obvious on a daily basis that the Government does not have your back — unless sticking a knife in your back is a good thing.
If Americans don’t take personal care of families, on the most part federal government officials no longer can be expected to help — except for those hand-picked Americans who have the ability to impact a liberal agenda.
Lots of folks are concerned about the reversal by President Trump of President Obama’s “Net Neutrality” regulation issued by the Obama Federal Communications Commission. What does “Net Neutrality” mean? What did it do? How will its reversal impact us? In audio report format below you’ll find the REAL answers to these questions so you will be able to make informed decisions. Thanks for joining in the conversation!
First time in a long time it looks like we have real tax reform….or do we?
Whatever your opinion about the proposed tax reform, if what is proposed or not is dependent on which interpretation you believe. On one hand, Democrats make these claims: the GOP tax proposed tax reform bill will increase taxes on the middle class, take health insurance away from 15 million Americans, will increase taxes on the poor, will cut Medicare and Medicaid, and will explode the deficit, and will make the rich richer. Let’s look at those claims one by one:
The Republican Tax Reform Bill will……
- Increase taxes on the Middle Class. False. The standard deduction — used by around two-thirds of households — would be nearly doubled to $12,000 for individuals and $24,000 for married couples. The final package would also double the basic per-child tax credit for families making up to $400,000 a year from $1,000 to $2,000.
- Take Health Insurance away from 15 million Americans. False. The repeal of the mandate could result in an estimated 15 million more people without insurance within 10 years, but not because health insurance will be “TAKEN” from them, but because they don’t need or want the insurance and choose to not have it. The penalty they have paid for not having insurance will be money that goes directly back into their pockets under the GOP tax reform bill. That may potentially lead to federal savings of $338 billion over 10 years.
- Will increase taxes on the poor. False. The poor do not pay any taxes at all currently. That should not change. In addition, the bill includes a $2000 direct tax credit for childcare of which $1400 is a direct credit to those who are poor. (That means an actual “refund” — which is a misnomer since they would not pay any taxes from which to receive a literal “refund”)
- Will cut Medicare and Medicaid. False. There is NO mention of either Medicare or Medicaid funding changes in the bill. The same block grants from the federal government to states for Medicaid will remain in place. Medicare funding by payroll deductions that has been in place for decades will continue. The reason for this claim by Democrats is the same reason they always raise Medicare and Medicaid (and Social Security) cuts when Republicans promote tax cuts — to scare Americans into believing the Government is more capable of taking care of Americans than Americans themselves, and should therefore surrender hard-earned cash as taxes to the government to fund these and other programs.
- Will explode the deficit. False. It should not shock me about the deficit cries from the Left, but it always does. Why? If Democrats were concerned about the ballooning federal deficit, they would not have allowed the previous President in his 8 years in office to double the debt from massive deficits — actually at his departure from the White House eclipsing the total debt amassed by every American president COMBINED since George Washington! Experts do say the deficit will naturally go up for a while, but that will be a temporary thing. The reason? If the U.S. economy continues its climb as it has since Obama’s departure, the natural increase in revenue to the government will more than take care of any deficit. And forecasts based on the financial sector performances in the last year are that government revenue will far surpass the cost of tax reductions.
- Will make the rich get richer. False. Let’s be honest: the wealthiest Americans under this plan will receive a slight tax decrease — from 39% to 37%. But think about that for a moment. Who deserves tax cuts — just the middle class? Those wealthiest 30% of Americans pay more than 70% of ALL the taxes paid. Should they not get a break, too? And why are the wealthy better off than others? Most wealthy people build their own wealth by starting businesses and building their value over years. In doing so they EMPLOY PEOPLE WHO ENJOY THE FRUITS OF THOSE BUSINESSES AT THE SAME TIME THE WEALTHY DO.
There are several things that are really made apparent to me in all the hoopla about this tax reform push by President Trump and the GOP. First, why would any member of Congress oppose tax cuts? Think about this: whose money is it? Not theirs. In fact through the IRS, hard working Americans watch as a large portion of their income is actually confiscated by the government. Taxpayers do not voluntarily write checks to Uncle Sam. Taxes are deducted from paychecks or paid by employers and individuals because they are forced to by law. IT’S OUR MONEY…NOT THEIRS!
When Democrats and Republicans alike scream about increasing deficits, they do so to mask what is really going on. They deflect from the facts about deficits. Certainly you know that budget deficits are a product of the government spending more money than what it takes in. There are two ways to increase the bottom line of companies, your household, AND the federal government. The first is what we are watching right now in 2017: the increase of tax revenue, corporate profits, and the income for many companies and individuals. Increasing money coming in is the first way to improve the bottom line. The second is to cut spending.
Any time cutting federal spending is mentioned, Democrats immediately start scaring Americans by saying Republicans because they want spending cuts will cut Medicare and Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, Disability, insurance for children (CHIPS), etc. They never talk about the one real thing that needs to happen immediately and will balance the budget more effectively and quicker than raising taxes, which is what all Democrats want and tell Americans needs to happen: cutting “GOVERNMENT” spending. How could they do that without cutting services for Americans? Let’s look.
I reported this November 28th this year: “An $85 million loan for a hotel complex in Kabul, a billion dollars in missing equipment for Iraqi forces and a $30,000 grant to stage ‘Doggie Hamlet’ are just a few examples of the ‘Federal Fumbles’ a Republican senator has flagged in a new report on wasteful government spending. The 86-page report from Sen. James Lankford identified $437.6 billion in ‘wasteful and inefficient’ federal spending. ‘We’ve got every variety — from very small to very, very large areas of waste and areas where the federal government just dropped the ball,’ the Oklahoma lawmaker and fiscal hawk reported today.”
$437.6 billion dollars of identified wasted spending by Congress in 2016. This tax reform plan is a 10 year plan. If Congress would follow through on this plan, and while doing so, simply stop the stupid spending every year that always total $400 billion or more, in that 10 year period, the United States bottom line would increase almost $5 trillion dollars!
One other note: I am sick and tired of hearing those on the Left complain about Wall Street banks and investment houses making all these major profits in the stock market this year. Yes, those Wall Street folks are making money, but they don’t own all that stock that is being bought and sold making billions of dollars in doing so. It’s the stock market! That means that stockholders are receiving those profits. Who are those stockholders? Insurance companies investing premiums, 401k’s, Simple IRA’s, Pension funds, Employee retirement funds, and mutual funds. Who owns those? AMERICANS LIKE YOU AND ME! Almost all those stock market profits flow through to you and me. And Democrats don’t like that. Why? Because it’s money they do not control!
It takes more than the three branches of the federal government to make America work and prosper. It takes American people who work hard, pay their fair share in taxes to take care of America’s needs and the needs of those who are unable to take care of themselves. And don’t forget: members of those three branches of government all work for us!