Good news coming out of our nation’s Capital — but if you watch or listen to Mainstream Media, you’d feel that like Chicken Little, “The Sky is Falling!” The good news is NOT lost here. Listen today to our discussion about the U.S. pulling out of the Iran deal, a report with details of the best economic year in U.S. history, an update on the Mueller investigation, and the truth about the confirmation hearing by the Senate with the to-be-approved CIA Director. Thanks for listening!
I apologize profusely. The blog post that went live — “A Slippery Slope….” — did so accidentally. Research was incomplete and somehow it was scheduled to run.
If you received notification and a link to it, I am very sorry and horribly embarrassed. It is coming down, will be completed, and re-posted as “Part II” later.
Thanks for reading and forgiving!
Just a note here: It’s a day off to begin the Fall and this NFL season. I have a vested interest in Wide Receiver Trent Taylor (#81) of the San Francisco 49rs who is a rookie who against all odds nudged a veteran off the field and Trent took his place. San Fran hosts Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers. Levi Stadium in Santa Clara will be rocking!
Today as you attend your house of worship, please join me in prayer for all those who lost their lives in Houston, the Caribbean, and happening now in Florida. Think about it: most of the 6+ million people in Florida who were put on notice to get out of the state because of Hurricane Irma have lost loved ones and loved “things” — their homes and livelihoods. Make Sunday a Day of Gratitude. If not for God you could be cleaning up where your home USED to be.
Let’s make today a day about others and not about us. And it’s a day about the good old USA. We watched and listened to all those who complain about America and so many things and people that are part of it. Pray for them, too.
Corruption has swamped almost every sector of life in America. It matters not if its politics, (national, state, or local) religion, (local church or denominational) education, (local, state, or national) media, (local, regional, or national) and last of all, Government (local, state, or national). There are so many “little” things going on at every level that are being exposed on a daily and sometimes even an hourly basis, it is impossible to believe that corruption is not everywhere. I do not think the U.S. harbors more corruption or even the same types of corruption as other countries in the world, but it exists, and its sticky tentacles have slithered into sometimes the most revered and sacred sectors of American life. And it is scary.
How far can it/will it go? That’s a good question and I have no good answer. But I have a pretty good fix on its source and what is at stake as it hastily broadens its grip on our country — totalitarianism that will be (and in some cases is being) driven my anarchy as the instrument of establishing a totalitarian America controlled by a small group of evil people.
I am NOT a conspiracy theorist at all. People who know me know that I am a dreamer, a creator, and an eternal optimist. I almost to a fault always give people the benefit of the doubt. That has led me into trouble on more than one occasion, both personally and in business. But “things” in general have seemed to become less believable and people less trustworthy. I am not a sociologist or a psychologist, but I think the reason for all this is the passing on of a kinder, simpler, and more gentile generation of Americans who inherited from the generation before theirs these traits and a specific understanding that you get in life exactly what you put in and nothing more. That means investing in relationships, work, social groups, government, and other people.
American culture has dramatically changed, and I do not believe for the better. Everywhere I see people who have morphed away from their parents’ lifestyle to “Me-ism.” What is “Me-ism?” It’s the philosophy that says, “I’m going to do anything and everything that I want that I possibly can do, no matter what the cost to others. I am going to accumulate personal satisfaction, personal relationships, and personal wealth the easiest way possible. And in doing so I don’t care about honesty, ethics, or hard work, OR the spirit of cooperating and working with someone else to achieve these things or what negative impact my doing so will have on anyone else. It’s all about ME.” “Me-ism” is the necessary element of Corruption.
Do you ask yourself any “Why” questions about the World around us? Questions like:
“Why do people make promises they obviously have no intention of keeping? And why then when they break a promise rather than apologize, they go about like nothing happened?”
“Why do people lie over and over again, knowing full well they’re going to be caught? Why don’t they care enough about getting caught lying to not tell the lies in the first place?”
“Why are people so quick to believe things others say about important things without even a thought of checking out what they’ve been told to verify it’s true? And then why do they make life-changing decisions based on those things they’ve been told and believe with no proof?”
While I don’t know positively the answers to these questions, I have some answers to those questions.
Because people have turned inward and get their marching orders from their heads instead of their hearts, they simply do not count the costs for these and other things they do and say. I am not saying they are not smart or that they are stupid. I simply maintain their mindset and that of millions of others have eroded so drastically that the values of their parents and their parents’ parents have slipped from their hearts and minds. They’ve turned inward. They’ve lost their “moral compass.” What’s “moral compass?” A person’s ability to judge what is right and wrong and act accordingly.
People no longer care about respect, responsibility, the future, “what goes around comes around,” you get from something what you are willing to put into it. It is all about “fly by the seat of your pants,” and “Go for it!” We are seeing the results of that thinking and lifestyle, every day increasing in number and severity. And as the next generation assumes power and operating authority over all we know, how will the children of these Millennials cope with life? Our parents and teachers instilled the importance of those things in us over many years. We saw them demonstrated in every aspect of American society. And those are the things that drove the creativity, hard work and persistence, ingenuity, and the gift of persuasion that we have used so diligently to achieve the status as the greatest country on Earth. But it is crumbling before us a little each day.
It has always been understood that children are born with very little knowledge or understanding of the circumstances of life in which they find themselves. Through interaction with those in their lives and their life circumstances, they learn responsibilities, what to do and not to do, the costs of choices they make, and the results of their choices. We have for generations watched as children who have learned all these things have pushed the envelope of achievement when they have assumed responsibility. That has been the reason why America has continued to grow and excel on the World Stage. But generations progressively have stopped instilling that understanding in their children in every way: education, social interaction with others, the need for ambition and its successes, how to push through fear of failure to embrace ingenuity and creativity, just simply doing as little as possible to get by. The Invader that has stealthily taken over America is corruption.
Corruption is driven by “Me-ism.” For the sake of time, let’s illustrate how “Me-ism” is creating the corruption that has shackled our Government. Take a freshman Senator just getting to D.C. That Senator has great ambitions springing from the plans he shared with those who elected him. But when he gets there he quickly discovers he cannot get anything done. He’s just a baby. Even though that Senator controls 1% of the votes cast in the Senate on every issue, it’s pretty much worthless. The senior Senators quickly educate that freshman as how things work. The corruption begins. How?
“You have no power alone,” he’s told by the senior Senator. “But we can put you in the right place so that your vote makes a difference.” That senior Senator then approaches a representative of a special interest group and “sells” the votes that have been committed by a bunch of powerless freshman Senators on bills that benefit that senior Senator’s benefactors. The freshman has made a mark and has joined a club that in no way represents the voters of that Senator’s district, but the special interest. That’s corruption.
In a nutshell, this is the simple example of D.C. corruption. I have stated before that in D.C., the drive of politicians is no longer about money — it’s about power. With power they control everything, including money. In that setting it is easy to see how a young legislator could quickly lose control of their stated objective and just go with the flow.
How does this happen? Go back in the life of that freshman Senator and see how “Me-ism” has shown itself in his life. Not having strong teaching of authority and accountability, taking the path of least resistance is always going to be the first choice of a freshman Senator. This story illustrates that path of least resistance that always leads to corruption.
You’ve wondered why so many Conservatives in Congress have withdrawn their conservatism from time to time in taking action on pure conservative issues? Corruption controls the votes in Congress.
The reason Americans elected Donald Trump is to correct the atmosphere of corruption that controls Washington, or in his words, “Drain the Swamp.” The creatures in the Swamp that make it so evil don’t like that idea. And as the water drains and their comfortable life atmosphere changes, they start scrambling for cover. What better way than to attack those who have taken them head-0n with the corruption.
That’s what we are watching — every day.
I cannot believe the strength and determination that continue to drive the President against the almost insurmountable odds he faces. I pray he can sustain and that others will steadily join the quest to make things right in D.C.
How many “real” scandals have you seen/heard about in the Mainstream Media the last few weeks? How many “fake” news scandals about Donald Trump et al have you seen/heard about in the Mainstream Media the last few weeks? I don’t have an accurate number for either, but I assure you the “fake” news scandals soaking CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, The NY Times and the Washington Post “fake” news scandals dwarf the “real scandals” any and all of these have brought to the American Public. Let’s take a look:
Fake “Trump et al” News
- The never-dying “All things Russia:” over and over and over and over and over again and again.
- Secretary of State Tillerson is going to resign in disgust at any moment.
- On May 10, the Washington Post reported that Trump’s Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein “threatened to resign” after a “narrative” emerged that he was behind the firing of FBI Director James Comey. An anonymous source reported this allegation to the Post. Only problem: it wasn’t true.
- May 10, the news media exploded with reports that, prior to being fired by President Trump, Comey had requested that the Justice Department devote more resources to the FBI’s probe into Russia’s election meddling. The unspoken implication, of course, was that Trump fired Comey to keep him from discovering the truth about Trump’s involvement with Russia. Department of Justice spokesman Ian Prior said the report was “totally false,” while acting FBI director Andrew McCabe under oath affirmed that the FBI has “resourced” the Russian investigation “adequately.” He also claimed he was “not aware of” any request made by Comey regarding additional resources.
- (This one’s a killer) On May 20, Wall Street Journal reporter Rebecca Ballhaus tweeted, along with a WSJ story, that “Saudi Arabia and UAE pledge $100 million to Ivanka’s Women Entrepreneurs Fund.” This tweet was retweeted over 3,400 times. She followed with another tweet: “Trump pilloried Clinton for such donations to the Clinton Foundation on the campaign trail.” This tweet was retweeted more than 7,400 times. Shortly thereafter, CNN national security correspondent Jim Sciutto retweeted Ballhaus’s initial tweet and claimed: “This is virtually identical to what Trump and others in GOP criticized Clinton Foundation for.” This garnered an astonishing 11,700 retweets. George Takei claimed that “the Saudis plopped $100mil into Ivanka’s charity.” Retweet count: 21,000 and growing. CNN contributor Ana Navarro tweeted: “Ivanka Fund got $100MM pledge from Saudis & UAE.” At the time of this writing, this tweet had been retweeted more than 43,000 times. Forty-three thousand. So what was the truth? Wall Street Journal editor Sohrab Ahmari pointed out (repeatedly, yet to no avail), the organization in question wasn’t “Ivanka’s Woman Entrepreneurs Fund” or an “Ivanka Fund” or “Ivanka’s charity,” and it wasn’t comparable to the Clinton Foundation in the slightest. It was, rather, “a World Bank initiative that Ivanka is championing.” As NPR put it, the fund was merely “inspired” by Ivanka Trump: “While Ivanka Trump proposed the idea along with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, she is not involved with its operation.”
- On May 4, the feminist group Ultraviolet Action tweeted out a graphic that claimed the AHCA “made being a rape survivor a preexisting condition.” Media outlets ran with this claim, with astronomical social media shares quickly following: Mic (shared a staggering 248,000 times on Facebook), New York Magazine (13,000 shares), CNN (24,000 shares) and HuffPost (nearly 40,000 shares), among many others. The coverage was sensational, outrageous and terrifying. And the claims was patently false!
- On May 3, Vox’s German Lopez published a piece claiming that “the US Department of Justice is literally prosecuting a woman for laughing at Jeff Sessions.” It will not surprise you to know that this story went insanely viral: it was shared nearly 106,000 times on Facebook. A few days later at Vox, Lizz Winstead wrote that the woman was “arrested for the crime of laughing…during the confirmation hearings of Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions” (this netted an additional 20,000 Facebook shares). Do I need to say it didn’t happen?
I could go on and on and on. We’ve heard dozens of them, so much so that Americans are really becoming numb to them and react in one of two ways almost everytime we see/hear one: we either totally ignore it and either shrug or laugh it off, or if you are a “Never Trumper,” it just makes you angrier. However most “Never Trumpers” never bother to try to authenticate any claims against Trump or his Administration members. They almost exclusively adopt the mindset “If it’s about Trump and it’s negative, I’m all in.”
“Real” News Scandals we Hear little or Nothing about
- Unmasking Scandal: “Prosecutors, Congress, and the public will want to know when the National Security Council shipped off the records about potential intelligence abuses by Susan Rice and others in the Obama White House to the memory hole of the Obama Presidential Library,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. What Bush National Security Advisor would NOT get run out of D.C. if “real” preliminary evidence surfaced showing that she/he had unmasked numerous American citizens for political purposes in the last days of that administration? And the unmasking scandal of the Obama Administration has just begin. Apparently HUNDREDS of illegal unmaskings took place that implicate a number of Trump Administration members, many of them before President Trump took office. And that number apparently includes the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations! If this was a Republican issue it would be non-stop, 24/7 national and international news. Not a word of late from any MSM media about it.
- Loretta Lunch: Again a Bush comparison seems appropriate. Which Bush Attorney General would not have been impeached for doing what Obama’s second AG Lynch did? She met with a potential witness in an FBI investigation before he became a witness. And he was also a principal in an existing investigation: the Clinton Foundation. Further she instructed FBI Director Comey at the time to not call the Hillary’s “EMail Gate” an “investigation,” rather just a “Matter.” Oh, don’t forget that she informed the DNC in writing that if the FBI investigation in Hillary’s emails got to “hot,” she’d certainly intervene. Where’s the media cry for a Loretta Lynch obstruction of justice investigation? Those cries are non-existent.
- NSA Spying Scandal: In late May, Circa News published a truly bombshell report about how the National Security Agency had been conducting illegal searches on American citizens for years, “routinely violating American privacy protections while scouring through overseas intercepts.” In addition, the administration “failed to disclose the extent of the problems until the final days before Donald Trump was elected president last fall.” Classified documents obtained by Circa showed that “one out of every 20 searches seeking upstream internet data on Americans inside the NSA’s so-called Section 702 database violated the safeguards Obama and his intelligence chiefs vowed to follow in 2011.” Circa also reported that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court blasted Obama administration officials, saying that the improper searches posed a “very serious Fourth Amendment issue” and the administration’s failure to disclose the violations amounted to an “institutional lack of candor.” Media response? The three network news programs all ignored this report, and it got little attention by any of the other mainstream news outlets.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: I simply cannot figure this one out. The former head of the Democratic National Convention hired and paid astronomical dollars to a Pakistani family of computer specialists to maintain Congressional Democrats’ computer systems as well as that of the DNC. She continually refused to authorize authorities to examine the DNC computers or hers as part of the alleged Russian hacking of DNC servers. $4 million was paid to that Pakistani family of specialists to do all the work they did that a similar firm offered to do for just a fraction of those dollars. Even though their security clearances and access to Congressional Democrats servers was suspended, Wasserman Schultz insisted they continue to pay the head of this Pakistani group who was caught fleeing the country after trying to wire a large amount of money to his account in Pakistan. If this had been Reince Priebus of the RNC, the story would be lead in every major newspaper in America and every television network and news talk show. Not happening — MSM walking around it even though it’s a blockbuster.
- FBI Attorney investigated for Leaks: FBI General Counsel James A. Baker is purportedly under a Department of Justice criminal investigation for allegedly leaking classified national security information to the media, according to multiple government officials close to the probe who spoke with Circa on the condition of anonymity. This comes as Department of Justice Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he would soon be making an announcement regarding the progress of leak investigations. A DOJ official declined to comment on Circa’s inquiry into Baker but did say, the planned announcement by Sessions is part of the overall “stepped up efforts on leak investigations.” Three sources, with knowledge of the investigation, told Circa that Baker is the top suspect in an ongoing leak investigation, but Circa has not been able to confirm the details of what national security information or material was allegedly leaked. I have not seen ANY news source other than FOX News run this story — a REAL news story — rather than continue their “fake news” rants.
I’m going to add one more quick section here that bears pointing out:
Real News that We Don’t Hear
- Economic numbers: I guess since there’s been no news about economic upturn or downturn under Trump it must all be bad. Certainly real news outlets would report any if there was any good news, right? Monthly Average of Jobs added under the last 3 presidents: Bush — 14,000; Obama — 120,000; Trump — 172,600. Gross Domestic Product growth percentages under Bush, Obama, Trump: Bush — 2.1%; Obama — 1.5% (the lowest in presidential history); Trump so far — 2.2% for first two quarters.
- National debt: When Bush took office the national debt stood at $5.8 trillion; When Obama took office the national debt stood at $10.6 trillion; When Trump took office the national debt stood at $19.9 trillion. The national debt decreased $12 billion in Trump’s first month as President while in the first month of the Obama presidency debt increased $200 billion.
It is painfully obvious that the Leftist Liberal Media hate Donald Trump and have pulled out all the stops to take him down and destroy his presidency. They abandoned any truth in reporting a long time ago. It is further obvious that they literally do not care what Americans think about their destruction of journalism that so long was the bastion of freedom that separated our nation from every other nation on Earth. The MSM is leading us down the same path that Adolph Hitler used to lull Germans to sleep pre-World War II. Their mantra? “It worked for Hitler…it can work for us.”
Laugh at me if you will. But if I had told you 24 months ago that the Mainstream Media in 2017 would have nationally released dozens of anti-Presidential stories that were almost immediately proven false and that those media outlets included The NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, and other mainstream outlets, you would have laughed then.
What for Americans to do? Dig for REAL news — unfiltered news. And when you find it, share it. Stop hesitating to point out media lies. At least point them out to your children and other family members. Remember: a dam rarely fails all at one time. Its failure begins with a tiny leak that when ignored becomes the giant hole that causes a huge section of the dam to fail that floods a valley and a city or two. But it begins with a tiny hole.
I’m not saying the American media is tiny, but the hole they are creating is rapidly turning into a gigantic failure of the conscience of America. Don’t be a part of it and don’t accept it.
The simple answer is “No.” Throughout the last century or so, we’ve seen many fights in the U.S. Senate take place in which a “filibuster” and/or “cloture” vote were significant, AND very controversial. Have you ever wondered where and how this process began? As important as it has been in the presidency, I think it’s important for each American to understand. Let’s take a history lesson together.
The term filibuster — from a Dutch word meaning “pirate” — became popular in the 1850s, when it was applied to efforts to hold the Senate floor in order to prevent a vote on a bill. In the early years of Congress, representatives as well as senators could filibuster. As the House of Representatives grew in numbers, however, revisions to the House rules limited debate. In the smaller Senate, unlimited debate continued on the grounds that any senator should have the right to speak as long as necessary on any issue. In 1841, when the Democratic minority hoped to block a bank bill promoted by Kentucky Senator Henry Clay, he threatened to change Senate rules to allow the majority to close debate. Missouri Senator Thomas Hart Benton rebuked Clay for trying to stifle the Senate’s right to unlimited debate. Three quarters of a century later, in 1917, senators adopted a rule (Rule 22), at the urging of President Woodrow Wilson, that allowed the Senate to end a debate with a two-thirds majority vote, a device known as “cloture.” The new Senate rule was first put to the test in 1919, when the Senate invoked cloture to end a filibuster against the Treaty of Versailles. Even with the new cloture rule, filibusters remained an effective means to block legislation, since a two-thirds vote is difficult to obtain. Over the next five decades, the Senate occasionally tried to invoke cloture, but usually failed to gain the necessary two-thirds vote. Filibusters were particularly useful to Southern senators who sought to block civil rights legislation, including anti-lynching legislation, until cloture was invoked after a 60 day filibuster against the Civil Right Act of 1964. In 1975, the Senate reduced the number of votes required for cloture from two-thirds to three-fifths, or 60 of the current one hundred senators.
Many Americans are familiar with the filibuster conducted by Jimmy Stewart, playing Senator Jefferson Smith in Frank Capra’s film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, but there have been some famous filibusters in the real-life Senate as well. During the 1930s, Senator Huey P. Long effectively used the filibuster against bills that he thought favored the rich over the poor. The Louisiana senator frustrated his colleagues while entertaining spectators with his recitations of Shakespeare and his reading of recipes for “pot-likkers.” Long once held the Senate floor for 15 hours. The record for the longest individual speech goes to South Carolina’s J. Strom Thurmond who filibustered for 24 hours and 18 minutes against the Civil Rights Act of 1957.
So who decides how many votes it takes to pass legislation or take other actions in the House and Senate? I have always assumed those rules were set in the Constitution. However, here’s what the Constitution says about that matter in Article I, section 5: “Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide. Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.”
“Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings….” is the Constitutional phrase — the ONLY one — that sets rules for operating either Chamber. That’s exactly what the Senate did as described above where is says: “the Senate reduced the number of votes required for cloture from two-thirds to three-fifths, or 60 of the current one hundred senators.” The Senate decided that — not the Constitution! So why the heck cannot or will not the Senate change that stupid rule to 50 to pass legislation?
Some will respond that “the Senate’s business is too important to make it so easy as to implement, repeal, and change laws that were passed before.” To that my response is a direct quote from the Chicago Constitutional lawyer that in January checked out of the White House Hotel in D.C.: “Elections have consequences.” How stupid is it to think that the President who is duly elected by the people cannot sign into law any legislation that the majority members of the House of Representatives and the Senate passed and in unity crafted a bill and sent to him? After all, the majority of the American people voted for this president, this Senate, this House of Representatives. Do those duly elected people not have the authority to conduct the very activities for which they were elected to do by the American people?
This is Insane!
So what’s the answer? Rollback that stupid “60-vote” requirement that has been in place since 1975. Make it a majority with — as the Constitution states — the Vice President as the President of the Senate casting a deciding vote in the case of ties. Let the People have the bills passed that their duly elected representatives in Congress passed go to the President to be signed into law.
There are those who will say to that, “We cannot make it too easy to get laws terminated and new and different ones put in place to replace those, because in the next election, the majority could change and they could do the same thing, overturning laws just enacted.” My response to that is, “So what?” Isn’t our republic built to change as the People choose for it to change? Isn’t that why we have elections? Isn’t that why the majority rules? That’s exactly how Democracy works: “Of the People, By the People, and For the People.” Though President Obama when he declared that “elections have consequences” was not endorsing my opinion but rather rubbing his second White House victory in Republicans’ faces, what he said is demonstratively true. Elections that change the majorities in both Houses of Congress is the way it is supposed to happen in total disregard to how soon after the past Party change the most recent one happened. “Majority Rules.”
What to Do
Mitch McConnell should on Monday initiate the parliamentary process to amend the rules of the Senate, motion to change the Senate rule that requires a three-fifths majority for any legislative action to be going forward to a simple majority….period.
Senator McConnell, I know a few people in Kentucky that have voted for you many times and have supported you in many ways that are very upset that under your leadership, this current environment of “getting nothing passed or done” in the Senate is out of hand and must be fixed. We still need to get Healthcare finance revised and back in a fiduciary responsible process, tackle not just tax cuts, but tax reform, a plausible and financially sound infrastructure long-term plan, and for once and for all get the immigration debacle we face under control that includes REAL immigration process restructuring.
Senator, we CAN get this accomplished and accomplished quickly. Please put the partisanship, quid pro quo, and political correctness to the side and do what all of you in the G.O.P. promised Americans you would if you were sent back to D.C.
To quote Larry the Cable Guy, “Get ‘er Done!!!”
We are hearing the term “single payer” pretty often in the connotation of healthcare funding. What you may not have heard is that California has a bill pending to turn the entire state into a single payer entity with the government of California paying for ALL healthcare for EVERYONE — including illegal immigrants! The projected cost for California: $400 Billion per year. Yes, I know, that is an astronomical figure for spending for an astronomical venture.
How do they plan to pay for it? It’s actually a pretty simple plan — more taxes, broken down this way:
$200 Billion will be paid with a 15% payroll tax increase; the other $200 Billion will be drawn from existing local, state, and federal funds.
Needless to say it is very controversial in California as well. But not controversial like you think. The state Senate last week passed the bill that now has to go to their House for debate and approval. But there’s a holdup there. House Speaker Anthony Rendon killed the bill for this
year even though it sailed through the Senate. Renton did not mince words: In a statement, he mentions how the bill “was sent to the Assembly woefully incomplete,” namely that “it does not address many serious issues, such as financing, delivery of care, cost controls, or the realities of needed action by the Trump Administration and voters to make SB 562 a genuine piece of legislation.” Subsequently Renton has gone into hiding amid constant verbal attacks and demonstrations at his home and office and has received multiple death threats. Those who are raking him over the coals do not all live in California. That famous Socialist from the northeast Bernie Sanders has even weighed in. Bernie Sanders said he was “extremely disappointed” at the Speaker’s action, and prophesied that, “If the great state of California has the courage to take on the greed of the insurance companies and the drug companies, the rest of the country will follow.”
The bill that passed the California Senate, you see, did not address the rather significant detail of how single-payer would be financed. Since the official legislative estimate is that it would boost state health-care costs by $200 billion — which would more than double the state budget — that’s a pretty big omission. Doubling the state budget and not having a plan to tackle that? Yes, even though I love much of the state California and have good friends that live there, this proves that old statement that California “is the land of fruits and nuts.” And most of them work in Sacramento.
Let’s run some quick numbers:
- Healthcare spending for 2016 in the state was $367 Billion of which the government paid 71%, or $261 Billion (this according to the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research in their “Health Policy Brief” of August 2016)
- 2017 year spending numbers are not released yet (for obvious reasons) but are reportedly running much higher than those 2016 numbers
- Healthcare spending numbers included do NOT include unpaid hospital bills. Remember: it is illegal for a hospital to turn away any ill patient who walks into an emergency room. They get treated for whatever illness for which they arrive at the ER. We have no recent numbers for those costs, but in 2011 that number was $41.1 Billion. Hospitals ate that $41.1 Billion, NOT the California government.
Think about this folks: California is legitimately considering “planning” on spending 1/2 Trillion dollars a year on paying for the treatment and care for anyone who walks into California regardless of citizenship, legal or illegal status, or nationality. That is crazy enough as it is. But consider this: Governor Jerry Brown in his proposed 2017 budget planned for a $1.6 Billion deficit. Add that number (if it will be accurate) to their $1.3 Trillion debt that already exists. Pure lunacy!
This is Scary!
You are probably digesting this the same way I am. I simply cannot believe that are breathing, educated, and reasonable people alive that can somehow reconcile a plan like this. Unfortunately there are, and they number in the millions. A bunch of them number among the 535 members of Congress that actually are the ones that could conceivably put together a bill and pass such a bill that could make a program like this actually exist in YOUR life in America.
The Obamacare goal was its failure. Why would they want it to fail? It’s simple — follow this scenario:
- The Liberal Left in unison passed the Affordable Care Act into law without one person even reading it.
- The drafters of the law knew that it was financially nonviable, would lose billions of dollars, and would quickly have to be replaced.
- The replacement would have to take healthcare further down the road. What was “further down the road?” Single Payer Healthcare.
- Obama and the other members of the Liberal Left knew that once “free anything” was given it could never be taken away. That would certainly assure no possibility of healthcare finance ever finding its way back into the free market system — the only place it could ever work.
- Obamacare is dying a quick death. Single Payer for the Nation is imminent……except —-
- HILLARY LOST THE ELECTION! That was the ultimate plan: Hillary, who is a single payer Illuminati proponent, has lusted for single payer healthcare for decades and was handpicked to take American healthcare there as President.
So what do we do now? I don’t know what we “will” do now, but I know what we “should” do now: go as far back to free market healthcare as possible. What would that look like?
- We keep the few things in Obamacare that are really good: no pre-existing conditions exclusions, children stay longer on parents policy, Medicaid state block grant funding.
- Insurance companies market and operate healthcare plans universally — no state boundaries. That will drive insurance costs down dramatically both in cost of policy premiums and procedures.
- Healthcare providers ALL participate in an adjusted regional fee schedule for every treatment provided to patients. Medicare has for decades had a fee schedule for this that works really well. It is regionally skewed: an MRI cost paid to a New York hospital is higher than an MRI cost paid to a hospital in Longview, Texas. Why? the NY actual expense is much higher. The Medicare Part B fee schedule would work beautifully if adopted for all healthcare providers for all procedures. It prevents price gouging, the uncertainty of knowing how much treatments will cost the patient. (have you ever priced shopped for teeth cleaning or a series of shots for your kids?)
- Medical Providers would have to be paid within 45 days of receipt of the correctly coded and documented bill by the Insurance company. This is a critical piece. Doctors and other providers have to fight hard now to get paid by insurance companies in a timely fashion and paid accurately. A fee schedule with a 45-day payment guarantee would allow them the ability to operate their practices smoothly which means better patient care. I have owned and operated a Medical Reimbursement Management company for 25 years. We fight the battles for doctors, clinics, hospitals, surgery centers, radiology centers, etc. to get them paid quickly, accurately, and the maximum amount they should receive per patient policy terms. It is uncanny how difficult it is for medical providers to get paid. Most doctors never think about those reimbursement issues while spending their fortunes on their education. But they all have to fight to get paid their entire careers. With that gone, healthcare in every area would immediately improve dramatically.
- I have a doctor in my family who has never been sued but pays $100,000 a year in medical malpractice insurance premiums. Why? “Ambulance chaser” lawyers. We MUST have tort reform immediately. Doctors screw up and make decisions that negatively impact the lives of patients and their families for life — sometimes they even cost patients their lives. There needs to be reimbursement to those injured for these incidents. But the reform needs to be adjusted to be just actual verifiable damages instead of the settlements that read like this: “$25,000 for actual damages, $2 million for pain and suffering.” This alone would decrease the cost for providers in the nation that some estimate to be as much as 20%. The problem is attorneys: most Congressional legislators ARE attorneys. They look out for their own.
As far as healthcare in the U.S. is concerned, we need to be careful we do nothing that hurts actual healthcare while repairing healthcare finance — the two are totally separate. America has the best overall healthcare system on Earth. It is a scary thing to allow Washington bureaucrats to make life and death decisions for the structure of Healthcare.
Unfortunately I see and hear NOTHING from healthcare finance specialists who the government brings into this conversation to fix healthcare finance. There are doctors in the mix. But as a whole doctors are not good at finance. But doctors and others in healthcare are the last to admit they don’t know about finance and to turn it over to specialists.
The American Healthcare System is teetering on the edge of a cliff. If it is pushed over that cliff into the Healthcare abyss called “Single Payer,” future generations of Americans will never have access to the quality of care Americans have seen in our lifetimes.
The Ministry of Defense of Iraq has announced Thursday that ISIS terrorists have been eliminated or knocked out of all districts of the city of Mosul, Sky News Arabia reports.
“ISIS no longer has a single district in Mosul. The militants have no choice but to surrender. The IS presence in Iraq has ended forever,” the ministry said as quoted by Sky News Arabia.
Earlier on Thursday, Iraqi government troops captured the 845 year-old Grand al-Nuri Mosque in Mosul from where ISIS proclaimed its self-styled caliphate three years ago. For more than eight months, the northern city of Mosul served as the de facto capital of ISIS in Iraq. Following the seizing of the mosque, Iraqi state TV broadcasted a message announcing the “fall of the mythical state,” referring to ISIS. “Their mythical state has fallen,” Brigadier General Yahya Rasool, an Iraqi military spokesman, told state TV.The ISIS terror group took over Mosul in June 2014, and the operation aimed at liberating the city from terrorists started in October 2016. The eastern part of the city was liberated by Iraqi and US-led coalition forces in late January. A month later, the Iraqi forces began the operation aimed at liberating western Mosul from ISIS. The US-led coalition of 69 members is conducting airstrikes, ground-based and rocket-propelled artillery fire against the ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Unlike the coalition illegitimate status of operation in Syria, the strikes in Iraq are conducted in support of the Iraqi government.
The media feeding frenzy in Washington is almost unparalleled. Watch any of the Leftist news shows and their programming is non-stop anti-Trump “dump the guy” rhetoric. I have not in my lifetime seen anything like it. Watergate is on the tips of every tongue of every Leftist media anchor, analyst, special “expert,” and every Democrat politician they bring on. It’s about James Comey’s firing; it’s about Russia’s partnership with the Trump Campaign to rig the 2016 election; it’s about Trump obstructing justice, and on and on. In the 24 hours after Comey’s termination was announced, there were 190 national stories about the Comey firing that most of included comparisons to Watergate. Only 11 stated there was no comparison to Watergate. Turn to Fox News, and, yes, there are conversations and stories about the Comey firing, but no rabid discussions about Watergate. What is going on?
Journalists are a funny breed. I know no other profession in which such a large majority of its workers are so self-centered, so single issue driven, so hell bent on obtaining one thing and one thing only. What is that one thing? They spend every second while awake doing anything they think is necessary to give them that journalistic prize: a Pulitzer. They each fight incessantly to be the next Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein. They each and every one think constantly of that book deal or if Redford will be available to star as them in their blockbuster movie.
What we are witnessing front and center every day and every evening is the exhibition of narcissism as it has never existed in such concentration in America. And it’s NOT from Donald Trump. It’s from the Leftist Media.
Folks, the Russia investigation started 9 months ago. As I stated two days ago, the largest, most sophisticated investigation departments in existence belong to ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN and the NY TIMES. Their reporters, directors, and anchors have all been working 24/7 to find “the” smoking gun or the dirt about someone from the Trump Campaign that proves collusion with the Russians. Oh they hope it’s President Trump! If he is personally involved and they find it, their movie and book residuals will propel them to the highest heights in media. That’s all they think about…that’s all that matters.
What will they do to get “the” story? Enter Fake News.
Most of us questioned Candidate Trump’s constant barrage of name calling of the media. We dismissed it as simply being campaign rhetoric. He began using that verbiage several months into his campaign. But did you notice how angry he became during his use of it coinciding with his becoming the GOP nominee? Wonder why it happened then?
Remember I said the Russia FBI investigation began 9 months ago? It was then that whoever at the Obama White House, the FBI, NSA, CIA, or any other agency started the leaks to the media. And the media took that as their marching orders to “Dump Trump!” Obviously, for the first time in U.S. journalistic history, real journalists set aside their code of honesty and integrity and started saying and writing anything that came to mind that would paint Donald Trump in a compromised way. Remember this: every source they quoted with damning news was always an “Unnamed Source.” Why do you think that was? It was either a totally contrived source, or the leaker when giving the reporter the information stated that he/she could not reveal their source. In either case, we have seen the death of First Amendment honest journalism in America. And it was borne to do one thing and one thing only: Kill Donald Trump.
Investigations continue into the potential collusion between Trump folks and the Russians. Democrats desperately want these investigations to take a year or two. If so, they feel strongly they can parlay voters’ questions into retaking the House of Representatives in 2018. Today I listened as one Democrat Congressman from California said this: “It is uncontroverted that the Russians impacted the election in 2016 and that they did so to get Donald Trump elected. What hasn’t been found out yet is exactly what Trump did to facilitate the Russians getting that done.” He’s from California! Do you know how many Californians there are who don’t read newspapers, watch the news, pay attention to national matters? Millions! I say that not to denigrate them but to illustrate the evil that drives Liberal Leftists to do anything to perpetuate their socialist causes. The truth or righteousness makes NO difference. It’s all about political expediency as they define it.
Bookmark this post. There will be multiple times in the next year you will need to “bathe” your mind to wash away the scum you see, hear, and read from Leftist Media and politicians. Special Prosecutor? “They had one in Watergate. That means we need one now!” is their cry. The difference now: there was a mountain of criminal evidence uncovered by Woodward and Bernstein in Watergate. Not only after 9 months is their no evidence of Russians affecting the election, (which means there is no evidence) not a single Intelligence Agency department head or investigator has offered up even a hint that there may be any such evidence in existence!
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.” I can’t wait!
Will the screaming about Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election or Russian ties with Donald Trump and his presidential campaign ever stop? Apparently not. California Congressman Darrell Issa speaking to HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” on Friday said for an investigation into Russian ties neither Attorney General Jeff Sessions nor a deputy AG, who would both be Trump appointees, should handle such a probe. There should be a special prosecutor appointed. Issa said, “Openness and transparency are the best way.”
There are multiple Congressional investigations underway into Russian interference in our government. The U.S. intelligence committee has concluded that Russia meddled in the 2016 White House race, in which Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton whose campaign was the target of email hacking. Trump and his campaign staffers have consistently denied any communication at all with any Russian officials. The President denied a connection of any kind to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
At first blush, most conservative voters probably are incensed at the haughtiness of the California lawmaker and his suggestion. But wait: his reasoning for it are not what you think. And if/when you Google Rep. Issa’s conversation with Bill Mahr you’ll read in every story what I related above. But what is NOT included in any is the exact reason why Darrell Issa made those comments to the HBO host. It’s not because of any distrust of the President or belief there was wrongdoing by the him or his campaign staff. His reason? “I want this Administration to start off by being without distraction by any outlandish and unsubstantiated claims against it, “he said. “The previous Administration refused any type of transparency for any of its actions and never allowed any independent investigation into any action of any of its member(s), employees, or appointees. Under President Obama there was no willingness to allow the American people to get any comfort of the Administration’s honesty or fair dealing.”
Do you wonder why the Media is not reporting that part of Darrell Issa’s statement? Simple: that statement by the Congressman does not fit the news landscape they have painted of THIS Administration. The “Left” Media prefers for Americans to believe there is gross anger and mistrust among all Republicans — those in Congress and those in the Heartland — for President Trump.
At first when I read the Issa story I was angry. After all, Congressman Darrell Issa had been known as a straight shooter, defender of the Truth as the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee from 2011 to 2015. He angrily as Chairman attacked all those from the Obama Administration called to testify on multiple issues during those eight years: issues like government alleged misdeeds at Benghazi and the IRS targeting of Conservative groups in far greater numbers than Liberal groups. You may remember it was the testimony of IRS Director Lois Lerner before his committee that led to the rash of bad press for the Internal Revenue Service. His was the most pointed, angry, and demanding cry for Ms. Lerner to resign because of her actions.
But I remember the feelings I dealt with during some of those scandals. I often wished that President Obama would have set aside his political agenda and picked up the scale of Justice and appointed an independent prosecutor to investigate some of this. Doing so would have certainly answered all the questions, stopped all the wondering about integrity (or the lack of), charges of dishonesty, lawbreaking, favoritism, and cronyism in the Obama Administration. And when it did NOT happen, my first thought was, “There must be something there to hide.” If there was nothing wrong, nothing illegal, no payback by anyone in the Administration, why would they not want that to be known by all?
And so I have changed by mind about an independent prosecutor. It probably would be wise to begin this Administration with a clean slate. Yes, there is some evidence (even though we haven’t seen it) that the Russians tried to affect the November election. But they have been doing so in elections for numerous elections in numerous countries for years –– and may have been doing it in previous U.S. elections. But there yet is no evidence of their achieving any success in impacting the election. And even the NY TIMES in their article a week ago claiming there were ties between the Trump Administration/Campaign and the Russians, buried in the article a disclaimer stating there is NO evidence to back up that story. (I know: their release of the story without hard evidence of their allegation is simply a journalistic lie, or as President Trump calls it “Fake News.”)
Even though I doubt President Trump can do anything to quell the anger of the Liberal Left Media against him and everything he stands for, appointing an independent prosecutor to look into the charges that there was collusion by his Administration with the Russians would remove an arrow or two from their quiver. Even if he is exonerated they will find some or reason for attack — more “Fake News.” You may remember I warned you several weeks ago that these attacks against the President will last as long as he is in office.
Nothing he can do will stop them or prevent all the Liberal pundits from mounting attack after attack to attempt to de-legitimize his Administration. But you know what? That’s part of the job. Being President has never been easy. Fortunately for Americans this president was not looking for nor expecting an easy job. And his professional history is of fighting against foes of every kind every day and never backing away from a challenge.
So I say, “Let ’em have it, Mr. President. Appoint that independent prosecutor (but let’s call that person an independent ‘investigator’ since there’s been no unlawful acts to investigate) and empower that investigator to take any and all actions necessary to get all the facts about the alleged Russian improprieties.”
“Darkness has only one enemy: the Light. And when the Light shines on the Darkness, Darkness disappears. Shine the Light on this Darkess, Mr. President. Most Americans want it to disappear.”
I’d like to hear your opinion on this issue. Please take a few moments and let us all know your thoughts below. Thanks!