Americans have wondered for a while, “What is and will be the Democrat Party platform today and for the 2020 election cycle?” Wonder no more. The Democrat Party has moved so far to the left, not even Bernie Sanders recognizes it. And NO one should be surprised. Why?
There’s a simple answer: Democrats had nowhere else to go, other than to Extremism. Donald Trump has won the middle — where Democrats have always excelled. Their only “middle” scrap left on which to campaign is “Trump’s tax cuts left middle-class Americans out and has given the wealthiest of Americans billions in income.” That’s simply untrue. Then why are Dems who are scrambling to put their “candidate card” in for the 2020 White House race railing so loudly about something that is untrue? Because the financial analysis is incomplete for determination of the exact impact of those tax cuts up and down the tax charts. And Dems need something — anything — to go after Trump other than how mean he is. They’re grasping for straws.
Where Is Democrat Extremism?
You don’t have to look very far. It’s everywhere. There are so many examples of Dems’ extremism — many of which we have exhaustively detailed here — that we will list them only in bullet point fashion, just to jog your memory.
- The Green New Deal Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) takes credit for the 18-page manifesto with basic details of this “deal.” It probably is the MOST extreme of current Democrat proposals. It is such an elaborate scam that is fundamentally impossible for the U.S. to do, it deserves its own bullet point references. A brand new report released in the last few days sets the price tag for this proposal at $94 Trillion.
The resolution in Congress from Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., calls for a “10-year national mobilization” that would include:
– “Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States.”
– “Providing all people of the United States with – (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) access to clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and nature.”
– “Providing resources, training, and high-quality education, including higher education, to all people of the United States.”
– “Meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources.”
– “Repairing and upgrading the infrastructure in the United States, including . . . by eliminating pollution and greenhouse gas emissions as much as technologically feasible.”
– “Building or upgrading to energy-efficient, distributed, and ‘smart’ power grids, and working to ensure affordable access to electricity.”
– “Upgrading all existing buildings in the United States and building new buildings to achieve maximal energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort, and durability, including through electrification.”
– “Overhauling transportation systems in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in – (i) zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing; (ii) clean, affordable, and accessible public transportation; and (iii) high-speed rail.”
– “Spurring massive growth in clean manufacturing in the United States and removing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from manufacturing and industry as much as is technologically feasible.”
– “Working collaboratively with farmers and ranchers in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the agricultural sector as much as is technologically feasible.”
- Medicare For All Touted nationally by Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) in his 2016 run for the presidency, this idea is NOT a new one. Proponents have brought it up again and again from as far back as prior to World War II. But it always dies for lack of its feasibility on many levels. Such a plan in its purest form is financially unsustainable — at least when compared to current healthcare. Sanders’ plan was not Medicare For All, but a “single-payer” system. The “Bernie-version” would greatly expand Medicare and overhaul it — for example, it would greatly expand the type of coverage offered and also eliminate deductibles, copays, and premiums. Private insurance companies are also currently a part of the Medicare system. That wouldn’t be the case under Sanders’ plan. It would eliminate co-pays and deductibles, would offer comprehensive coverage for a host of treatments heretofore typically not included in health insurance, like dental and vision care. The gargantuan cost of such a program is the primary reason single-payer health insurance has never been implemented. And Democrats of all ilks are all over this concept. Every declared Democrat candidate for president in 2020 has voiced their support for Medicare for All. Its cost according to several non-partisan groups: $32 Trillion over 10 years.
- Free College Tuition No doubt college is expensive. Total student loan debt has reached an abysmal level, reaching per the latest report $1.56 trillion in total U.S. student loan debt. 44.7 million Americans currently have a student loan debt of which 11.5% is 90 days or more delinquent or are in default. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has been a vocal proponent for free college tuition. However, several other declared Democrat presidential candidates are not so sure. But as a whole, Democrat Party members nationwide favor a plan for free college financed through increased taxes on the wealthy.
- Gov’t takeover of Student Loan Debt This novel idea was the foundation of a secret plan created by former President Obama with Hillary Clinton. Obviously, it was never implemented, but leaks have confirmed that if Clinton had been elected President in 2016, this would have been chief among her policy proposals. Several Democrat presidential candidates are for the forgiveness of student loan debt. But as yet, no one has offered up a specific plan for doing so.
- Late-term Abortion It began in New York which passed a law allowing abortion — with the consensus of the mother and a “medical professional” which is not necessarily a doctor — at any time up to the actual birth of a baby. That idea quickly showed up in Virginia’s legislature and is being considered in other states across the country. The outcry against this among many Americans reached a fevered pitch when a bill in the U.S. Senate that would require physicians to give medical care necessary to sustain the life of a baby that lived in a botched abortion procedure was shot down by Democrats who voted against the measure. In essence, by doing so, Senate Democrats endorsed the actual killing of a baby who is born alive after a botched abortion procedure.
- Anti-Semitism Two professed Muslims were elected to the House Democrat majority in 2018. Muslims fundamentally debunk even the right for the existence of the nation of Israel. Newly elected Ilhan Omar’s (D-MN) recent antisemitic comments threw the Democrat Party for yet another wild loop. Some Democrats in Congress voiced their disagreement with Omar’s stance against U.S. support of Israel; most were eerily silent. To many Americans, the Dem silence signaled a shift in Democrat Party national support for America’s strongest ally in the Middle East. In case after case, public comment after public comment, the two have made serious anti-semitic comments. Yet other Democrats throw out the allegation against Republicans for being anti-semitic without giving specifics showing such charges are true. Donald Trump has even been accused of anti-semitism, even though Jared Kushner — President Trump’s son-in-law and White House Advisor — is Jewish. Ivanka Trump has become a Jew and their children (who are the President’s grandchildren and who he adores) are Jewish.
- Reparations Those Democrats declaring for president in 2020 have made it clear they support reparations for African Americans for the slavery of their ancestors. In doing so, those Democrats have revealed a likely objective Americans will probably see in the 2020 general election. But many Dems feel that may be a difficulty in primaries in that rank-and-file Democrat voters are split pretty much down racial lines regarding reparations. While reparations may play well among followers of Senators Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, it will be a divisive topic for others.
- Southern Border Security The Democrat talking point regarding border security — at least so far — has been that there is NO border security issue at the southern border that requires urgent action by the government like the declaration of a National Security Notification issued by President Trump. This may be the most polarizing party policy of Democrats for the 2020 election. Polls show that most Americans feel there IS a border crisis and they want the southern border enforced. Democrat candidates continue banging that drum while crying that President Trump is “ripping babies from the arms of their mothers.” That line may play well in soundbites, but facts do not bear out those claims. The same policies are in place today as were under President Obama that resulted in the same actions then as now.
- Investigate, Investigate, Investigate At the writing of this story, the President’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen is appearing in a public hearing before the Democrat-controlled House Oversight Committee. As we reported in our most recent report here, that committee’s chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) has notified all that they have and will launch relentless investigations into all things that pertain to the President from even BEFORE he was inaugurated. Though that hearing is still ongoing, Mr. Cohen has been exposed in multiple lies other than those exposed previously. He testified to the committee he never wanted to be a part of a Trump Administration when in his sentencing summary for his crimes prosecuted by the Southern District of New York federal attorney, his personal texts and emails to his friends and associates detailed his desire and plans regarding what his anticipated role in the Administration would be. In his questionnaire he completed regarding his testimony before this committee, his answer to the question regarding what foreign entities with which he held contracts, his questionnaire answer was “Not Applicable.” But in his testimony when asked that question, he testified that he was contracted with 20 foreign companies. In fact, one GOP committee member made a motion for criminal referral of Mr. Cohen for violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act — the same act that led to federal criminal charges against Paul Manafort and Tony Podesta. Cohen testified that he overheard a telephone conversation via speaker between Mr. Trump and Roger Stone in which Stone told the President that Julian Assange of Wikileaks was about to make a massive public dump of Hillary Clinton’s emails. Cohen testified that happened on either July 18th or 19th. Cohen was shocked to be notified today that those emails and that dump were made public 5 weeks before that alleged phone call on June 10. As a side note regarding how outrageous the actions of Democrats are regarding their platform, the Democrat Chair and Vice-Chair of the House Oversight Committee actually met with Mr. Cohen to coordinate his testimony — a very unusual action which is also unethical and illustrates desperation of Democrats.
Angst among Democrats is front and center every day. And Americans — especially Democrats — are wondering where the party is on policies, who speaks for Democrats, how will the party successfully take-on President Trump in 2020. And they’re not getting good answers.
- It is true that Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s House has more women, persons of color and LGBT members than any House in history — and fewer white males. But many Democrats are wondering if that will be enough to win. And the day Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) was sworn in, her hand on a Quran, our first Palestinian-American congresswoman showed us what Democrats may expect. As a rally of leftists lustily cheered her on, Tlaib roared, “We’re gonna impeach the (expletive deleted)!” How did Pelosi respond to her “rookie’s” attack on Trump? Not only was no apology forthcoming from Pelosi, the host of the New American Leaders event where Tlaib spoke those words warmly endorsed her gutter language. Her remarks said Sayu Bhojwani, “were raw and honest, and came straight from the heart. … a refreshing break from the canned comments our elected leaders usually make. Tlaib spoke … with the fire that so many at our event wanted to hear.”
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 29, the youngest member of the new House, told CNN there is “no question” President Donald Trump is a “racist,” for he regularly uses “historic dog whistles of white supremacy.” Ocasio-Cortez at no time has offered any support for racist allegations against Mr. Trump. Many Democrat voters are now asking for examples of those often-mentioned “dog whistles.” Are such racial attacks going to be a plank in the new Democrat Party platform?
Who’s running the Democrat Party? Where are they going? Less than two years before the next federal election and there being no answers to those questions is the actual reason for the all-out extremism being demonstrated by Democrats. Many Democrat leaders are very concerned about this as they should be. They and many others are asking this question: “Can we beat Donald Trump by simply beating the drum of emotion against the President or should we circle the wagons around the publicly incendiary policies (many which are mentioned above) trying to galvanize Democrat voters on the issues?” Can the Democrat Party make “The Green New Deal” and “Medicare for All” palatable to Americans, especially when their combined cost projection is just over $110 Trillion over 10 years, which is more than the entire tax revenue of the federal government?
Here’s the thing that Democrats don’t know or understand, or maybe just ignoring: Donald Trump. I have seen not a single Democrat politician act in a manner that shows they understand they are NOT dealing with a politician, that they ARE dealing with a legitimate businessman who is focused on specific issues in American life. He has committed and performed as President what is necessary to tackle and solve those issues. No Democrat so far has shown any initiative to address that capability that most American voters relate better with. Why? Almost all Americans are NOT politicians, do NOT have the fairy tale existence that most federal politicians have, and DO live day-to-day in a world that requires hard work, specific job performance, and accountability. American voters accountability? Achieving expected results for ALL those for whom they perform.
Politicians thumb their noses at that premise. And their doing so may cost them the White House — AGAIN.
This journalist at this point feels certain that without specific tangible, detailed, and Democrat Party supported policies with which American voters identify and embrace, Democrats are doomed to only continue to be who they appear to Americans to be today: Extremists, and nothing more. And their 2020 Platform: “Radical Extremism.”