The answer in a nutshell: so far left, the table on which the 600-page bill sits has to be propped up to keep it from falling over left.
Not only is H.R. 1 a dramatically far-left piece of legislation, but if Congress passes even 10% of it, the country as we have known it is forever gone. Every dream of anyone who believes Karl Marx and his Institutional Government Control utopia has even a hint of success tied to it will be elated beyond description. The remainder of Americans will be marked — especially if they are conservatives — will be cast to the side, demeaned publicly, and banished to not a basket, but a dungeon Nancy and Chuck had specially designed for them.
It’s that bad. H.R. 1 federalizes and micromanages the election process administered by the states, imposing unnecessary, unwise, and unconstitutional mandates on the states and reversing the decentralization of the American election process — which is necessary for protecting our liberty and freedom. The bill interferes with the ability of states and their citizens to determine qualifications for voters, to ensure the accuracy of voter registration rolls, to secure the integrity of elections, to participate in the political process, and to determine the district boundary lines for electing their representatives. What else?
What H.R. 1 Would Do
- Seize the states’ authority to regulate voter registration and the voting process by forcing states to implement early voting, automatic voter registration, same-day registration, online voter registration, and no-fault absentee balloting.
- Make it easier to commit fraud and promotes chaos at the polls through same-day registration, as election officials have no time to verify the accuracy of voter registration information and cannot anticipate the number of voters, ballots, and precinct workers that will be needed.
- Hurt voter turnout through early voting by diffusing the intensity of get-out-the-vote efforts; it raises the cost of campaigns. Voters who vote early don’t have the same information as those who vote on Election Day, missing late-breaking developments that could affect their choices.
- Degrade the accuracy of registration lists by automatically registering individuals from state databases, such as DMV and welfare offices, by registering large numbers of ineligible voters, including aliens, and multiple or duplicate registrations of the same individuals.
- Constitute a recipe for massive voter registration fraud by hackers and cybercriminals through online voter registration not tied to an existing state record, such as a driver’s license.
- Require states to count ballots cast by voters outside of their assigned precinct, overriding the precinct system used by almost all states that allow election officials to monitor votes, staff polling places, provide enough ballots, and prevent election fraud. Mandates no-fault absentee ballots, which are the tool of choice for vote thieves.
- Prevent election officials from checking the eligibility and qualifications of voters and remove ineligible voters. This includes restrictions on using the U.S. Postal Service’s national change-of-address system to verify the address of registered voters; participating in state programs that compare voter registration lists to detect individuals registered in multiple states, or ever removing registrants due to a failure to vote no matter how much time has gone by.
- Cripple the effectiveness of state voter ID laws by allowing individuals to vote without an ID and merely signing a statement in which they claim they are who they say they are.
- Violate the First Amendment and could cover a vast range of legal activity. Voter intimidation or coercion that prevents someone from registering or voting is already a federal crime under the Voting Rights Act and the National Voter Registration Act. But H.R. 1 adds an additional provision to prevent interference with registering or voting that is so vague that it could easily interfere with free speech and other lawful activity.
- Expand regulation and government censorship of campaigns and political activity and speech, including online and policy-related speech. H.R. 1 imposes onerous legal and administrative compliance burdens and costs on candidates, citizens, civic groups, unions, corporations, and nonprofit organizations. Many of these provisions violate the First Amendment, protect incumbents, and reduce the accountability of politicians to the public.
- Reduce the number of Federal Election Commission members from six to five, allowing the political party with three commission seats to control the commission and engage in partisan enforcement activities.
- Prohibit state election officials from participating in federal elections and impose numerous other “ethics” rules that are unconstitutional or unfairly restrict political activity.
- Require states to restore the ability of felons to vote the moment they are out of prison. Section 2 of the 14th Amendment gives states the constitutional authority to decide when felons who committed crimes against their fellow citizens may vote again. Congress cannot override a constitutional amendment with a statute.
- Transfer the right to draw congressional districts from state legislatures to “independent” commissions whose members are unaccountable to voters. H.R. 1 makes it a violation of federal law to engage in “partisan” redistricting and mandates inclusion of alien population, both legal and illegal, in all redistricting. This is an anti-democratic, unconstitutional measure that takes away the ability of the citizens of a state to make their own decision about redistricting.
- Violate separation of powers and directly interfere with the President’s constitutional duties. H.R. 1 bans his political appointees, such as the Attorney General, from participating in, directing the defense of, or assisting in any matter (including lawsuits against a President’s policies, programs, executive orders, or his enforcement of the law) in which the President is named as a party.
President Trump and other conservatives warned us all what a Biden presidency would really be. H.R. 1, I’m sad to say, is only one page (actually 600+ pages) in what has in just one week proven to be just one of the far-left legislative ideals that Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and others have promised they would push President Biden to foist on the American people. Friday morning we will dive into a complete list of his executive orders that — with the stroke of a pen — have dismantled every process and system implemented during the Trump Administration that ushered in the most economically successful and safest four years of this century. But H.R. 1 will be the death nail in the coffin of democracy in our country if passed and signed into law.
We have felt as far back as Obama’s second term that if Democrats ever find a way, they will dismantle the U.S. election system. We explained to our readers and listeners long ago that, because their party is floundering to find and keep members, their only hope for political survival is to either dismantle our current election system or totally do away with elections! Please do not doubt that H.R. 1 is the first step — and nothing more than the “first” step — in the process in which the Democrat Party Leaders empower themselves with a choke-hold on the entire political system. They will have finally achieved their supreme goal: Totalitarian control of the United States.
“Dan, you’re nothing more than a conspiracy theorist! Americans will never allow this to happen.”
Really? Do you honestly believe that? Just consider several things: did you anticipate the government, from top to bottom, telling you to go home, stay at home, and wear a mask, all to keep from being arrested for violating state and federal shutdown orders? Did you envision tens of thousands of U.S. businesses shuttering their operations after just 10 months of a government lockdown and, in doing so, put millions of Americans out of work? Did you prepare for all the financial blessings received in your family to be swept away in just a few short weeks by a pandemic, which, 10 months later, we know very little about?
I would never allege that any politicians would bear any responsibility for the COVID-19 horrors we are still experiencing. But what I DO know to be factual is that the Pelosi/Schumer led Democrats weaponized the fear and trepidation instilled in Americans by the unknown in COVID-19 to begin implementing their massive government overhaul.
And Americans quietly went home, schooled their children without teachers and with no other students in sight, made certain every family member socially distanced and always wore a mask. Still, though, Anthony Fauci told us repeatedly if we did not do all of these things, we’d all die. We did them, and people continue to die. Thus, Dems harvest the fears of Americans to use against us.
There’s one thing good about Joe, Nancy, and Chuck throwing these egregious legislative and executive actions out so quickly: their doing so has shocked Americans into the realization that the Democrat Party has NO desire any longer for democracy and no place in their party for the Rule of Law.
I guess we all need to put on our Big Boy and Big Girl underwear and get ready to either lay down and die or head to the front of what appears to be a second American Civil War.
Let’s hope this one will spill no blood!
To Listen to Thursday, January 28 “TNN Live” Show, Click on this Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFdq3HL2V2SNuyaMfxzTpcSLQ25Z1_ly/view?usp=sharing