(I recommend you listen to today’s Podcast: the end is a very special Christmas Eve audio presentation you won’t want to miss!)
Record snow and even blizzard conditions threaten to blanket the northern half of the United States. But it’s supposed to snow! Today is Christmas Eve. So for all of our TruthNewsNetwork friends and partners who live up north in the U.S. are in snow country in other nations across the World, let me say this: in Louisiana, it’ll hit 65 degrees today, and I’ll ride my bike this evening in shorts and a t-shirt. Go ahead and be jealous!
Welcome to Christmas Eve 2019 with Truth News Network! We are excited about the holiday, its importance to all of us, and especially its significance in our lives. Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
Before we get rolling today, let’s chat about what’s coming January 7th to TNN. YOU’RE COMING! That’s right: TNN listeners and partners will have the opportunity to be a part of our podcasts. You’ve been reading and listening for several years. We get comments and emails all the time with your opinions. But we want not just to read your thoughts; we want to hear your thoughts and discuss those live with you on the broadcast. Just think: when you join us, you’ll be talking to people sharing your opinions with people from all over the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and even South America; with TNN partners in Switzerland, England, France, Italy, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, and even folks in Russia! We can’t wait to get started on January 7th as we kick 2020 into high gear.
How do you join us on the air? It’s simple: every TNN member early in the morning when new podcasts and stories go live on our site receive an email with a link to that day’s podcast and the story that have just gone live. In the first line of that email, it will tell you the topic of the next day’s podcast and story.
Here’s what you do if you want to chat on air during the next day’s podcast:
- Send an email to partner@TruthNewsNet.org.
- in the email, make certain you put your name (first and last), what city/state/country in which you live, and the phone number at which we can reach you either the afternoon of the email you send us or early the next morning.
- We are in Central U.S. time (Chicago). We will call you to discuss in brief how our recorded phone call will go. If you are fine and ready, we may just talk then and record the call or set a firm time later to do so.
- We prepare every story and podcast the afternoon/evening before they are published. Stories and podcasts are always edited — but NOT for content, for time and mistakes. (Yep, I make some!)
- We encourage all with different perspectives to get involved. I will not argue with you, but will share perspectives and “discuss.”
- Critical: to participate, you must receive those email links from us with the type of story we’ll be discussing with you on the next day’s podcast. To get those emails, (if you haven’t already) on the front page of the website, enroll your email address at the bottom right-hand side. You will not receive anything from us other than links to new stories and podcasts. WE DON’T SELL ANYTHING!
Note: the first such link will go out early the morning of January 6th with the topic for January 7th’s show. Reply with your brief thoughts on the topic and your phone number. We’ll call you back to coordinate a 5-10 minute conversation with you that will be part of the next day’s podcast.
By the way, if you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out to me at dan@TruthNewsNet.org as soon as you have them. We’ll get you comfortable with the process.
You can be on the show with me beginning on January 7th! I cannot wait.
It’s Christmas Eve!
We always do something special — still a tribute — for our men and women who each Christmas are unable to be at home with their family members. Let’s face it: Christmas is a family time. Millions of people in the U.S. will be with their loved ones tomorrow, having great times celebrating the season, each other’s lives, and all the history they have shared. For those who cannot do that, we certainly want to honor their sacrifices of being away.
If you’ve never been alone on Christmas Eve away from your family, you won’t know how lonely one feels. Christmas loneliness is the worst kind of loneliness. We honor those folks who tonight will be going to sleep somewhere other than their bed either alone or with other soldiers doing the same thing for people they will probably never know. They’re protecting all of us.
It just hit me: there are men and women in uniform that are TNN partners that will hear this tribute to them today! To you, we say a heartfelt “Thank You for caring enough for all of us to miss all of your family members voluntarily protecting us from evils that we will never face. We love and thank you for caring. God bless you each this Christmas Eve!”