Why has nothing been done to stop the North Korean nuclear threat to the World?
Let’s be honest: the United States has the #1 military in the World, the #1 Intelligence operations in the World, and a history of strategically and quietly “taking out” foreign leaders and others who have been a far less danger to the U.S. than Kim Jong Un. With the capabilities of the U.S. from drone strikes to late-night Seal team visits, it is unfathomable that no one has sent this despot to La La Land. Why is that?
Before we analyze the “Why Not’s,” here’s the latest NOKO “news:”
“North Korean strongman Kim Jong Un said his country is close to achieving military ‘equilibrium’ with the United States as a way to make American leaders “dare not talk” about military options for dealing with Pyongyang. Kim’s comments Saturday came a day after the rogue country fired its latest missile over Japan, a test the United Nations Security Council strongly condemned as ‘highly provocative.’ The U.N. slapped North Korea with new sanctions just days ago in response to a powerful Sept. 3 nuclear test. The dictator said the country’s final goal ‘is to establish the equilibrium of real force with the U.S. and make the U.S. rulers dare not talk about military option for the DPRK,’ referring to North Korea’s official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, according to the state-run Korean Central News Agency.
Forget about the tense atmosphere that all in Japan must feel daily with the constant threat of an ever present North Korean missile attack. Those alarms that sound in northern Japanese villages when Kim lobs another missile their way must terrify those locals, not knowing which alarm will be the “real deal.” What about the 30+ million people just miles south of the North Korean border? Those Seoul residents could literally be annihilated from the north in just a matter of minutes not just by a nuclear attack, but by the thousands and thousands of heavy artillery shells that Kim could fire their way at the drop of a hat. And there are thousands of Americans — some in the military, some just private citizens — in Seoul as well. And then there’s Guam that is just a stones throw away in the Pacific.
Kim Jong Un is a ticking time bomb — a “nuclear” time bomb.
So why hasn’t some country (or group of countries) mounted a strategic plan to rid the starving citizens of North Korea, the rest of Asia, and the rest of the World of this despot who is set on doing one thing and one thing only: starting a nuclear holocaust? I don’t think there is just one good answer. But there are quite a few hypotheses about why no one has even tried to take Kim out — or least no one that we know of. Here are some possible reasons:
- There really IS a plan. But whoever is responsible for the plan’s implementation is waiting for a strategic time to “go.” But who could that someone be? And from what country?
- The plan is actually underway. That could explain why so many of the North Korean rockets fired have exploded shortly after takeoff — showing Kim that the West has the ability to terminate any missile launch he tries. Kim could just be proving to other World leaders that he is not intimidated by the West — especially the United States — and that he will stand in the face of anyone that takes him on. In this scenario he sees no realistic way to move forward from the current missile tests, but it gives him the opportunity to show off to the World;
- At any moment a CIA, Mossad or MI6 agent is prepared to slip into Kim’s sleeping quarters and quietly quieten him permanently. There is no doubt the U.S., the U.K., and Israel have such capability. One wonders why these three nation’s leaders have not yet pulled the trigger;
- China is propping-up Kim on the World stage and has notified the U.N. Security Council they have him under wraps and to just leave him alone. That would possibly mean Kim has something on Chinese President Xi that has given the despot leverage to allow him to keep making noise. After all, Xi could starve every North Korean to death simply by stopping supplying Kim with necessities NOK needs to survive. China could easily totally blockade North Korea that would destroy it in 60-90 days without firing a shot;
- Xi as the strongest leader in Asia may have an alliance with Putin or some other leaders to use Kim to keep the U.S. military occupied while they plan and prepare some coup or takeover of some other country or countries like happened with Crimea and the Ukraine. Certainly President Trump and his intelligence team and military leaders spend quite a bit of time in discussions about North Korea and what should be done;
- The last possibility (at least in my mind) is the scariest: maybe just maybe the NOK leader really plans to attack the U.S. Doing so would be certain suicide for him and millions in Asia. But knowing he has the United States backed into a corner with very few options at dealing with him, he may simply be waiting to play his trump card: multiple ICBM missiles tipped with nuclear warheads headed toward the U.S.
I learned a long time ago that the government is usually doing far more backstage than in front of the curtain. Certainly that is the case with Kim Jong Un and North Korea. It is scary, however, knowing that almost everything going on in D.C. is exposed daily by leakers, and nothing about any surreptitious plan to take Kim Jong Un out has been leaked to the press. I just hope there are some concrete options in place just in case the idiot in Asia with his finger on the nuclear trigger doesn’t cough so hard chomping on a hot dog he accidentally squeezes that trigger. I am confident he actually believes it’s no big deal for him to threaten the U.S. and the rest of the Free World everyday with missile tests. What did Forrest Gump call it: “Stupid is as Stupid does?”
Whether or not you are a praying person, I suggest you spend some reflective time with the Creator finding peace that you will be OK no matter what. Only God knows the real options for this nightmare. Let’s pray and hope that someone somehow will get through to the little dictator and get him to understand he can make a really big mark on history by negotiating some really good things for his People by putting his nuclear proliferation plans on the negotiating table.
He’s dealing with a really good negotiator. It seems that right now they’re at an impasse. The first to blink may be the one to lose. I don’t think President Trump is going to blink.