House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes (R-Ca) was finally forced to recuse himself from his role as Chairman for the “Russia” investigation. He joins Attorney General Jeff Sessions who recused himself from any Justice Department investigation of anything to do with Hillary Clinton, and former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn who resigned for covering up conversations with the Russian Ambassador. All of these happened for the so-called reason of these parties’ inabilities to serve in their roles on a “non-partisan” basis. Really? Really? Grab your keyboard and try to convince me — no, not ME, but the 60 million Americans who voted for Donald Trump — that there is ANY non-partisan governing going on in D.C. or anywhere else in the nation for that matter. Non-partisanship does NOT exist in the U.S…….Period!
Let’s get a few things straight:
- There is no partisanship mandates or guidelines in the U.S. Constitution……Period!
- All partisanship exists and the desire and whim of politicians who crave power and an edge in governing…..Period!
- Partisanship from all perspectives on every political issue is crafted and implemented by political parties who promote only PARTISAN ideologies….Period!
- The leaders of the American Revolution did not like the idea of parties and political battles between parties. Upon his retirement from public life in 1796, George Washington warned Americans against “faction” (parties). James Madison thought parties were probably necessary, although he did not entirely approve of them. Alexander Hamilton thought that faction was a vice to be guarded against at all times. Thomas Jefferson declared in 1789, “If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all.” Nevertheless, the men who held these views founded the first two great American political parties. Our forefathers did NOT want Political Parties…..Period!
- There has been, is not, and will not be ANY non-partisan governing in this Congress…..Period!
- There was NO non-partisan governing in the Bush White House — either of them……Period!
- There was NO non-partisan governing in the Clinton White House…..Period!
- There was NO non-partisan governing in the Obama White House…..Period!
- Those 60 million American have had enough of the two-party partisanship that has done nothing but create hate, anger, needless spending, built the largest money-pit on Earth — the U.S. Government — all to feed the God of partisanship. None of it is FOR Americans…..Period!
If I have any real issue with President Trump is his (so far) undying support of House Speaker Paul Ryan in Ryan’s over the top support of establishment GOP partisanship, Trump’s allowing Attorney General Sessions to recuse himself from all things Hillary Clinton, and now the absence of his verbal support for House Intelligence Chair Devin Nunes. To me these have been signs of either weakness on his part (which I see in no other area of his life) or a caving to establishment politics in Washington D.C., maybe in part to his lack of D.C. experience. Either troubles me.
So lost in all this is the mess at both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue: “Russia,” “Dirt Gate” with Susan Rice, Obamacare repeal and replace, Tax Reform, Immigration: “Build that wall,” ISSIS, Russia, North Korea, and now the Obama Red line in Syria that Assad obliterated while slaughtering hundreds of thousands of his citizens. Obama turned his back on them. How is Trump going to handle all these?
Diversions for the purpose of partisanship battles are not affordable, at least not in the opinions of Americans. Mr. President, please put your focus back on those issues on which you campaigned and do not allow partisan battles to decrease the arrows in your quiver. You have made a great start. Don’t let the Left take anymore of your ammunition away without a fight. You ARE the only real fighter in American politics right now….Period!