The Lightning Rod in American politics is at it again. Let’s face it: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) never STOPS being “at it again.” Since she in the New York primary upset Congressman Joe Crowley — the 3rd most powerful “former” member of the U.S. House of Representatives — she gives the world at least one good laugh every day: especially conservative reporters and talk show hosts.
The battle between AOC and Speaker Pelosi is over, and Ms. Ocasio-Cortez won the title of “All-Time Favorite Dem of the GOP in Congress.” By dethroning Pelosi, AOC has put herself in the Republican crosshairs of the entire GOP population in the U.S. A political news report can rarely escape without some new raucous statement by the former bartender-turned-rookie Congresswoman.
We don’t want you to miss a single one. So here’s the plan:
When we started www.TruthNewsNet.org, we had a weekly feature in which we collected and presented to you a few jokes and/or funny stories that we collected during the week. We found out very quickly you all love good humor. And, boy, we received a ton of jokes! But because of all that was happening in the runup to the 2016 elections, copy space dictated we put that comedy feature to the side. It’s time we bring it back!
Every week we will collect and compile as complete a list as possible of all of AOC’s “funny” statements and conversation elements we can find from her that are out in the public forum. We may miss some, so feel free if we do to let us know. A good laugh does us all a lot of good.
Let’s Get Started: AOC at her best
- “Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs.”
- “Unemployment is low because people are working 80 hours a week.”
- “Any 17-year-old can walk into a gun store and purchase an assault weapon.”
- “If you think the GOP is terrified of my politics now, just wait until they find out about public libraries.”
- “Bernie Sanders is old news in the communist Democrat party now. He’s considered too ‘right-wing’ for some because he hasn’t publicly stated he wants to abolish ICE.”
- “Our planet is going to hit disaster if we don’t turn this ship around and so it’s basically like there’s a scientific consensus that the lives of children are going to be very difficult. And it does lead young people to have a legitimate question: is it okay to still have children?”
- “I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change. And your biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are we going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II.”
- ”What we really need is that, should we, and if we work our butts off to make sure that we take back all three chambers of Congress, uh rather all three chambers of government: the presidency, the Senate, and the House in 2020.”
- “I’d feel safer in a bathroom with a trans woman than a powerful male executive any day of the week.”
As you dance through your day today, why not turn the volume up on your laptop, desktop, or earbuds while you dance along with AOC and fellow college classmates in the video below.
Just think: she’s one of the 435 people out of 330 million Americans to make every federal law by which we must abide. Don’t forget that those 435 — including AOC — decide together how $3.4 Trillion of our tax dollars are spent.
That thought gives me a warm and fuzzy!