Wow……What a wild and crazy week! Lots of bullets in my gun today:
- Let’s work backwards, starting with a story released today quoting former Obama Administration intelligence officials. President Barack Obama’s administration derailed efforts by the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration to prosecute a Hezbollah crime syndicate over fears it would disrupt efforts to sign a nuclear deal with the Islamic Republic of Iran, Politico reports. The Obama administration’s efforts included using elements of executive power like the Department of Justice and Department of State to quash efforts by law enforcement to drastically reign in Hezbollah operations. “They serially ripped apart this entire effort that was very well supported and resourced, and it was done from the top down,” an analyst on the law enforcement effort told Politico. Obama officials reportedly became deeply worried that U.S. law enforcement efforts began to reach into the highest echelons of the terror regime. Many of the ensnared Hezbollah operatives were associates and of major geopolitical actors like Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and within Iran.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi continue to teach Republicans a VERY important lesson: unity of message among leaders of a political party is mandatory to keep the attention of the American people. Though facts prove otherwise, the Democrat leaders both speak of the Tax Reform Bill about to become law with the same venom: it will raise taxes on the Middle Class, kick 13 million Americans off healthcare, give major tax breaks to the rich, and “explode the deficit.” NONE of their claims are true. But Democrats learned long ago that regarding Americans who most of have extremely busy lives that keep them from digging for and processing real news on their own, most are looking for someone in power to simply “give them the executive summary.” Schumer and Pelosi are only too glad to comply with the Democrat talking points. Republicans should take note of just how effective the Dem PR plan is: most Americans polled have negative opinions of the Tax Reform Bill.
- Robert Mueller. I could write a book about all of the Mueller investigation issues that have surfaced since last Tuesday’s Bullet Points. Not only have lead investigators from Mueller’s staff been exposed for holding opinions of Donald Trump so egregious as to in normal cases disqualify them for extreme prejudice, today it was learned that Mueller’s team received tens of thousands of emails from the GSA that belonged to members of the Trump transition team. Many think not only should Mueller have NOT obtained these emails at all, in doing so he has violated the spirit of his investigation and may have broken laws regarding the rules of obtaining evidence. In fact, the claim his team made when the email grab was revealed is that government employee emails are legal property of the federal government and are therefore property of GSA who gave them to Mueller. The problem is that NO ONE ON THE TRANSITION TEAM WAS A FEDERAL EMPLOYEE AT THE TIME OF THE EMAILS. That therefore disqualifies the claim that they are federal property.
- The Friday-Monday news cycle was dominated by Mueller news put out Friday by a Congresswoman. As soon as her quote was made public, a massive Mainstream Media feeding frenzy began that dominated every news story and Sunday morning news show. Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Friday that “rumors” on Capitol Hill suggest President Trump could fire special counsel Robert Mueller before Christmas, after Congress leaves Washington for the winter recess. “The rumor on the Hill when I left yesterday was that the president was going to make a significant speech at the end of next week. And on Dec. 22, when we are out of D.C., he was going to fire Robert Mueller,” Speier told California’s KQED News.Speier, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said that Trump was trying to shut down the committee’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, pointing to the lack of interviews scheduled for the new year. The answer to all the weekend speculation about the certain Mueller firing by President Trump was put to rest with three words uttered by the President in answer to a reporter’s question as the President boarded his helicopter headed to Camp David for weekend meetings. The question: “Mr. President, are you going to fire Robert Mueller?” The President’s response: “I am not.”
- Media bias is today more obvious than ever before. 90% of the news about President Trump from Mainstream Media sources in the last year has been negative. That negative news has seldom been true. Also a fact that is unfortunate for Americans is that the Media have discovered they have the power to shape the opinions of many like never before. To that end they have developed a process of creating false narrative, publishing that narrative through print, broadcast, and online media, and purposely shaping that narrative with one central theme: Discredit the President. Sadly, the Media who have just one simple job task (to report factual news) no longer report the news, they “give” the news from the liberal perspective only. They are pretty much all in the tank now — even FOX News. Over the weekend I, in scanning www.foxnews.com for headlines, read a story that perfectly illustrates this news bias. The story attacked the Tax Reform plan as making Donald Trump richer with tax breaks for his companies while taking healthcare away from 13 million Americans and raising taxes on Middle Class citizens. I happened to read the story headline with an Associated Press (AP) byline. FOX is frequently now posting AP stories instead of publishing FOX original stories!
Don’t get too busy this Christmas/Hanukkah season to lull you to sleep. Pay attention! The Nation is depending on Americans to pay closer attention than ever before to government activities, those in government power in D.C., while being diligent in finding real news about every issue important to each American.
It is becoming painfully obvious on a daily basis that the Government does not have your back — unless sticking a knife in your back is a good thing.
If Americans don’t take personal care of families, on the most part federal government officials no longer can be expected to help — except for those hand-picked Americans who have the ability to impact a liberal agenda.