Why has President Trump started and maintained his frequent tweets that seem to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions? That question is burning up broadcast minutes on every news shojw on television and talk radio and eating up ink on the pages of newspapers across the nation. After all, how could President Trump blast his good friend who was the very first major Republican to come out and endorse Donald Trump early in the Campaign? And if he has not liked the job the A.G. was doing, why has he just now started talking about it? Also, why even talk about it at all? He’s the President and A.G. Sessions just like every other Cabinet member works at the will of the President. If he doesn’t like the job Sessions is doing, why not just cut him loose? Remember: Donald Trump is probably the most quoted person from a television series all-time. How so? “You’re fired!” Those two words rocked the award winning and financial giant of NBC: “The Apprentice.” Also the New York billionaire has throughout his career surely fired dozens if not hundreds of managers. Firing Sessions would just be another day at the office.
Let’s look at all of the possible reasons for these apparent attacks on the Attorney General:
- Jeff Sessions recused himself from being any part of any investigation involving Russia and the Trump campaign. According to the President that was not discussed prior to his appointment of Sessions. He said several times in the past few days that if he had known Senator Sessions was going to recuse himself, he would have appointed someone else to the post. That recusal has really created issues for the Trump Administration. Maybe that is why he is ready to see the Attorney General move out of the A.G. job. But if so, why did he wait so long?
- According to the Mainstream News Media (MSM), the President would like to get rid of Special Counsel Robert Mueller who was appointed specifically to investigate potential collusion between members of the Trump Organization and the Russians. A.G. Sessions cannot fire Mueller because of his recusal. Therefore, the MSM postulate the President must want to humiliate Sessions publicly to force his resignation through his constant negative tweets. He could then have a new Attorney General dump Mueller.
- The President (along with millions of Americans) is questioning why the Department of Justice has not under this Attorney General launched investigations into the very obvious wrongdoers from the recent past: former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, former FBI Director James Comey, Hillary Clinton (for her mishandling of classified information and documents and her role as Secretary of State in the uranium sale to Russia), the Clinton Foundation for various issues, and ferreting out the source of leaks of classified documents and information that in doing so commit felonies. Maybe Trump’s tweets are indirectly messaging Sessions to put the A.G. on notice: “You better get going doing your job or you need to go. I’ll get somebody else who will run the Justice Department in a more professional and business like manner.”
- Maybe — just maybe — President Trump has ANOTHER purpose for this “dump Sessions noise” that is hidden. Remember this about Trump: he is a wily and tough businessman who negotiates deals of all kinds every day, and maybe even in his sleep. He is known for being a tough negotiator. What could be that “hidden agenda” for all this?
Now, let’s examine the possibilities and probabilities for these four “possible” reasons for the Trump constant blasting of Jeff Sessions:
- Jeff Sessions is a successful and very experienced lawyer, former federal Prosecutor and state Attorney General, not to mention a 20+ year U.S. Senator who knows all the operating secrets of Washington D.C. If recusal was even a remote possibility for Sessions he certainly would have discussed it with the President ad nauseum before his appointment. It would have been simple. They were together almost constantly during the campaign and during the run-up to Inauguration.
- No one in the Trump Organization including the President has shown any concern at all about the potential of being exposed by any investigation of collusion with Russia. That is directly opposite of Obama folks who when asked to participate in any investigation into potential wrong doing always had Obama enact executive privilege to keep them covered. The Trumpsters have all provided everything asked for in these investigations and have willingly made themselves available to all hearings they have been asked to attend. And none have claimed the 5th amendment. Even President Trump has volunteered to testify if called — something no lawyer would allow a client to do (especially a sitting President) IF he was guilty. The only reason I feel Trump would like to see Mueller go is all the time, effort, energy, and the millions of taxpayer dollars that are being wasted by this Mueller investigation. It’s initiation was virtually unprecedented. Special Counsel appointments always occur when there is evidence of wrongdoing that is presented that warrants such an investigation. From numerous intelligence sources as of this writing, there is NO shred of evidence of any collusion between the Trump Organization and the Russians in any way. The President would like to see Mueller gone but only for these reasons. And it is doubtful he would fire him or take the political risk in doing so since there nothing to hide.
- No doubt Mr. Trump has been waiting like all Americans for the investigations of those alleged wrongdoers to begin. However, you can bet unlike you or me, President Trump while waiting can make a phone call or two and find out why those investigations are not underway. What we do NOT know is if they may have actually been initiated and are happening. As much as the MSM think nothing in American government happens without their knowing about it, it is very possible that one or more of these investigations are underway already, especially in light of the fact the Justice Department today said they were about to announce their investigation into the government leaks. Whatever investigations are underway at Justice, Donald Trump knows about them.
- BINGO! I am pretty darn sure we found the reason. Read “Conclusion” below to find out what this blogger is confident is going on.
What did the MSM and political pundits think of Jeff Sessions when Trump announced his appointment to be Attorney General?
- “Sessions’ abysmal record of opposition to fundamental civil rights and environmental protections disqualifies him for service as head of our federal department dedicated to justice for everyone in our country,” said Martin Hayden, Vice President of Policy & Legislation.
- “He’s one of the most strident anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, anti-L.G.B.T. voices in the Senate,” said Marge Baker, executive vice president of People for the American Way, a liberal civil rights group in Washington.
- Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) broke Senate tradition to testify at a fellow Senator’s confirmation hearing: “The arc of the moral universe does not just naturally curve toward justice, we must bend it,” Booker said. “America needs an attorney general who is resolute and determined to bend the arc. Sen. Sessions record does not speak to that desire, intention or will.”
What do the MSM and political pundits think of Jeff Sessions this week since the inception of the negative tweets from President Trump?
- When President Trump launched a tirade via Twitter about Session’s recusal, CNN stated this: “Read between the lines of that statement and you get this: Jeff Sessions didn’t do anything wrong! This whole thing is just Democrats! It’s no accident that within 24 hours of Trump’s angry comments about the Sessions’ recusal, he launched a tweetstorm alleging, with zero proof, that then-President Obama ordered a wiretap of him at Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.
- MSNBC said this: “For the president to discard Sessions now, deciding he no longer has any use for his loyal attorney general, is a seismic political divorce. Making matters worse, the president knows that if Sessions is out, Trump can appoint a new A.G. who may be far more amenable to making the White House’s Russia scandal disappear.”
Here’s what I think is going on: President Trump has a plan. He well knows how the MSM demonized Jeff Sessions during the A.G. appointment/confirmation process. They called him everything under the sun. Now, all of a sudden with President Trump’s negative tweets, the MSM and political pundits have all flipped and are all in full support of A.G. Sessions. I am confident President Trump is posturing for what is about to happen and in doing so provide cover for the Justice Department.
What if as we speak Attorney General Sessions already has in full swing or is about to set in motion in-depth investigations for wrong doing of James Comey, Loretta Lynch, Bill and Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation, along with finding the leak sources in the Government? Pundits and the MSM will no longer be able to denigrate any investigation put in motion by their current “Superstar” and “Legal and Loyal Genius” that they once despised but now all think is the most qualified person in the Trump Administration and far above President Trump in intelligence, commitment, and honesty. That’s the cover for Jeff Sessions.
If President Trump wanted Sessions to go, he’d be gone. He has a reputation for being an all-in person to those with whom he is in relationship. The President’s loyalty to his friends and family members are unquestionable. Why would he change now, especially when it comes to one of his closest friends and allies?
Attorney General Jeff Sessions ain’t going NOWHERE!