There’s something about the way Liberals feel about Conservatives that becomes obvious when they speak. Remember when I explained some months ago the major differences between Liberals and Conservatives? I stated then “the fundamental premise for every opinion from every Liberal about any Conservative is this: Liberals HATE Conservatives.” That has never been clearer than today in the sometimes icy, sometimes flaming, but always contentious and inflammatory comments and hypocritical attacks on Conservatives — especially against Conservative women. These champions of sexual diversity in the workplace and in politics are forever showing this championing of women is for ALL women — unless they are Conservatives. If a woman chooses to live and support a conservative perspective, Liberals’ hate for her rises to the level of the temperature of the Sun. That Liberal disdain for Conservative women did not just begin. It’s been alive and kicking for many years. Wanna look at a few?
- No Conservative has been off-limits to Bill Maher. On his show a guest brought up Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol, who published her memoir “Not Afraid of Life.” Maher quickly quipped that the working title was “Whoops, There’s a D**k in Me.”
- SNL went crazy mocking her, and not just SNL. Palin was the “caribou Barbie,” ripped apart by Katie Couric and lampooned by Tina Fey. She was accused of staging a pregnancy to save one of her daughters from the shame of life as a single mom—and of being a lousy mother, for maintaining her career with a newborn at home. Internet searches for “Sarah Palin bikini” and “Sarah Palin naked” soared. Male MSM radio and television commentators seemed fixated on her “babe” looks and “heartthrob” appeal and, after the election, those criticisms escalated: they called her a diva, a whack job, a hillbilly, an addictive shopper, a narcissist.
- David Letterman was not to be outdone: “During her trip to New York, Sarah Palin bought makeup from Bloomingdale’s to update her ‘slutty flight attendant’ look.” ~ David Letterman
- And even Candidate Obama had to weigh in on the Palin sexism: “That’s not change. That’s just calling something the same thing something different. You know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig…” ~ Barack Obama about Sarah Palin
- “The high-sheen lip gloss, the ‘Naughty Monkey’ brand red pumps, the black leather outfits, the winking, for heaven’s sake. She’s the original ‘Mean Girl’ — the head honcho of Orwell’s ‘Junior Anti-Sex League’ dressed to kill. You want her, but you can’t have her. ~ Gene Lyons about Sarah Palin.
- Francine McKenna, a feminist blogger for the Huffington Post, wrote that Palin – who calls herself a feminist – was the “Stepford” robot of the conservative movement. “The Republican strategists have successfully engineered a ‘Stepford-like’ robot candidate intended to appeal to men of all political persuasions who are excited by the sexy schoolteacher kitten with a whip persona she’s so good at promoting,” wrote McKenna. “That segment of the voting population – men between the ages of 18-98 – doesn’t care if she makes up words. In fact, they’d like her even more if she didn’t talk at all.”
Even before the 2008 Presidential campaign during which the world was introduced to the former Republican governor of Alaska, Liberal bashing of conservative women was almost non-stop. Condoleeza Rice was an easy target for Liberal sexists. She was the perfect mark: African American, good looking, brilliant (much smarter than most men), well spoken, well liked, and of course a Conservative. She was the perfect fit for Secretary of State when Bush 43 needed a replacement in that position for Colin Powell. She was politically saavy, a history buff, and knew most of the World leaders with whom she would regularly interface in the wake of the greatest terrorist attack in U.S. history. She started her political career as an expert on the Soviets. And her southern roots in Birmingham, Alabama gave her an understanding of America, Americans, racism, sexism, and how to deal with it all. She told one MSM Liberal show host: “I, frankly, think we crossed the bar on African-Americans quite some time ago. I’m not sure we’ve crossed it on women.” She not only had to deal with issues regarding a black woman being Secretary of State; she had to deal with being a woman. And boy did she get razzed:
- Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post had this to say about his friend Coit Blacker and Secretary Rice: “Blacker, who is gay, wanted to show his partner how tight her [Condoleezza Rice’s] behind is; he postulated that if he aimed a quarter at her butt, it would bounce off like a rocket. He was right. Rice, who was dancing, didn’t realize what he had done until everyone began laughing hysterically. She was flattered — and proud.”
- Rice’s nomination as Secretary of State brought those from the Left out in droves: According to the Washington Post, her nomination garnered “the most negative votes cast against a nominee for that post in 180 years.” As the Senate debated her nomination, Senator Barbara Boxer charged that Rice “frightened the American people” into supporting the Iraq War; Senator Jim Jeffords accused her of being part of an effort to “distort information” in the service of “political objectives”; and Senator Pat Leahy, who voted in her favor, endorsed her by saying that her tenure as national-security adviser lacked “strong leadership, openness, and sound judgment.”
- But the remarks of Senate Democrats paled in comparison to the material served up by America’s humorists. Syndicated cartoonist Ted Rall depicted Rice proclaiming herself Bush’s “house nigga.” Rall’s depiction was followed months later by that of Jeff Danziger of the New York Times Syndicate. Danziger drew a big-lipped, barely literate Condoleezza Rice, nursing the aluminum tubes cited by the White House as evidence of Iraq’s pursuit of nuclear weapons.
The first woman to ever run a winning presidential campaign would expect to be lifted up by all as an extreme success, especially in doing so providing the win to a man who defeated the most prominent female Democrat in a generation. One would expect that feminists would lift her up as a hero of accomplishment to women everywhere. Not so. Kellyanne since assuming in post-election the Senior White House Advisor position in President Trump’s Administration, almost daily receives sexist cracks from all fronts.
- Democratic Congressman Cedric Richmond made a bizarre, sexually charged joke about Kellyanne Conway looking “familiar” on the Oval Office couch — obviously a reference to White House intern Monica Lewinsky’s storied visits to President Clinton’s Oval Office.
- Richmond’s joke was immediately followed with this from a Democratic operative: “Why does Kellyanne Conway always look like she’s still drunk & wearing make up from last night’s bender?”
- When Kellyanne did not appear on television for a series of days in a row, one reporter tweeted this: @KellyannePolls Where is Kellyanne Conway? Is the “poor waif” hiding or is she the “wicked witch of the east” & the WH has fallen on her?
- SNL depicts Conway — the president of a successful polling company she launched at age 29 — as “an airhead, a publicity hound, and a gold digger.”
Conway has a lot to point out about sexism from the Mainstream Media. Conway was on CNN with Anderson Cooper, who rolled his eyes at her when she reminded him that she was predicting President Trump would win Michigan. Many felt Cooper’s eye-rolling was because of his sexist contempt for her. Why? She’s a Conservative. She had this to say: “Hillary Clinton is in search of sexism as a lame excuse for why her disastrous candidacy and campaign lost six months ago,” she said. “I face sexism a lot of times when I show up for interviews like that. She continued: “Could you imagine rolling your eyes, having a male anchor on a network roll eyes at Hillary Clinton, at … a female representative spokeswoman for President Obama or President Bill Clinton? I think not,” she said.
- Sara Huckabee Sanders just named as the new White House Press Secretary. She as a Conservative gets the sexist Leftist shots every day. “I feel like Sarah Huckabee Sanders left and right eye switched places or something,” comedian Akliah Hughes wrote on Twitter.
- The propagandists at The New York Times and MSNBC questioned Sanders’ character and called her a liar, but now journalists are attacking her physical appearance. “Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks like every woman eating lobster on a cruise ship,” “Family Guy” writer Damien Fahey tweeted.
- After Jerry Brown was caught discussing whether or not to call his conservative opponent Meg Whitman a “whore,” NOW barely batted an eyelash – and endorsed Brown just hours later. In fact, the president of the California chapter of NOW even agreed with Brown’s characterization of his opponent. “Meg Whitman could be described as ‘a political whore.’ Yes, that’s an accurate statement,” California NOW president Parry Bellasalma told Talking Points Memo after the incident.
- “Many senators are known for many things …. We in the Senate refer to Senator Gillibrand as the hottest member.” ~ Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- about Nevada senatorial candidate Sharon Angle: Citizen Radio host and “feminist” writer Allison Kilkenny has bashed Sharon Angle as “crazy.” “Unlike Rand Paul, Sharon just can’t hide the crazy, and she’s not savvy enough to pass off the delusional stuff spewing from her mouth as ‘being mavericky,’” wrote Kilkenny. In a column denouncing “Republican ‘Mean Girls,’” Maureen Dowd compared Angle to “the inebriated lady in a country club bar” and described her views as “nutty.”
- about Delaware GOP senatorial candidate Christine O’Donnell: The avowed feminist blog Jezebel regularly mocks O’Donnell, and has called her “batsh-t,” and the Rachel Maddow show has featured videos on O’Donnell’s sex life and views on masturbation. Last month, Joy Behar called the Delaware candidate a “witch who doesn’t masturbate.”
- First Lady Melania Trump does not escape the sexist attacks either. There was intense media scrutiny over Melania Trump’s White House portrait, in which she crosses her arms. The Boston Globe’s headline asked, “So what’s with the crossed arms?” while former President Barack Obama had his arms crossed in one of his presidential portraits, as did John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln and Joe Biden in his vice presidential portrait. But for some reason, it was significant that Melania had done the same.
- Gene Lyons of Salon had this to say about Michele Backmann, Sarah Palin, and Christine O’Donnell: “To the connoisseur of American political theater, the most entertaining aspect of the 2010 election season has been the rise of the right-wing cuties — political celebrities whose main qualification is looking terrific on television. From where I sit, in a comfortable chair in front of the tube, the GOP Cupcake Factor has enlivened an otherwise dreary campaign season.”
We could go on and on with example after example of the extreme sexism from the Left for Conservative women. But fortunately for Conservative Americans, we now understand the root of the hatred that causes this sexism: it is the frustration of the Left’s not understanding the ability of Conservative women to rise above Party, to put political correctness to the side, reject the Elitism of the Left, and naturally and forcefully to simply do and support the one thing that sets Conservatism apart from Liberalism — Honesty. Additionally, conservatives trust that most other Americans will do the right thing and support American leadership — even if those leaders are from a different political party. Those characteristics of Conservative women make Liberals’ heads spin.
But isn’t that the Liberal mantra? They couldn’t pass the Civil Rights Law in the Johnson Administration. It took Republicans to get it done. Liberal Democrats had no desire to end slavery. It took a Republican President and a War. Liberal Democrats did not give women the right to vote. It took Republicans. But those truths are substantive as are the positive accomplishments great in number by Conservative women. Rather than examine the substance that is there and try to adopt all or some of it, Liberals prefer to simply make fun of, tell jokes about it, and laugh at Conservatives that happen to be women.
Makes me feel a little dirty to think about it. What about you?