Today’s story is available here in audio. To listen or download the mp3 version of this story, click on this link:
Many Americans have been anxious for several years about the dramatic shift to the left regarding law enforcement and the judiciary system. With the advent of cries for “equity” to replace the “equality” guaranteed in the Constitution, a new justice process has stealthily slipped in. It is changing the fundamentals of law that have existed for 260 years. What is happening? Let’s start at the beginning.
“All men are created equal” is the fundamental and most important tenet of liberty that our founders espoused. Our nation was based on it — PERIOD. It means that no one is above the law. Kings are not above the law, groups are not above the law, no individual is above the law, but there is “equal justice under law.”
In 1776, the idea that no one is above the law was popular during the founding of the United States. In the pamphlet Common Sense, Thomas Paine said, “in America, the law is King, so in free countries, the law ought to be king; and there ought to be no other.”
Today, the Supreme Court is the final authority on interpreting the Constitution and all the statutes and regulations created according to it. Many today feel the SCOTUS should edit or amend U.S. law and are desperate to see it happen. For those, “equality” has been replaced by “equity.” For that to ever be implemented, the Constitution would have to disappear. No matter what we’re told, “equality” and “equity” are NOT the same.
“Equality” is one of those inalienable rights with which we’re endowed. “Equity” is precisely the opposite. It creates the ability for people to interject their feelings, ideas, emotions, and political perspectives into outcomes of interpretations of laws, as does the Supreme Court. SCOTUS merely interprets the meanings of laws from the Constitution and those passed by our government. They do NOT make or amend laws.
We may not agree with all their interpretation of the laws and statutes, but their interpretations become the law of the land. That’s essentially the driving power of the movement in U.S. politics to do away with equality opting for equity instead. Why? To give power to people to make or change laws based solely on that power and political perspective. The “People” would be, in essence, changed to mean “SOME People” — those with the power to do so.
All government officials in the United States, the President, the Justices of the Supreme Court, and all members of Congress, pledge first and foremost to uphold the Constitution. These oaths affirm that the rule of law is superior to the rule of any human leader.
There’s no doubt this process means less today than it did ten years ago, and it gets diminished daily in 2021-USA.
The opening of the Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson in 1776, states as follows:
We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
When Thomas Jefferson first wrote these words, it was the opposite of the political theory of the day, “The Divine Right of Kings.” The “Divine Right of Kings” was the doctrine of the British Crown asserting that Kings got their right to rule from God and were subject to no one.
Plato wrote around 350 BC:
Where the law is subject to some other authority and has none of its own, the collapse of the state, in my view, is not far off. Still, if the law is the master of the government and the government is its slave, then the situation is full of promise, and men enjoy all the blessings that the gods shower on a state.
Even in 350 BC, the famous theorist of the day recognized the significance and importance of a type of government other than that which gave unilateral authority to a ruling class. The People of a society in charge, according to Plato, is the only way to build a nation that will sustain itself. Jefferson and his fellow patriots understood that — especially after fleeing Europe after living the entirety of their lives under the selfish rule and top-down government across that continent.
The Declaration was the beginning; the Constitution “sealed the deal:” the United States was to be ruled forever by a government that was (and is to be) “Of the People, By the People, and For the People.”
Has that changed?
Hatred And Anger Fueled By Media Failure
The “legacy” media seemed driven to present enough bad news over the past year about Rittenhouse that guilt on all charges was sufficient to result in his conviction. Sadly, a vast number of Americans who bought in for the faux legitimacy of the “legacy” media narrative led to this example of “narrative-driven” hatred for the subjects of a serious news story. I won’t list the dozens of news stories published since that August 2020 night of infamy in Kenosha that portray Kyle Rittenhouse as a white supremacist, a vigilante, or a Nazi sympathizer. But all of the above were instigated and enhanced through the “bigger-is-better” methodology to make so-called “facts” spooned by the media to their fawning followers seem real sufficient to fuel similar acts in Kenosha in Portland, Seattle, and even Minneapolis.
Why would the “legacy” media do that? One reason: ratings. Ratings begat eyeballs, readers, and listeners. Eyeballs, readers, and listeners in large numbers comprise THE targets for advertisers. That all means MONEY.
As has happened in almost every such event during the last five years, the “legacy” media’s ploys to create and establish sellable stories to legitimize ratings sufficient to bring big bucks, when debunked, continue to double and triple down on their lies. And their followers, who are not attached to facts, swallow the belief that “legacy” media folks are 100% factual all the time.
Constitutional Attorney Jonathan Turley weighed in after the Friday verdict that exonerated Rittenhouse of any guilt:
“I do think one of the lessons we are taking from this case is a certain degree of recklessness in the coverage,” Turley said in an afternoon interview with Fox News’s Martha MacCallum. “Many people watching the trial were surprised that there were these countervailing facts, that Rittenhouse did not shoot [Joseph] Rosenbaum — while he was running away — in the back. They were surprised to find out that he was working to take graffiti off of buildings or that he was invited to protect that business. And that’s a dangerous disconnect for society. That’s what causes rage, and it comes from the media.”
Is it any wonder that the only major news outlet that is closest to non-partisanship is FOX News? And FOX, in that quest for eyeballs/ratings/money, leads ALL cable news media in all of these categories.
Could there be something else going on?
The Government’s Role
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) “I was absolutely disappointed in the judge. He demonstrated from the very beginning that he was on the side of the defendant. The business of not letting the jury decide on the gun issue, whether or not he was too young to have had a gun, he took that unto himself. It was unusual for him to allow this defendant to select who the final jurors were going to be. He was outrageous in the way that he conducted himself. Everybody saw that. He was the talk of the country, the way that he conducted himself. He was brazen, he was bold, he was on the side of the defendant, and I don’t think justice has been served.”
- In a statement Friday, President Joe Biden said that “while the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken.” I know that we’re not going to heal our country’s wounds overnight, but I remain steadfast in my commitment to do everything in my power to ensure that every American is treated equally, with fairness and dignity, under the law,” he added.
- In a statement, Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat, wrote: “No verdict will be able to bring back the lives of Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum, or heal Gaige Grosskreutz’s injuries, just as no verdict can heal the wounds or trauma experienced by Jacob Blake and his family.”
- “In America today: you can break the law, carry around weapons built for a military, shoot and kill people, and get away with it,” Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA) tweeted in response to the news. “That’s the message we’ve just sent to armed vigilantes across the nation,” Newsom added.
- “A system that legitimizes vigilante murder is deeply broken,” tweeted Rep. Gwen Moore (D-WI).
- “What we are witnessing is a system functioning as designed and protecting those it was designed for,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., wrote on Twitter. “My heart still breaks for the communities and families whose grief now compounds and the countless others who will be denied and deprived in similar scenes across the country.
- “The Congressional Black Caucus called the ruling “unconscionable,” writing on Twitter: “It is unconscionable our justice system would allow an armed vigilante — who traveled to Kenosha, Wisconsin and killed Joseph Rosenbaum, Anthony Huber, and wounded Gaige Grosskreutz — to go free.”
- “Kyle Rittenhouse is living proof that white tears can still forestall justice,” Rep. Adriano Espaillat (D-NY) wrote on Twitter. “A murderer is once again walking free today — our system is broken.”
- New York Rep. Jerry Nadler, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, called it a “heartbreaking verdict” and a “miscarriage of justice,” which “sets a dangerous precedent” and encouraged the Department of Justice to review the matter. “Justice cannot tolerate armed persons crossing state lines looking for trouble while people engage in First Amendment-protected protest,” Nadler wrote on Twitter.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called the verdict “disgusting,” saying in a tweet that it sends a “terrible message to this country.” He wrote, “We can’t let this go. We need stronger laws to stop violent extremism from within our nation.”
- “The judge. The jury. The defendant. It’s white supremacy in action,” Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO) said in a tweet. “This system isn’t built to hold white supremacists accountable. It’s why Black and brown folks are brutalized and put in cages while white supremacist murderers walk free.”
- “We have more peaceful marching to do. To where? Every ballot box across our land. Lace-up,” Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) said in a tweet.
- “Racism & white supremacy remain the bedrock of our legal system,” Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) wrote on Twitter. “My heart breaks for the family & loved ones of those whose lives were stolen, and the trauma our communities face today and every day. The struggle for accountability, for justice, for healing goes on.”
- “Our gun laws are protecting the wrong people,” tweeted Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA).
Equal Justice For All?
Kyle Rittenhouse is a white guy. He shot three white guys. Two of those white guys died because he exercised his 2nd Amendment rights. If we didn’t know better, we’d think he certainly is a white supremacist. But everyone was white!
Then there’s this story:
A man who claimed he was defending himself and his girlfriend when he fired shots at deputies during an early-morning raid in 2017 was acquitted Friday of charges that carried a life prison term. A jury found Andrew “A.J.” Coffee IV, 27, not guilty of second-degree felony murder, three counts of attempted first-degree murder of a law enforcement officer by discharging a firearm, and one count of shooting or throwing a deadly missile.
A.J. Coffee IV is a black man. And this black man received “equal justice under the law” THE SAME DAY AS DID KYLE RITTENHOUSE!
Compare the two incidents. Though the specifics are different, the substance was the same: both men defended themselves according to constitutional rights; both actions’ resulted in the death of others. A Difference in skin color, yet both were found innocent.
Truth Leaks Out
Neither of these incidents happened in a vacuum. Together they pull back the curtain on the core of this changing America. We’ve all watched as things changed the last decade: changes in the way politics work, change in the vitriolic delivery of “news” to Americans, change in the atmosphere in our government from top to bottom.
Of course, the legacy media finally found its legitimacy. They used the universal permission granted by their bosses in D.C. to pile on in every way possible to push the Leftist narrative with a universal mandate: destroy ALL opposition to Leftism.
“Have you lost your mind, Dan?”
Nope. And here’s why I can say that. There is NO question there has been something sinister, some undertone, that has quietly crept into every area of public life. We see it in politics, media, interactions between Americans of every ethnicity, and, most of all, in our education systems. The gloves are off, and hardcore leftists have taken the stage front-and-center and are unabashedly cramming the leftist talking points down the throats of Americans — primarily young Americans.
Why else would teachers’ unions go nuts when parents awakened when, thanks to COVID-19, educators at the behest of their union bosses were teaching every tenet of unilateral government control, beginning with our children.
What we face in our nation is NOT new. It’s happened time and time again throughout modern history. Thankfully, we previously have NEVER faced it. It is “Totalitarianism.”
That’s not a conspiracy theory. There are plenty of places to look to for comparison. And know this: those at the “top of the heap” in the U.S. understand that this oppressive philosophy is NOT an easy sale to us. It takes time, planning, and implementation of several things to start that ball rolling.
What makes me think this movie is already in process? Here’s what Totalitarianism is about:
Totalitarian regimes are often characterized by extreme political repression under an undemocratic government, widespread personality cultism around the person or the group which is in power, absolute control over the economy, large-scale censorship and mass surveillance systems, limited or non-existent freedom of movement (lockdowns), and the widespread usage of fraudulent elections and religious persecution. Laws and their enforcement become the total responsibility of a ruling class who enforce or ignore those laws that fit their objectives rather than the laws. The state media becomes THE spokesperson entity in the dissemination of news and information — especially about everything to do with the government.
That was the process that gave the world Adolph Hitler and Nazism, Joseph Stalin and Communism, Mussolini and Fascism, and Fidel Castro in Cuba. Each of these spearheaded and oversaw free countries dramatically walk away from their freedoms only to be replaced by 100% top-down government.
I don’t fly solo in this examination and these results. Millions of Americans’ eyes have been opened, primarily because of the COVID-19 “pandemic” and all the circumstances forced upon our fawning public by our Medical Bureaucracy under the leadership of so-called medical experts who suddenly became experts on every part of our lives. The most obvious evidence of this “slide” comes from legacy media. They are so bold about their operations and facilitation of this movement their political and economic tycoon bosses have ordered to occur that they’re doing this shocked most Americans. It happened so suddenly without warning.
Look: we’ve seen only the tip of this iceberg. We’re nowhere close to the heart of how deep into the total control of our lives by others we will find ourselves. What they are doing, why they are doing it, and how it is now in plain sight. Every negative happening in our economy, COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 death, labor statistics, inflation, and even our ever-growing struggle with our foreign allies fuels the rapid slide into State Government control of it all.
In closing, I will not guess who are the specific players in this new utopia under construction. I have my ideas, as do you. If the historical comparisons listed above hold regarding our situation, their identities will be revealed shortly. There may be a surprise or two. But it’s likely those now in the limelight pushing this so hard (and seeing results) are just the foot soldiers for the REAL tyrants we will see.
What can we do, if anything at all?
Besides praying, we can speak out. There are tens of millions of Americans being lulled to sleep and ignoring the snake that is consuming us! Fortunately, mass media coverage of the events we’re living through has begun to open our eyes. It’s ironic that the COVID-19 lockdowns put millions of us in places to watch more closely world events — watch far more closely than ever before. And these people, in large part, are NOT idiots!
I’m sad to say so, but it’s happening. I suggest that, if you haven’t already, engage in information gathering. READ! Get for yourself the historical perspectives of where our nation is today. Speak to others. Ask questions. And, more than anything, listen to everything you hear — really “LISTEN.” Knowledge is the most effective weapon of defense.
Stay close. Despite this gloom and doom, God has His hand on it all. After all, I’ve read the Book. And the end of Revelations is pretty darn good for my family and me!