- President Trump hinted that he believes that Democrats have only just begun in their impeachment frenzy to run him out of the White House.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, said Thursday that Trump investigations will go on.
- House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler of New York said after his impeachment acquittal that it’s “likely” the Ukraine probe will go on. His committee also has been investigating any Trump-Russia election conspiracy.
- Mr. Trump said of Mr. Nadler: “I always beat him, and I had to beat him another time and I will probably have to beat him again because if they find that I happen to walk across the street and maybe go against the light or something, let’s impeach him.”
- “Of course, they’re going to try again,” said Pam Bondi, a former Florida attorney general and member of the president’s Senate trial defense team, on Fox News.
- “The unwillingness of the Democrats to accept the results of their gross abuse of their constitutional power is a crime against the public trust,” John M. Dowd, Mr. Trump’s former defense counsel, stated.
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Still pending is a wide-open probe launched by Rep. Adam Schiff, California Democrat. Mr. Schiff has been investigating President Trump, his family, and businesses, the Trump Organization, over the congressman’s suspicions of blackmail, money laundering, and bribery. Republican staffers say the inquiry was put on hold last fall, pending the Ukraine impeachment proceedings led by Mr. Schiff. But there is no sign Mr. Schiff has given up trying to prove Mr. Trump is corrupt, and if the president is impeached again, the charges would likely come from this probe, informed sources said.
Schiff, chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, announced an anti-Trump staff investigation on February 6, way back in 2019. That’s the date he took control of the committee. Some of his allegations mirror claims pushed by opposition research firm Fusion GPS and its co-founder Glenn Simpson — organizers of the discredited Democratic Party-funded dossier spread all over Washington.
Schiff’s Trump plans came one month before former special counsel Robert Mueller released an extensive report whose bottom line was: no Trump-Russia election conspiracy.
Schiff’s allegations, which remain under investigation:
• Money laundering. Schiff said: “During the prior Congress, the Committee began to pursue credible reports of money laundering and financial compromise related to the business interests of President Trump, his family, and his associates. The President’s actions and posture towards Russia during the campaign, transition, and administration have only heightened fears of foreign financial or other leverage over President Trump and underscore the need to determine whether he or those in his Administration have acted in service of foreign interests since taking office.”
The Mueller report didn’t mention any financial ties between Trump and the Kremlin. The President’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, told the committee he knew of no Russian money flowing into the Trump Organization, the president’s real estate development firm.
• Russia conspiracy. Schiff said: “The extent of any links and/or coordination between the Russian government, or related foreign actors, and individuals associated with Donald Trump’s campaign, transition, administration, or business interests, in furtherance of the Russian government’s interests.”
• Blackmail. Schiff said: “Whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates.” He continued: “Whether President Trump, his family, or his associates are or were at any time at heightened risk of, or vulnerable to, foreign exploitation, inducement, manipulation, pressure, or coercion, or have sought to influence U.S. government policy in service of foreign interests.”
In the year since Mr. Schiff released this road map, there have been no leaks to the media, perhaps an indication he had not found evidence before he shifted to impeachment. None of these allegations surfaced in the Mueller report nor during the Schiff-led impeachment drive.
Rep. Schiff’s spokesman didn’t respond to the message seeking comment.
They Just Keep On Keepin’ On!
GOP staffers say that Schiff has not given up on proving money laundering, which supposedly revolves around President Trump’s bank, Deutsche Bank, and Russia, or perhaps around an aborted bid to build a hotel in Moscow in 2015-16.
“Schiff will try to redeem himself by continuing his investigations, accompanied by the usual slew of misleading leaks to masochistic reporters, into Trump’s connections to both Russia and Ukraine,” one Republican staffer. “He’ll probably go back after Trump-Russia money laundering, which is one of Schiff’s favorite conspiracy theories. He doesn’t know if it’s Russians laundering money for Trump through the NRA, Trump properties, Deutsche Bank, or the Trump Tower Moscow project, but he’s convinced that somewhere, somehow, something happened.”
One of Fusion GPS’s allegations is that Russians provided illegal campaign donations to the National Rifle Association’s political action committee. The NRA denied this in letters to the Senate.
Meanwhile, Mr. Nadler put together a legal staff that has accused Mr. Trump of transgressions outside the Ukraine storyline. Lawyers Norman Eisen and Barry H. Berke have depicted Mr. Trump as a criminal and liar involved in several conspiracies. They wrote that Trump people could be implicated in Russian online trolling and for “aiding and abetting” computer hacking.
Nadler also has been investigating whether the President obstructed justice in the Mueller probe, but did not include that offense in his impeachment articles. Mueller brought no conspiracy charges against any Trump ally.
Nadler has not announced an end to these probes.
“Just because President Trump has been acquitted by the Senate, paradoxically that doesn’t mean the congressional investigations will end,” J.D. Gordon, a Trump campaign national security adviser said. “The House committees will keep on pursuing obstruction allegations related to Trump-Russia, and keep digging for new details on Trump-Ukraine. That’s in addition to their wide-ranging probes on his taxes, bank loans, and financial history. Plus, anything else that might help build a case in the media for a historic second impeachment. There is nothing stopping them.”
Meanwhile, the Rest of the Dems?
A growing number of House Democrats seem to have abandoned their ongoing investigation into the Trump administration’s official dialogue with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. Fewer Democrats have made new witness requests and filed subpoenas since the Senate impeachment trial acquitted President Donald Trump of abusing power and obstructing justice on Feb. 5.
The lack of interest in continuing the probe came even though the Democratic Party had claimed the president’s foreign policy was risking national security and the integrity of the next general election to be held on Nov. 3.
Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) suggested his fellow party members have moved on the belief the president cannot be found guilty of abusing power and obstructing justice.
“There is nothing that Donald Trump can do that would cause Senate Republicans to convict him of high crimes and misdemeanors,” he said, according to Fox News. “So that has caused everybody in the House to take a deep breath and figure out what our next steps are.”
Democrats also appear to have noticed the results of a recent Gallup poll that revealed support for the president and Republican Party has soared, following the recent appointment of Vice President Mike Pence to a new task force handling the nation’s response to the novel coronavirus.
“A poll says that 77 percent of U.S. adults have confidence in their government’s ability to handle the coronavirus (number one) compared to other health threats,” the president said on Twitter. “Confidence was 64 percent for zika, 58 percent for ebola others way down on the list.”
The president believes the poll results also show health professionals are doing a “great job.”
“Gallup poll numbers on the handling of this situation are outstanding, the best,” he said on Twitter. “Thank you.”
These results prompted House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) to concede he expects the incumbent president to defeat the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee on Election Day.
“The president’s misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won,” he said.
Schiff also hinted he regretted focusing too much on Russia instead of delivering results for people living in his Californian district.
“As one witness put it during our impeachment inquiry, the United States aids Ukraine and her people so that we can fight Russia over there, and we do not have to fight Russia here,” he said.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if the coronavirus would be the “thing” that would wreck Democrats’ impeachment Part Two hopes to rid the nation of a “President” Donald Trump? Keep that thought in the back of your mind. Why?
- Democrats need a “foil” — an excuse with which they thought they could morph it into Articles of Impeachment.
- They thought they had one: “President Trump has shirked his responsibilites as Commander in Chief by not taking steps in time to prepare the Nation for coronavirus. His lack of vision and knowledge of how to govern cannot be allowed to stand. He’s already shown the world he’ll attack any foreign adversary that has angered him taking no thought of its potential damage to Americans. Now he’s letting a pandemic sweep across the country while telling us all not to panic!” (It isn’t working)
- Americans have awakened to the hypocrisy of the Left: African-Americans, Latinos, wealthy, middle class, Christians, Jews, Muslims, native-born and immigrants have realized that his promises are steadily making life better for Americans — ALL Americans. They, for the first time in a long time peering through the veil of elitism and the propaganda of the Press and are rejecting the lies.
The Left is in panic mode. They’ve tried everything they could think of to take Trump down. But they forgot about one crucial factor: Americans. They have exposed what the Ruling Class thinks of you and me. They believe we’re if not dumb, a bit slow: at least slower than are they. They feel we trust them without question. That is because, for decades, many Americans did and did so blindly.
We at TruthNewsNetwork told you the first day we went live two years ago with our podcast that we would always give you the truth. We understand that all you need are facts. Facts tell the story — the entire story! That’s something we have seldom heard from Washington in a long time. We have been spoon-fed just the tidbits they want us to have: just enough to keep us reliant on them.
They have had us blinded. Every day they realize Americans have slowly awakened and are now in rapidly growing numbers recognizing the differences between propaganda and facts. President Trump’s clear message to Americans has opened the doors of political consciousness among the U.S. citizenry that has slept for many years. And Democrats and those farther left are petrified to know that now WE KNOW!
You Shall Know the Truth and the Truth Will Set You Free