As our economy swoons, as our nation continues to be torn apart by the partisanship of a President whose administration’s department leaders seem to be doing their very best to dumb down the Constitution and its provisions, none of which were designed to protect the “State” but rather to protect the “Citizens.” How many more times can President Biden kick the American people in the knees without any repercussions? Whether it’s the slow playing of aid to Ukraine sufficient to push Russia back into its borders or political pandering to the left by scratching the itches they deem necessary to hang onto a slim majority in the House in November, Biden continues to show his propensity to sell anything required to maintain political power — at the peril of democracy in our nation.
Oh well: let’s spend a little time this Saturday morning looking at the week and summarizing what happened when, to whom, and by whom and analyzing what it all means. Jump into our bullet points and get complete details of any of these top week stories by clicking on the blue arrow at the end of the descriptive sentences. Sip your second or third cup of coffee and get caught up on this past week.
- The U.S. agency charged with the singular task of balancing our economy and its status is the Federal Reserve. They determine when to change the prime lending rate and how much each change should be. There are numerous factors that these economic experts use to determine what, if any, action should be taken at any time. But Friday, the Fed found a factor that impacts inflation and its ramifications for the first time in 40 years. What is it, and how is it affecting our nation? For complete details, click on this link:
- Much of the Islamic terrorism and suicide bombing in Afghanistan had pretty well vanished during past years as the United States’ presence with its military somewhat stabilized these egregious acts of militant jihadists. However, coinciding with the Biden abrupt, untimely, and devasting hasty withdrawal of American troops, the jihadists are back at their trade. Am ISIS suicide bomber killed 50 Afghans in a bombing at a mosque on Friday. This slaughter is further evidence of Afghanistan’s sliding into religious fanaticism after the U.S. presence is no longer there. Sadly, that puts the people of Afghanistan at risk of their lives for just simply living their lives. For complete details, click on this link:
- This next story should not surprise any of us — but it surprised me. We all know that in the wake of the “questionable” happenings during the vote-counting process of the 2020 election, there were significant pieces of evidence showing “probable” irregularity in the final election results in Georgia. In the aftermath of all that chaos and disinformation, the Georgia State Legislature passed a law that “tightened” Georgia’s regulations on their voting processes to make it tougher going forward to manipulate their voting outcomes. Of course, it was politicized with all types of media and local and national non-profits attacking Georgia for what they did. That massive pushback resulted in Major League Baseball moving their all-star game from Atlanta to Denver! We learned Friday that the Biden Department of Justice was directly involved in all of the chaos initiated in Georgia to push Georgia’s legislature to terminate that law! For complete details, click on this link:
- We all know that Democrats are facing a certain shellacking in the midterm elections unless a “knight in shining armor” appears to grasp victory from the jaws of defeat. They have been unsuccessful in pushing through trillion-dollar giveaway legislative pieces, hoping that would give them sufficient support among voters to turn the tide they face today. But polls show that that is not working, but it’s also making things worse! Biden’s handlers have devised a plan they hope will turn the tide back their way. The demographic they covet is young Americans between the ages of 18-and 34. If they can win this group, they feel they have a shot at victory. Biden, late this week, began to float a trial balloon to measure the response, hoping they had found a magic pill that would heal their wounds. For complete details, click on this link:
- The most polarizing thing to happen in United States politics in the last decade (other than Donald Trump in the White House!) is Elon Musk purchasing Twitter. Here’s what has driven the left crazy: they thought Elon was “one of them!” After all, he’s a tech guy, a non-conservative (or so they thought) entrepreneur who seemed to be of their political ilk. Imagine their shock when he, just before his purchase offer, proclaimed Twitter would become a depository of free speech and the Democrat-controlled censorship of free speech would end with his purchase! We just thought they hated free speech. They don’t even care anymore. If you’re an American who does NOT support THEIR definition of free speech, “You’re Canceled!” For complete details, click on this link:
- Many Americans (and I’m one of those) were skeptical about the validity of Black Lives Matter when they first hit the front pages with their “demonstrations-turned-violent.” When they militantly began to command benign support for what they stand for from large corporations and those companies began to contribute millions of dollars to the BLM cause, I felt things were not right. In the aftermath of the revelations of their usage of those $200 million in donations to a tax-exempt political entity that are NOT for the legally acceptable causes, BLM has been caught in at least a violation of IRS 501 (c-3) rules but might be illegalities. For complete details, click on this link:
- I guess you’ve heard about Biden’s “Ministry of Truth,” created under the direction of Homeland Security. We are told the purpose of this entity is to police “disinformation” from evil people who use lies as ammunition for political points AGAINST truthful and honest political causes and politicians and private citizens. (How this applies to Homeland Security responsibilities is indeed puzzling) When the person heading this “Ministry” was revealed to the media, head-popping details about her flooded the internet on news sites. In previous government positions, it seems that she has sown numerous seeds of disinformation to discredit and diminish political happenings with which she disagrees. Those “causes” about which she specifically opined about included that the Hunter Biden laptop was both a computer filled with Russian disinformation and a plant by the Trump Campaign. For complete details, click on this link:
- Do you believe that President Biden is having some cognitive difficulty? Whether or not his condition is in the early stages of dementia or Alzheimers, there is some cognitive decline he is experiencing that makes most Americans uncomfortable. 60% believe Mr. Biden DOES have a mental issue that affects his ability to serve in his office. What should happen, and even “what” could happen? But many believe the issue needs to be addressed and discussed to find some way to directly confront this with hopes of finding a good resolution. For complete details, click on this link:
- Uh-Oh! Nancy Pelosi’s January 6 Committee has been busted again. They were first caught lying when Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), who serves on the committee, manipulated some evidence to make it appear to support his allegations of Trump’s direct influence on the insurrection that day. Now we understand that one of only two Republicans serving on that committee, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), has purposely held from the public that the FBI had operatives planted among those protesters charged explicitly with inciting protestors! For complete details, click on this link:
- When Russia invaded Ukraine, our government made clear that the United States would support Ukraine in numerous ways, but NOT with troops on the ground. We did NOT want to get caught in another Afghanistan-style debacle. However, innumerable patriots from various countries found their way into Ukraine and volunteered to fight with the Ukrainian people against Russia. One such patriot — an American — has become the first U.S. citizen to die in the battle. For complete details, click on this link:
- Our COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns were pretty serious. Most believe they were unnecessary and served as only a test so our government could see just how many of our Constitutional freedoms we are willing to give to our government. If anyone is tempted to believe that was “no big deal,” look at what is happening today in China’s largest city, Shanghai: