Wow! We just kissed another month goodbye. Before we know it, Santa Claus will be at Walmarts shaking his bell!
In the craziness in our lives, you probably lost some of this past week’s news stories that are too important for you to miss. Never worry, we’re here to grab them for you.
Here are ten story bullet points. Read the few descriptive sentences. Then, for any you wish for details, just click on the link and go right to a detailed story that will give you every detail of each. If you scan those few sentences and don’t want more information, just go to the next bullet point. That gives you a Saturday to get details of the week you missed and not have to dig through dozens of “news” sources to get it.
Thanks, and have a great weekend!
- Floridians reside in the bullseye of “Hurricane Alley,” especially Miami. And Hurricane Isaias is headed right at Miami. The Mayor has issued today some warnings for all those in the area to make preparation for any and all of the possible outcomes of Isias’ visit this weekend. For complete details, click on this link:
- There are many concerns about Coronavirus and its impact on just about every part of our lives. Sports — professional and otherwise — are critical in the minds of millions of Americans. Summer and Fall professional sports are fighting to find ways to conduct their games as best as possible while trying to mitigate exposure to Coronavirus. Some of Major League Baseball just threw in the towel. But just around the corner are high school and college Fall sports. What’s likely going to happen? How will Coronavirus affect the attendance and revenue of each of these sports? For complete details, click on this link:
- Remember the atrocities that occurred at the 2013 Boston Marathon? Who can forget the live video horrors a bomb exploding close to the finish line and dozens of people falling at the hands of a terrorist bomb? Guess what, a judge in the case of one of the two perpetrators who lived to face the law for his travesty just got a “get out of jail” card. For complete details, click on this link:
- Who hasn’t heard of the chaos at the Ellen DeGeneres Show? All kinds of complaints have been made by staffers at every level of her show. This includes hundreds of workers that viewers never see and therefore never think about. Ellen appears to be THE nicest person on Planet Earth! But, if one listens to the complaints, the truth may actually be something different. She apologized publicly to everyone. You know, that’s what “Cancel Culture” demands! But those with damaged egos at the show are not accepting her apology. And her show just may be done. For complete details, click on this link:
- So who is the Queen of evening talk on television? There’s Martha McCallum of FOX News, Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, and Laura Ingraham also of FOX. It’s a big battle that has been ferociously battled for a long time. But one has tagged the title of “Evening Talk Show Queen.” For complete details, click on this link:
- Thursday four heads of big technology companies were summoned to testify in Congress about their domination of all-things technology so to be able to make legislative decisions about any actions that Congress might need to take regarding anti-trust actions. No doubt that hearing was contentious! But now, Google and Facebook are facing demands from political leaders to share advertising revenue they receive with others! For complete details, click on this link:
- Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged girlfriend has now been accused of some big-time sexual wrongdoing with a fleet of European models. Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein’s girlfriend, allegedly brought those models to Epstein’s private island to join in a series of orgies that included Epstein, Maxwell, and these models. For complete details, click on this link:
- Remember that Twitter attack a few weeks ago that stole access to the accounts of Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and billionaire Jeff Bezos? It was for the purpose of extorting bitcoin from the holders of those Twitter accounts. Turns out the perpetrator is a teenager from Tampa who successfully extorted about $100,000 before his damage was stopped. For complete details, click on this link:
- There was a surprising bit of news announced Friday afternoon about FOX News: James Murdoch, son of the owner of the parent company of FOX News, turned in his resignation from the Board of NewsCorp, the publisher of Wall Street Journal. The purpose of his resignation was because of disagreement with “certain editorial comments published by FOX News.” For complete details, click on this link:
- Do you think jilted baseball fans are upset because there may not be a 2020 World Series? We don’t know if baseball played a role in a travesty that played-out in Windemere, Florida, but a baseball bat was part of the dance! For complete details, click on this link: