What a CRAZY week! We say that almost every Saturday. But, when do you remember having so many things happen EVERY week that dominate headlines like we see every week? And when we think we’ve seen the worst, something “worse” pops up.
Let’s dig into this past week and isolate the top stories that you may have missed that you shouldn’t miss because of their importance.
Here’s how our bullet points work: at the top of each bullet point, you’ll find several descriptive sentences that briefly describe the story contents. If you want more details, click on the blue arrow at the end of the descriptions. That will take you to a full story on the topic. If you don’t want more details, skip to the next bullet point.
It’s a great way to start the weekend! Remember, we do this every Saturday.
- What’s dominated the news this week? The FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s home and office at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida. It all happened on Monday. And NOBODY expected it. Isn’t it like the Biden Administration to completely fumble something as crucial as this? The Department of Justice failed to explain the context of the raid until Thursday, when Attorney General Merrick Garland spent a scant 3 minutes with the press and took no questions. Guess what? We were told we had all the details, but today’s news makes the FBI look precisely like the old Soviet Union KGB. For complete details, click on this link:
- AG Garland’s brief speech included language to justify the process the FBI used to find classified documents that they were unable to obtain those peacefully from President Trump. The conflict is based on the classification status of those documents. What seems to have been ignored by the FBI is that ANY president has the unilateral right to declassify ANY document! It appears that the FBI failed to address that during their raid. Saturday, President Trump detailed the process he used to declassify the documents the FBI sought! For complete details, click on this link:
- The insanity of the Department of Justice and FBI regarding this classified document dilemma with Donald Trump has reached a NEW level. (You won’t believe this) According to documents obtained by The Federalist, the warrant authorizing the raid demanded EVERY government document Trump had written, read, or seen while he was in the White House! This one is too good to be true — but it IS true. For complete details, click on this link:
- Texas Governor Abbot is daily enraging the mayors of Washington D.C. and New York City. Abbot is sending busloads of illegal immigrants to each of those cities! It seems to be a successful act to “teach” leaders in cities that are very politically blue exactly what Democrats’ open border policies have been doing to the U.S. border states for several years. Now, the state of Arizona has decided to take matters into THEIR hands. Even though Congress fully funded Trump’s border wall, Biden stopped construction. Arizona chose to build its OWN border wall! For complete details, click on this link:
- You can rest easier this weekend knowing that the Democrat-controlled House and Senate made your world safer and your financial status solid by passing a $370 billion inflation reduction bill. Just so you know, the $370 billion is ALL government spending — you know, our government that doesn’t have a spare dollar but spends billions that they BORROW! Conventional financial wisdom says that a government should NOT spend massive amounts of money amid inflation. This government has NO clue about economics. The only other option to explain this particular spending is that they MAY understand economics and don’t care. Who will pay the costs associated with this latest spending spree? The American people. For complete details, click on this link:
- We were told ALL of the money that would come to the government as part of that inflation bill would come solely from billionaires. Middle-Class Americans who make less than $400,000 will NOT see a single dime of additional taxes. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen promised that the $79 billion IRS funding would ONLY come from the nation’s wealthiest taxpayers. Do you believe that? For complete details, click on this link:
- The attacks of former President Donald Trump continue and continue to escalate. Anonymous “leakers” claim that the FBI was specifically seeking nuclear-related documents allegedly in the possession of the former President in his Mar-a-Lago home. Many on the left are taking these rumors and wasting no time using these unconfirmed allegations against Mr. Trump. And it’s not just leftist hacks. Former CIA Director Michael Hayden approved of suggestions to use executions on anyone who “messes with” nuclear material. For complete details, click on this link:
- Sex discrimination is alive and flourishing in American politics. If you don’t think that’s true, just ask Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA). She thought she should have been the Democrat nominee for President in 2020. But she’s certain the reason she wasn’t the nominee had nothing to do with her qualifications or perceived abilities necessary for the job. She recently clarified why she was passed over for Uncle Joe: “If I had a penis, I’d be President.” For complete details, click on this link:
- Just how powerful is Facebook? What is their reach in tracking users’ data and other personal information, credit card usage, and numbers? Would it surprise you to know that TODAY, Facebook is doing just that? Obviously, the social media giant, in conjunction with Instagram — which they own — has found ways to manipulate their users’ posts and the information contained within them. How are they doing this, and what are the impacts? For complete details, click on this link:
- We were curious to watch four Democrats in the House of Representatives who were leery of supporting the inflation bill passed by the House of Representatives. The four represent districts that have large numbers GOP voters who are Trump loyalists. Those representatives knew that their votes on the bill could determine the political histories in the House. How did the four vote on the bill? For complete details, click on this link: