It certainly was NOT a mild week this week. Just about everything we could even imagine “might” happen “did” happen: well, at least we didn’t go to war with anyone — YET! Yes, National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan Friday spoke to the media and said the official word now is that Russia could invade Ukraine IMMEDIATELY. This heads-up came because the former “official” word on the timing of a Russian invasion was not supposed to happen until after the Olympics.
Of course, the Biden Administration was perpetually mired in several other debacles underway in the U.S. Violent crime continued to escalate, especially in our largest cities. Inflation is crushing middle-class Americans. I paid $3.13/gallon for gas on Friday. On the day of the election of Joe Biden as President, I paid $1.65/gallon at the same spot in the same car. My car holds 16 gallons. You can do the math, but let me help you: I paid $50.08 today for those 16 gallons. On November 3, 2020, I paid $26.40. I’m not a math genius, but that’s pretty close to double the price. Inflation is skyrocketing. And Biden’s economist experts sheepishly said this week we’re looking at 2023 “for inflation to begin declining.” That excites me: something to look forward to!
Oh well, there are plenty of other important stories. Let’s start your Saturday by looking at some of those you may have missed.
- Who has their arms around the details of every one of President Biden’s mask mandates? Heck, they seem to be changing daily! Lawsuits get filed in state courts appealed to higher courts when denied. Then some federal court rulings put the mandates on the shelf awaiting a “possible” appeal of the previous court. It’s too hard to keep up with! But, there’s one thing about mask mandates that is easy to understand. In the shadow of a bunch of blue states’ governors canceling their mask mandates, guess what Joe Biden is doing. He’s mandating kids wear masks while riding on school buses! How insane is that? For complete details, click on this link:
- If you believe that humans can actually impact the climate anywhere in the World by our concerted actions, raise your hands. “I see that hand!” Not. Despite a large percentage of leaders worldwide and their minions who believe just that, NO confirmed science supports the theory. Of course, the climate change advocates swear that science DOES support climate change. But, more and more, Americans are awakening to grasp it’s a fake. A federal judge took a swipe at it this week by granting a preliminary injunction on Friday against President Joe Biden’s executive order to force a carbon cost on nearly every aspect of American life! For complete details, click on this link:
- No one can credibly claim that California doesn’t have one of the most severe homeless crises in the nation. And, no one can credibly claim that California political leaders are doing something to fix the problem! It’s getting out of hand. At least 160,000 people are sleeping on sidewalks, tent cities, and even on the beach. With Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, one would think she’d make that a top priority. One of the most significant areas for the homeless in her hometown of San Francisco is just blocks away from her home! Why haven’t Democrat leaders in California done anything meaningful to address this serious issue? For complete details, click on this link:
- This Sunday evening, NFL fans will see the international rollout of the brand new Sophi Stadium in Los Angeles as the Super Bowl comes to town! Besides the obvious attraction to the game — football between the two best teams of the season to determine the league championship — cities get to showcase their sites to attract citizens and businesses to move there. Guess what’s in the works for a coming-up Super Bowl location? On a brand new site, one group is bidding on hosting the Super Bowl in 2026. Where is it? I’ll say this: it’s NOT in the continental United States! For complete details, click on this link:
- Years ago, at the advent of the birth of www.TruthNewsNet.org, we subscribed to the New York Times. After all, to be a “real” news site, we couldn’t expect to find ALL the news from a handful of conservative news outlets. I started following the most well-known New York Times writers. One of those is David Leonhardt. My NYTimes subscription didn’t last too long! Why? Leonhardt is one of the most opinionated “news” writers I have ever read. Without giving details, I’ll say his perspective on everything he writes is perpetually skewed far-left. But, guess what: Leonhardt penned a story that makes sense — for once! And it’s about COVID-19 insanity. For complete details, click on this link:
- No city in the U.S. has made even close to the number of stupid COVID-19 mandates for everything regarding COVID-19, as has New York City. The Big Apple once was one of the most visited cities in the World by tourists. Why not? Manhattan has everything! But, former Mayor Bill deBlasio flexed his totalitarian muscles, again and again, defying common sense and the laws of his state and city by initiating every type of COVID-mandate citizens could imagine. Even though deBlasio is out as Mayor, one of his mandates is about to put 4000 New Yorkers on the street — without jobs! For complete details, click on this link:
- If you listen to the Leftist news media pundits, Donald Trump’s tax cuts for every citizen in the first year of his term put the U.S. on a path for financial destruction. They will NOT today discuss that the federal government revenue zoomed that year to never-before-seen levels even with the tax cuts for tens of millions of us. And, guess what: during the first four months of the current fiscal year, the government’s tax collections dwarfed the previous record! But, wait a minute: during the same time and with ALL that new money, the government spent $250 BILLION more than was collected! On what? For complete details, click on this link:
- A couple of senators have blown the whistle on the CIA. Remember: the CIA has NO authority to “investigate” Americans. They are required to conduct intelligence tasks ONLY regarding foreigners and alleged actions committed outside the U.S. However, it appears that the CIA has found ways to justify their spying on American citizens! Can they do it? Can they get away with doing it? And, by the way, on who are they spying? For complete details, click on this link:
- No, I’m NOT going to be in attendance Sunday at Sophi Stadium for the Super Bowl in Los Angeles. But I WILL be there in spirit, cheering on the Cincinnati Bengals. The “Bungles,” as they have been called for about three decades, shocked the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship game to win the honor of taking on the NFC Champs, the Los Angeles Rams. This game being played at the home stadium of one of the two participating teams is only the third time in Super Bowl history. (The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were the first team to hold that honor) Though there are several Bengals players that I’m all-in for, I have a slight problem with Bengals fans who “stole” a slogan from the New Orleans Saints fans, “Who-Dat.” The Saints have been called that for years. The Bengals fans edited it to say, “Who-Dey?” What do the experts say about this game? For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you heard the name “Gary Chambers?” Chambers in the U.S. Senate wannabe from Louisiana that is best known for lighting up a doobie in a recent television ad announcing his candidacy. He was making a point that, in his opinion, law enforcement should change courses on charging and prosecuting offenders of marijuana laws. Hold on! Chambers has taken it up a notch. And his “new” television ad features a Confederate flag! What’s on his mind? For complete details, click on this link: