Today, the “Ides of January,” is probably not a good day for President Biden. His week was dismal in every way! He got “busted” on every front possible. He heard his Build Back Better bill is toast; his quest to kill the filibuster to allow Democrats flying solo to pass the Voting overhaul legislation failed; The Supreme Court killed his COVID-19 mandate that was to force companies with 100 or more employees to require employees to get vaxxed.
We’ll leave the President with his bad news and hope he recuperates well in Delaware this weekend. But there are many more important news stories from the week. Why don’t we take a look at those while you sip your second and third cup of Saturday morning Java!
- While the corporate COVID-19 vaccination was nixed by the Supreme Court, many Americans were shocked SCOTUS let the other mandate stand. That applied to healthcare workers whose employers receive federal funding through Medicare and Medicaid. The first mandate was ruled unconstitutional by a 6-3 margin by the Court. But two of the conservative justices jumped ship on the healthcare worker mandate which allowed it to stand. And Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida brutalized those two justices for their switch. Who are they? For complete details, click on this link:
- In 2021, the Federal Government spent a fortune in relief for American individuals, families, and businesses in the name of COVID Relief. Part of that monstrous financial package was assistance for parents with young children. The objective was to help parents pay the elevated costs for childcare to allow Mom and Dad to stay on the job. But a big change is coming. It will impact all of these families, and it’s happening this weekend. For complete details, click on this link:
Federal investigators arrested Oath Keepers commander Stewart Rhodes in Texas on Thursday morning, more than a year after the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. In connection with last year’s Capitol siege, nine more people have been charged with multiple counts. For complete details, click on this link:
- California has proudly become the epicenter of many of the attacks on our freedoms — freedoms like free speech and the right to peacefully assemble. And they’ve passed laws to restrict some of these, namely the rights of Californians to peacefully demonstrate at abortion clinics and at centers that provide vaccinations for COVID-19. But, surprisingly, a federal court this week popped Florida for taking those actions and confirmed those rights for those people, and the rest of us. For complete details, click on this link:
- People are dying everyday in the U.S. Young people are dying everyday in the U.S. Though sad, neither of these is unusual. But what IS unusual is that an alarming increase of deaths among Americans 18-49 years of age is being analyzed for cause. Don’t be quick to bring COVID-19 into this conversations. COVID-19 is NOT the cause for these deaths. For complete details, click on this link:
- Another member of the House has announced they are not running for re-election. This one’s a Republican. He’s one of the ten GOP House members who voted to impeach former President Trump. One by one they’re falling away! For complete details, click on this link:
- Joe Biden knows as much about the workings of the three branches of government as anyone. He knows the buck always stops at the U.S. Supreme Court. When the Justices weigh in on issues, the issues are resolved. But, maybe not in the case of Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate that the Supreme Court struck down. He’s now urging large employers to ignore the Court and just go ahead with their vaccine mandates. For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you noticed the shelves empty in any grocery store in which you shop? Most Americans have seen this, but, thankfully, it’s been sparingly. But, guess what: if you think the supply chain problems have been bad, it’s only just begun. The “mother of all supply chain shortages” is about to be foisted on the U.S. What’s happening to cause this? For complete details, click on this link:
- It is indisputable that the President’s son has for a long time been involved in shady financial dealings internationally that have far reaching consequences. Many feel those consequences reach as far as the White House, but the Department of Justice is too busy to investigate. Guess who’s son is now in the bullseye of investigators? The son of another Democrat heavyweight, Nancy Pelosi! Paul, Jr. is in deep trouble regarding shady dealings of his own. And, yes, it appears Queen Nancy “may” have something to do with it. For complete details, click on this link:
- Here I go again; I’m probably going to get in trouble for saying this: It appears that the 2020 election really DID contain some wrongdoing. A Wisconsin judge considered the mail drop-box process in the state and concluded that the process that was being used violates the law. Don’t get mad at me: a judge said that. For complete details, click on this link:
- The Biden Administration apparently has decided the Chinese are simply “truth-sayers” regarding the source of the COVID-19 virus. They told Uncle Joe that they had nothing to do with its origination or spreading. They too, they tell us, have had many of their citizens become COVID-casualties. Part of that is true: they have had many deaths. But the death numbers they have shared with the world are a little different than the real number of Chinese COVID-19 deaths. How off is their number? The real number is as much as 366 times the reported number. For complete details, click on this link: