I’m almost afraid to sleep at night. Why? Because we never know what we’re going to wake up to. Last night? NO difference at all.
If you think about all of the issues that remain in the air in the U.S., I don’t see how ANY president could sleep through the night. And with THIS president, it’s apparent he must sleep well because he’s not fixing anything while awake! He must be OK with it all.
Let’s look back at this week at the news highlights — good and bad — and let’s catch up on what we may have missed. In our bullet point offering, we, in each bullet point, give you several sentences explaining the story. At the end of each is a blue arrow. If you want more information after reading those descriptive sentences, click on that arrow. It will take you to a story on the issue with complete details. If not, just skip to the next bullet point.
Please, have a great weekend and try to find a way to stay cool. That’s pretty hard right now in Louisiana. How about where you live?
- I’m certain you know of former Trump advisors Steve Bannon’s predicament with Nancy Pelosi’s January 6 Select Committee. They subpoenaed him to testify before their “witch hunt,” and he told them to pound sand. Bannon was charged with “Contempt of Congress.” He was convicted by a jury on Friday. That rarely has happened in U.S. history. His convictions, two of them or misdemeanors. They can include a jail sentence, but the last time someone found guilty for the same thing who went to jail was G. Gordon Litty in 1974! For complete details, click on this link:
- The last two years of the “Defund the Police” push by Democrat activists is taking its toll. Crime across the nation has skyrocketed and doesn’t appear to be headed toward normalcy in law enforcement that has evaporated since the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The shooting of Police is increasing daily and does NOT appear to be declining in number or intensity. Police are watching as these new “no bail” events across the nation see hardened criminals guilty of major crimes almost immediately walking back out on the streets. Obviously, police officers across the nation are looking for answers. Meanwhile, one police force in North Carolina is so upset that the entire force walked off the job this week! For complete details, click on this link:
- From top to bottom, members of the Biden Administration have determined that the nation does NOT need fossil fuels anymore. And their obvious answer for a replacement is electricity. From the White House to a federal office in Small Town America, the panacea for the egregious emission problems that are destroying our world is EVs or “Electric Vehicles.” How do you implement such a huge change that comes with a massive number of issues from the start? If you’re President, you simply flip a switch, turning OFF fossil fuels and turning ON electrical generation to replace gas, oil, diesel, and even heating oil. You know that is a ridiculous and inoperable process to try, let alone just “wish” into existence. But Joe Biden said to do it! However, a few wrinkles have already shown their heads, showing that the process is NOT so easy and cannot be done fast enough. Historically, what do U.S. leaders do in such a case? You look overseas to find people, equipment, and processes that can do the work here faster and cheaper. It looks like Ford is doing that very thing with their new EVs, looking to Asia for some assistance. They’re talking about offshoring the assembly of these cars to Asia. If they do so, 8000 Americans will probably get “pink slips.” For complete details, click on this link:
- Dr. Anthony Fauci has made himself a lightning rod for EVERY issue having anything to do with COVID. Who will ever forget our daily “Fauci doses” on live television in those White House COVID briefings? Fauci acted throughout those two years as THE person — and the ONLY person — with the expertise and medical knowledge to guide us through. One tiny little state, Louisiana, is still miffed by Fauci’s doings and is bringing him to court to get some truth. My state, Louisiana, is doing just that! For complete details, click on this link:
- Several Republicans are already eyeing a possible White House run in 2024 and are beginning to find ways to reveal to Americans what they specifically would bring to Washington D.C. that would “make things better.” Almost everyone feels former President Donald Trump will be back in the race. But several others have already joined the fray. Former South Carolina Governor and UN Ambassador for the US, Nicki Haley, is one such candidate. Friday, she took aim at Biden’s Vice President and blasted Kamala Harris for the inept way in which she operates in her office. And it wasn’t very nice! For complete details, click on this link:
- What is your opinion of “Naegleria fowleri?” You don’t know what that is? Well, it’s not good. That is the medical name for “brain-eating amoeba.” The good news is that it normally appears in waterways across the southern half of the United States. The bad news is that it’s changed its mind! “Naegleria fowleri” is blessing Americans across the Midwest this summer. Doctors and scientists are busy trying to find what perpetuates its growth and how to handle it. Meanwhile, I’m not sure what it’s like where you live, but taking a dip in a local lake or pond seems like a really good idea. But maybe not so smart this Summer. For complete details, click on this link:
- One of the obvious reasons that Democrats are so committed to mass illegal immigration into the U.S. is what comes with it: cheap child labor at really cheap prices. Wait a minute: I thought China was the country that used child labor, not the U.S.? It appears that Hyundai — not a Chinese company but still an Asian company — decided to hire some 12, 14, and 15-year-old illegal immigrants to work in their plant in Alabama. Reports show that, besides these three children, many others have worked in that same facility. For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you ever heard of a state in the U.S. being worried about having too much money in the kitty after the end of the year? That’s what’s happening in Virginia. Newly elected Governor Youngkin has raised a cry against massive tax surpluses that require some sincere examination and quickly. One would think any governor would be excited to have a $2 billion surplus, but not Youngkin. The conservative governor immediately began beating the drum of tax reduction. This surplus, he says, is the direct result of state taxes that are too high! That’s something unusual to hear from a politician today. For complete details, click on this link:
- It comes as little surprise that another type of contagious/infectious disease has crept into the U.S. It’s not a new disease: Monkeypox. And we do not hear too much about it. Two more children were discovered with the disease late this week: one in California and one in Washington D.C. Doctors say the children were exposed through “home contagious contact.” That REALLY sounds spooky. In the aftermath of the two years of COVID-insanity, one would expect Dr. Fauci and others would be screaming in unison, “The sky is falling!” But they’re not. I wondered why Fauci wasn’t working to exploit the disease for more political power until I learned this: these two latest infected children have faced daily exposure from living in a “homosexual” environment. For complete details, click on this link:
- Republicans have flooded to Tampa, Florida, this weekend. “Turning Point USA,” an organization comprised of many young conservative Americans, is holding its national convention there this weekend. EVERY person considering a run for the Republican nomination is there to meet and greet and speak to this massive crowd of young Americans. One Senator attending, Ted Cruz (who is NOT running for President… “yet”), pointed to what would happen if and when Donald Trump declares a run for re-election as President in 2024. Cruz said the slate of GOP candidates would “diminish” quickly! For complete details, click on this link: