Undoubtedly the highlight of this last week was the blockbuster from Thursday night: the “1/6 Committee” went prime time with a televised live Committee hearing. Sprinkled around that monumental event was ever-increasing inflation, gasoline eclipsing $5.00/gallon across the nation, and more threats from Communist China.
It sounds like just another week in the USA!
It was anything BUT “just another week in the USA.” So let’s get to a bullet point look back to the week and catch you up with the highlights of some of the most important events. Look at each bullet point’s first few descriptive sentences. If you desire more information than is contained in those few sentences, click on the blue arrow for immediate transfer to a full story on that item. If you already have all you need, move to the next bullet point.
This happens every Saturday. So don’t miss any more important stories during your weekend!
Saturday Bullet Points
- For those of you who remember the late 1970s when Jimmy Carter was President, you probably will remember how expensive everything was during those years. Something many tried desperately to forget was interest rates that went as high as 22%. Hopefully, we’ll never see such rates again, but they’re about to take off. Inflation is soaring, and that’s an understatement. It’s higher than it’s been in 40+ years, and all are praying it won’t go any higher. But don’t hold your breath. For complete details, click on this link:
- President Biden continues to double-down on “little white lies” when he publicly speaks about inflation on his watch. While speaking Friday, he painted the most optimistic picture of inflation, using many statistics to comfort Americans and soften the blow to their wallets. He even told a little white lie when he stated inflation has stabilized and gone down a bit! Yeah…when cows fly. He just happened to leave a few things OUT of his inflation computations. For complete details, click on this link:
- Indeed there are some things that our government can use to get soaring prices to stabilize, if not go down a bit. One would think with all of the economists that roam the streets of D.C., there would be a plethora of ideas that Biden could use to give us all some financial relief. I have even thought of a few that I’ve heard no one in Washington mention. Something MUST provide soon. Millions of Americans are approaching panic levels and need some relief, even if it’s temporary. One such economist wonders why Biden hasn’t at least canceled the federal taxes on gasoline to drop the price at the pump a bit. For complete details, click on this link:
- We don’t talk much about COVID-19 anymore. Why is that? It’s certainly not because it’s gone away. We hear of hot spots in parts of the nation that sound eerily familiar to those bad times during the pandemic. But what we’re seeing are just a few locations. The cases here and internationally have significantly diminished in number and intensity, so the Biden Administration is dropping its COVID-19 mandatory testing for international travelers entering the U.S. For complete details, click on this link:
- I thought the U.S. had grown through its hazing stages by fraternities and sororities in colleges. That’s not the case. Last year one freshman at Michigan State found himself in the sights of senior fraternity members bent on making him remember how torturous initiations are at that university. He won’t remember it. Why? He died. And now, three fraternity members have been charged criminally for their behavior in the hazing incidents that led to the pledge’s death. For complete details, click on this link:
- Are we on the verge of a CURE for cancer? This week, scientists announced breakthroughs with vaccine hopes and a new drug – just two of the revolutionary treatments that give hope in our fight against the killer. In clinical trials, every person in one case was cured of cancer! Is this a real breakthrough or just another publicity stunt? For complete details, click on this link:
- Might President Biden be making a U-turn on his consistent stance on open borders? Maybe he’s embracing reason about the ills of massive illegal immigration. Or perhaps it’s because he sees an inevitable bloodbath in the upcoming midterm elections for his party. He stated he’s about to shut the border down south as a seriously massive caravan of illegals is headed toward those southern U.S. states. By the way: Biden is even talking about sending some illegals to Europe! For complete details, click on this link:
- You’ve not heard of Walnut Hill Elementary School in Gadsden, Alabama. This school is just the latest to face an invader bent on slaughtering many elementary school students and teachers. However, there are many differences in how this perpetrator was handled in Alabama, especially when compared to the mass shooters across the U.S. in the near past. What’s so different? Not a single student or teacher died, and none were shot! Maybe that’s why the media “forgot” to report the incident. Why would they do that? Simple: doing so would have thrown cold water on the left’s battle for gun control! For complete details, click on this link:
- Is it just me, or is it a fact that China has been bold in informing the World that they are hellbent on invading Taiwan? Besides that warning, Xi Xinping made it clear that a China invasion of Taiwan might initiate a military response from the U.S. or any other country would be met with full-out war. This is as bold a warning as we have heard from the Communist China leader. Many foreign policy experts were quick to say Xi feels he MUST draw a line in the sand to keep the U.S. President guessing how far his military is prepared to go if/when such an invasion occurs. For complete details, click on this link:
- Thursday night’s 1/6 documentary was expected to be watched by millions of American viewers. Democrat Party leaders were confident they hired a former ABC president to produce the live television “show.” The number of viewers was expected to exceed 30 million and possibly even 50 million. Unfortunately for Democrats, only 19 million tuned in to one of the five major networks that carried the hearing live. And there’s more to come! For complete details, click on this link:
1 thought on “Saturday Bullet Points: June 11, 2022”
Just had some AMAZING cinnamon rolls from a lady you’re acquainted with!
Thank you for sharing!!!!!!
Dave & Becky