It’s March 26: Russia and Ukraine are still at war! I thought President Biden’s sanctions would shut the Russian government down within 30 days of the start of his invasion of Ukraine. Oh well: Biden was wrong again. And I know that shocks you!
This historical war in Europe has dominated the news for the last month. And it should. It’s not often that we see a World Superpower invade another nation unprovoked. Oddly, the superpower is still struggling for victory while the Ukrainian people from the President down refuse to surrender. The Ukrainian resolve has wrought mayhem and confusion among the Russian soldiers.
There are numerous stories about every aspect of that war. But we looked back and grabbed the MOST important stories that contained truths about the war. We bring them to you in our Saturday Bullet Points. Take a look at each bullet point. If you want full details of each, click on the blue arrow to be quickly transferred to a story for facts.
It’s a great way to start each weekend!
- President Biden is in Europe and has attended NATO and the European Union (EU) meetings for discussions about everything related to this war. As is the practice of this President, Biden has held several press conferences following each session. Friday, Mr. Biden sent a note home to America’s military members full of information. What information? He gave them an inside look at what they will see when they come to Ukraine! Hmmm…I thought we were NOT going to send our military to the war. For complete details, click on this link:
- Biden’s stop on Friday was in Poland. You may not know, but Poland borders Ukraine’s western side. And Poland is a NATO member. When the visit to Poland was announced, I thought it was positive that our President was going into Ukraine to see firsthand what Putin’s military is doing to the Ukrainians. Alas, President Biden announced he was NOT going to cross into Ukraine. Why? “Because they told me I couldn’t go.” Once again, who is this that always tells the President what to do and not do? For complete details, click on this link:
- Do you remember Putin’s promise to swiftly take Ukraine to put back into the family of Russia? While his military has certainly hammered cities across Ukraine, resulting in death and destruction, they’re finding out this fight will be challenging and probably last a while. Russia has taken a few cities in its quest. But one of those cities in Southern Ukraine that Putin’s army took has been retaken by Ukraine! For complete details, click on this link:
- It’s incredible how many foreigners have made their way to Ukraine to take up arms against Russia. According to Ukraine’s President, 16,000 foreign fighters have taken up arms to help Ukraine push back against Russia. One of those volunteers is in the spotlight for his commitment to fighting against Russia: Democrat candidate Mark Lindquist has dropped out of his race for Congress to go to war. For complete details, click on this link:
- Very few people realized just how much of the World’s food is produced in Ukraine and Russia. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is obliterating a large percentage of the wheat and fertilizer that are so critical to our food supplies. It is inevitable to create food shortages in the upcoming months. But guess who has stepped in to fill the shortfall? China! For complete details, click on this link:
- Did you know that the Oscars are this coming Sunday? This awards show in years past was one of the most-watched shows of the early Spring. However, the “wokeness” that has divided the nation has dulled the luster of the Oscars. Therefore, it is no surprise that the Academy is seeking some glitter to make their show shine again. Guess what discussions are underway to do just that? “Churchill in a t-shirt is considering making a cameo appearance on the show: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky! For complete details, click on this link:
- Reports out of Europe overnight state that Russian President Putin is planning on a significant shift in his invasion of Ukraine. News reports state that Russia’s first phase of the conflict ended on Friday and that “changes” are about to begin. The World will undoubtedly be pleased to hear what these reports say. If true, it’s GOOD news! For complete details, click on this link:
- Shocking news coming out of Ukraine says Vladimir Putin has forced hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians to move to Russia. Many fear Putin may plan to use these people as hostages to force Ukraine to surrender. Putin stated those taken voluntarily chose to move to Russia. He assigned almost the same number of Ukrainians now in Russia: 402,000. For complete details, click on this link:
- For those who watched this week’s Supreme Court confirmation hearings of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, it is now apparent she will win confirmation. With a virtual split in the Senate with 50/50 Democrats and Republicans, if just one party member jumps to the other side, such confirmation will occur. That appears to be the case this time as one Senator has flipped. Who is it? For complete details, click on this link:
- Title 42 is the US government regulation that allowed for the immediate return to Mexico of anyone during the pandemic. Title 42 is set to be either confirmed or ended by the Biden Administration this week. If Biden does that, two US senators predict a flood of illegals at our southern border never before seen. Conventional wisdom is that Biden WILL end Title 42. For complete details, click on this link:
- The entire World was shocked to hear that President Biden and the European Union reached an agreement on a plan to drastically reduce Europe’s reliance on Russia for energy. How is Europe going to make it without Russia’s fossil fuel imports? According to Biden, the US will fill in the gap by providing a massive amount of LNG (liquid natural gas) to the EU! What???? On his first day as President, Biden took actions to reduce US fossil fuel production purposely. What’s the plan to make this all happen? For complete details, click on this link: