Wow! What a week. Of course, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine gobbled up all the news time this past week. There is no doubt it was riveting to daily watch as the most egregious actions taken by one country over another played out on an international stage before the eyes of the World. But, guess what: Ukraine and Russia were NOT the only two important happenings of the week. Life went on in every other area of life for citizens of the World. Let’s look in and give you not only the most current Ukraine stories but also the biggest stories of the week you may have missed. Here’s how it works:
Read the first few sentences of each bullet point. If the information included in the bullet point makes you want more information, click on the bullet point and go to a full story with complete details. If you already know the details described in the bullet points or just don’t care for more info, skip to the next story and repeat the process.
It’s better to be certain you didn’t miss any of the important happenings of the week than to not confirm that. We make it easy for you every Saturday!
- Most experts point to the weakness of Joe Biden’s energy policies as the critical link in Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. Remember Biden on his first day as President canceled the XL Pipeline federal permit that shut down the conduit of oil that would have for the last year been flowing from Canada to the U.S. Gulf coast for refinery processing. That was just the first link in the chain of poor choices that eventually led to the U.S. relying on Russia for oil instead of our being able to sustain sufficient oil and gas products to keep our nation carbon self-sufficient. How much oil would we be using from the XL Pipeline if it had been completed? For complete details, click on this link:
- President Biden’s “Build Back Better” bill was dead on arrival. Though he and his fellow Democrats pushed hard, conventional wisdom stopped the financial boondoggle from ever getting considered in the U.S. Senate. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) was the pivotal Democrat senator who sunk Biden’s multi-trillion dollar giveaway. But there’s a new version that contains many of the pieces of Biden’s original piece of legislation that is getting quite a bit of airtime that Dems are hoping will give it new life. However, that same Senator, Joe Manchin, has entered that conversation and is passing out information about this potential new version and Democrats are very angry. For complete details, click on this link:
- It was spooky to watch as the Putin invasion of Ukraine unfolded so quickly and with such dramatic force. The tens of thousands of Russian soldiers that swept into their neighboring state birthed fear across Ukraine. Devastation and defeat were considered to be imminent from the beginning. But every day that has passed without the successful takeover by the Russians of Ukraine’s largest cities has seeded considerable doubts in the minds of Russian soldiers. Many of them were not keen on taking action to invade from the beginning. But, every day the invasion hits roadblocks to slow it down is seeding doubt and anger in the hearts and minds of many of the Russian soldiers! They’re not so sure today that Putin’s decision to invade was the right one. For complete details, click on this link:
- Did you visit your favorite gas station this past week? Did you experience “price shock” when you looked at the pump? It was expected that prices at the pump would rise quickly and substantially. But it was NOT expected the price increases would happen so quickly and be so dramatic the increase as it has. Americans are shocked to learn that “Bidenflation” linked to the fallout from the Ukraine invasion has inflated prices at the pump to levels not seen in decades. How bad is it? For complete details, click on this link:
- A huge majority of Americans are crying for President Biden to shut down the process of the U.S. buying so much oil from Russia. In October of Trump’s last days as President, it was announced the U.S. was energy independent for the first time in decades. But on Biden’s first day in the White House, he began the process that has paralyzed the U.S. fossil fuel industry. However, President Biden refuses to do that and has pitched a different plan to tackle the inflated fuel prices. What’s his plan? How will it resolve the massive increases in fuel for Americans? For complete details, click on this link:
- Lost in the Ukraine chaos are those vaccine mandates that caused such massive uproar across the nation. Though the President throughout the COVID-19 pandemic early stages made clear when asked that he did NOT have the authority to mandate Americans to take the COVID-19 vaccines, he shocked the world by doing that exact thing! The quickest and most egregious impact happened with Biden’s vaccine mandate for all members of our military. To no one’s surprise, many military members refused vaccinations even though most filed religious exemptions as they were instructed to do. Though the mandates are hot items in federal courts, they are still in place for the military, if only temporarily. And on Biden’s authority, our military is now kicking volunteers out of our military. For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you followed the nasty revelations regarding members of the U.S. Congress quietly taking advantage of insider information to personally enrich themselves and their friends using insider stock information? Legislators like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) have made millions using such information to cash in on “good deals.” Congress itself is considering considerable and brand new legislation to stop this. However, some legislators have been found buying Tesla stock while legislation is pending that will give Tesla (and the company’s stockholders) huge financial dividends! Is that insider trading? For complete details, click on this link:
- Believe it or not, our First Amendment right to “freedom of expression” is under assault as never before. Our government does NOT like private citizens to criticize the actions of our government using Big Tech platforms to spread what many in government are labeling as fake. It’s become so contentious that now the Biden Administration is pushing Big Tech to give to the government the private information of those who the government “say” are spreading lies through their social media accounts! For complete details, click on this link:
- Bad information is abundant regarding everything to do with Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. Russian President Putin has been a master at spewing misinformation throughout his career in the KGB in the old Soviet Union and continues to this day. He’s carefully screening data regarding everything to do with the invasion — especially information he does NOT want the Russian people to know about. The toll of top Russian Army generals being killed in this battle has been hidden from the Russians. In fact, three top dogs in the Russian military are reported to have been killed in this battle over the last nine days. For complete details, click on this link:
- You probably will not believe this, but we’re told there has been a secret process playing out by the Biden Administration to re-engage the Iran nuclear agreement between the U.S. and Iran. But the “old” deal is being revised in this current negotiation. In order for the U.S. to ensure Iran will be able to not only enrich uranium for their use for “energy creation,” most know their real intent is to develop nuclear weapons in spite of what the proposed agreement details. Guess what: The U.S. has brought Russia into the deal to circumvent possible conservatives in the upcoming change in political power in the U.S. What are the plans and the process for doing so? For complete details, click on this link: