Tax Day is just a week away. No, that’s not news; it’s panic time! But on this last weekend, before you have to sign away your life savings to Uncle Sam, let’s enjoy a quiet Saturday starting with a good cup of coffee and “Saturday Bullet Points.” You’ve got to make sure you are caught up on all the week’s happenings. And we have them for you.
Just click on each bullet point, read the brief explanations of each event. If you want more details, click on the blue arrow at the end of the description. It will take you to a full story.
If you don’t need more details, go to the next bullet point. Have a big weekend today and tomorrow. Don’t work about May 15th! It’ll be here soon enough. And you’ll survive!
- There are quite a few former government officials that served our nation in the cabinets of several previous administrations that are NOT keen on Joe Biden — especially regarding his prowess in dealing with foreign governments. That’s pretty important for U.S. Presidents. One previous Cabinet Secretary, Robert Gates, once famously quipped about then-Senator Joe Biden: “Biden has been wrong on every foreign policy position he’s ever taken with any country.” And Gates is back in the news as he laments about what the nation faces in today’s foreign policy with Joe Biden in the White House. For complete details, click on this link:
- Black Lives Matter is back on the prowl on the streets of Louisville, Kentucky. This time it happened during a protest march/rally protesting the police killing a year ago of Breonna Taylor. During their protest, BLM activists decided to take their protest into a restaurant full of diners. Imagine their surprise when their actions were met with some drawn guns! For complete details, click on this link:
- White House communications with the American public is a critical aspect of each presidential administration. The Biden White House: not so much, at least when it comes to direct interface between the press and the President. It has become painfully obvious that his communications department does NOT like the President answering press questions. That has NEVER happened in any previous administration! Press Secretary Jen Psaki actually confirmed their continual efforts to keep Uncle Joe from answering questions! For complete details, click on this link:
- Many Americans are wondering if Liz Cheney, Congresswoman from Wyoming and the third most powerful Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives, wishes she had NOT come out so strongly against President Trump in the aftermath of the November 3, 2020 election. Her doing so looks to be ending our power in the Party and in the House. She’s been holding on for some time but appears she is accepting that Wyomans and her fellow Republicans in the House are about to push her out the door. For complete details, click on this link:
- President Biden has been singing his own praises for a couple of months. What about? “We’ve created more jobs in our first hundred days in office than has any other U.S. president.” Uh-oh: the Labor Department released the employment numbers Friday morning for the month of April. They were quite a bit lower than the projected numbers of new jobs for Americans. To make it worse, the reported new job numbers from March were lowered! And the unemployment rate ticked up — that was a BIG surprise. For complete details, click on this link:
- The press has been pretty quiet the last week or two about illegal immigration numbers at the southern border. Why? Most think the Biden Administration is trying to deflect the attention of Americans to the horrendous numbers of illegals pouring into the U.S. through our border. To prove that point, they have given pictures to the media showing several of those tents that have previously been flooded with unaccompanied minors are virtually empty. Why could that be? One Texas Democrats in Congress is accusing the Administration of playing the shell game with those kids! For complete details, click on this link:
- We all thought that Social Media was the perfect way to get Americans to communicate more closely with each other. All of a sudden we now realize that our “normal” communications with each other have been turned off like a water faucet. Instead of talking on the phone or running over to a friend’s house we grab the iPhone and send a text or Facebook message. We don’t talk anymore! However, we’ve now discovered that Big Brother — “Big Tech” — is taking over bigger pieces of our lives every day. And it’s only going to get worse. For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you noticed in your town or city how many employers are struggling to find employees? States are releasing restrictions on businesses that have been desperate to reopen after being shut down for months — many for a year! But folks won’t go back to work. Why is that? With the federal unemployment stimulus payments with state unemployment benefits, many of those unemployed are making more money staying at home than going back to work! But South Carolina has a fix for that. Their governor gave notice that they will stop those federal unemployment payments in their state in a few months. For complete details, click on this link:
- Facebook seems to stay under fire for the egregious handling of Americans’ personal and business social media pages. To put it mildly, Facebook has gotten too big for their britches! They with their fellow Tech giants have seized control of a massive percentage of the nation’s messaging. But one Texas Representative has discovered that Facebook has been caught running advertisements on their platform that promotes human smuggling by cartels from Mexico and Central America! For complete details, click on this link:
- The United Kingdom has experienced everything regarding all things COVID-19 related several months before the U.S. This past week, the U.K. published the results of an analysis on the people most affected by the resurgence of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Virus infections in March. What is surprising is that the highest percentages correspond to those who had already received two doses of the vaccine!
Can we expect that same thing here in a few weeks? For complete details, click on this link: