What could have possibly happened in the way of “big news” this last week that any American could have missed? OMG! There’s something “new” and something “big” that happens almost every hour of every day! So we grabbed a number of the “biggest” and “most important” occurrences and put them together for you today. This way, you can peruse the past week and know for sure you missed NOTHING important.
Let’s get right to it!
- Secretary of Transportation in the Biden Administration is former Southbend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Most people know “Mayor Pete” is gay and has a gay spouse. The two share brand new twin babies, too. Americans may NOT know that the Transportation Secretary just took three months away from his job to assist his spouse in caring for those newborn babies as part of the Paid Leave policies of this Administration. Mayor Pete’s actions have been a significant distraction primarily because there have been quite a few big emergencies consuming the attention of many in the White House regarding getting our supply chain back up and running! But Pete and Chasten have been consumed with other more important tasks. For complete details, click on this link:
- If you think that the atmosphere in the United States is more negative with more nasty and contentious things happening than you can remember, consider what happened Friday in the United Kingdom. One member of Parliament was meeting with his constituents in a church when he was attacked and stabbed to death! Details surrounding the horror are scant at this time. But Britts are shocked that this type of horror could play out this way in what is known as a usual “peaceful” U.K. For complete details, click on this link:
- The insanity of the censorship by Big Tech has reached its pinnacle — at least that is the thought of most people. However, Apple decided to take their “pick-and-choosing” of what is allowed and not to a new level. The media monstrosity announced they had taken the Bible and the Quran apps from their App Store in China! Why would they do this? Because the Chinese government “requested” that Apple take this action. For complete details, click on this link:
- More and more Americans are getting angry and even afraid during this daily-increasing pressure from all fronts to get a COVID-19 vaccination. Every day we hear stories of employees across every economic sector who start pushing back against employer vaccine mandates. And the “pushbacks” are getting larger, louder, and more widespread. Even all the branches of the U.S. Military require vaccinations. Those in the military who refuse vaccinations on medical or religious grounds are allowed to file for waivers from the vaccine mandates — until now. The Navy announced they are about to begin the discharge of everyone who refuses a vaccine, and they are allowing NO exceptions! For complete details, click on this link:
- Everyone knows Big Tech is under tremendous pressure from all sides for many different things. Over the past several years, their actions in censoring social media users and blocking and/or deleting posts and even accounts of people with whom they disagree have created massive angst from all corners of society. The U.S. Government has even threatened to go after Big Tech for violations of Americans’ First Amendment rights in censorship. One would expect these concerns from outside of Silicon Valley to be the biggest concern of the leadership at these companies. But their most significant problem rests internally. The morale of Big Tech company workers is the most critical issue for leaders in all of these corporations! For complete details, click on this link:
- No one can question that technology continues to develop at warp speed in every segment of our lives. “Remote access” continues to race forward toward the goal of many to be able to monitor from any distance certain aspects and conditions of others. It might be parents who are concerned regarding the welfare of their children — along with their childrens’ whereabouts! It also could be to monitor others for an untold number of surreptitious purposes. The Department of Homeland Security is actively seeking to watch their employees’ “health and well-being” 24/7. Now DHS “says” their aim is “to monitor the health and stress levels of its employees to help identify when workers need assistance—due to physical or mental weariness—and optimize “human performance and resiliency” among the workforce.” That seems to be an excellent method to use to help their employees. But, we’re talking about “Homeland Security” and “monitoring.” Can you think of some other “purpose” for the government tracking its employees? For complete details, click on this link:
- On the heels of the Homeland Security monitoring of its employees, cybersecurity experts in the U.K. sound the alarm on Thursday regarding Apple and the European Union’s quest to implement a cell phone scanning process to monitor what they call “illicit materials.” Does that at all sound eerily similar to what George Orwell warned us to watch for in his book “1984?” It is uncanny how more than a half-century ago, Orwell predicted this and dozens of other things — primarily the egregious actions of ever-growing government — would find their way into our everyday lives. For complete details, click on this link:
- Seven or eight years ago, my company’s computer network was hacked. We were the victims of a Ransomware attack by a group of Russians. Imagine the horror when I discovered that my entire system — which served dozens of our client hospitals, clinics, and emergency medical operations — was about to either be destroyed or locked up forever! My only out, I was told, was to pay a ransom in “bitcoin.” I had NO idea what bitcoin was. But I soon found out. My bank educated me as to the value of bitcoin at the time. I purchased the amount necessary to bail out our system, paid the ransom, and thankfully watched as our system was restored. But I overbought the bitcoin. I didn’t even give it a thought for several years and only finally did when the value of bitcoin began to climb. I realized I still own some of that bitcoin! And the value of bitcoin hit a monumental number on Friday. How much? For complete details, click on this link:
- Besides the recall efforts for Californians to remove Gavin Newsome from the governorship, no recent state election has been as controversial and angry as that in Virginia. Former Gov. and Clinton “handler” Terry McCauliffe finds himself in a bitter battle with his Republican rival, Glenn Youngkin. However, in early voting, it appears that McCaullife might be in trouble. Compared to the hotly contested 2020 midterm early voting turnout, Democrats in Virginia are yawning at the current race. Early voting numbers have dropped precipitously that experts predict is ominous for the Democrat. For complete details, click on this link:
- The new rush to get younger and younger Americans vaccinated against COVID-19 has hit a snag. Moderna presented “evidence,” they say, proves that using their drug to vaccinate 12 to 17-year-olds is safe and necessary to stop the spread of COVID. The FDA said, “Not so fast.” There seem to be unanswered questions about a rise in cases of Myocarditis in teens this age in the testing Moderna presented. What’s going to happen now? For complete details, click on this link: