September is half gone now. And the Dallas Cowboys are winless! The “Boys” were expected to take Tom Brady in hand in the 2022 season opener for both teams. Brady got the “W,” and the Cowboys got beaten up and failed to score a touchdown. Their only points came on a field goal.
Wait: that doesn’t have anything to do with the news! You’re right. But people in the South are pretty much Cowboy fans. I just had to rub it in!
Yes, there was REAL news this past week. And I’m certain you didn’t see it all. So let’s catch up on the past week’s biggest stories — besides the Cowboy’s loss — in our “Bullet Point” story.
Read the descriptive sentences at the front of each bullet point. For those stories, you already heard, and don’t want more details, skip to the next bullet point. But if you want more details, click on that blue arrow at the end of the description. That will take you to a story where you can get full details.
Maybe the Cowboys can get a victory in week two, but I doubt it. They play the Bengals. My bet is on Burrough and the Bengals’ special teams. (My “nephew” is the punt returner for the Bengals — Trent Taylor!) However, the game goes on Sunday, we’ll be here next Saturday to fill in your news gaps just as we do every Saturday!
- This saga of the transportation of illegals from the southern border to points across the U.S. and the accompanying political uproar is actually REALLY funny. These Democrats mayors and governors who have proclaimed their states and cities to be sanctuary havens for illegals are bleeding their hypocrisy as they scream at the top of their lungs at governors DeSantis of Florida and Abbot of Texas for shipping illegals from the southern border to these states and cities. California Governor Gavin Newsom even called on the DOJ to investigate DeSantis for possible kidnapping for sending 48 illegals to Martha’s Vineyard, where a “local emergency” has been called. The coordinator for a local shelter lost it during an interview saying, “They have to go somewhere else! We don’t have the infrastructure…” 48 illegals? That’s just an hour of illegals in the Texas Del Rio sector! Don’t worry, those horrible Venezuala illegals are being taken to a military facility in Cape Cod. For complete details, click on this link:
- Every American is feeling the sting of “BidenFlation.” No one is exempt now. Every sector of our economy is impacted: from energy to food, transportation, and even shipping. Economists still remain hesitant to call what we’re experiencing a “recession.” But FedEx CEO Raj Subramaniam took our inflation talks to a different level. He predicted that we are almost certainly headed for a worldwide recession! For complete details, click on this link:
- Crime during the Biden Administration is exploding across the nation. It appears that no state or city is insulated from every type of criminal act imaginable. What was the proverbial match that lighted the fire of criminality? It began in Minneapolis in the aftermath of the George Floyd murder. Minnesota residents looked on in horror as criminals for weeks nightly burned and pillaged businesses costing citizens and the government billions of dollars. Added to that were the cries for defunding the police and a bevy of far-left district attorneys who committed to go soft on crime and have, in some places, even canceled bail. Where is the most crime in the nation? Which city holds the title of “Murder Capitol” of the nation? It likely will surprise you. For complete details, click on this link:
- Blue states, without exception, are experiencing a mass exodus of citizens and corporations who grew tired of the woke policies, horrendous taxes, and exorbitant prices in those states and are moving to mostly southern states with zero or very low taxes and far fewer regulations. California is one state that has lost a massive number of residents and numerous companies. The latest loss for our largest state is unusual: dairy cows are headed for the border! For complete details, click on this link:
- It should shock no one to learn that Texans, with the massive influx of Spanish-speaking Central and South American immigrants, find themselves in the minority among their residents. We knew that millions of illegals flooding across our southern border would make major impacts on the makeup of the U.S., and there’s no place more in the bullseye for that than Texas. A recent poll puts native Texans in the minority now. That may surprise many, but it happened and happened quickly. For complete details, click on this link:
- The U.S. Senate seat open in Ohio is in the midst of a hot election race. J.D. Vance, a Republican, is running against Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH), who has been doing his best to campaign as a moderate, bipartisan Democrat while attempting to portray Vance as an “Ultra MAGA” leader. Whether it was accidental or purposeful, Ryan put himself in a serious deficit this past week when he stated, “We must kill and confront the MAGA extremists in this election.” Whether he meant what he said, one can just imagine how those words have played out in Ohio. And, to no one’s surprise, Ryan finds himself in a four-point deficit to his GOP counterpart. For complete details, click on this link:
- Let’s be honest, Biden’s promised student loan debt forgiveness plan faces egregious opposition — and not just from Republicans. Millions of Americans who paid their student loans and others who couldn’t afford college decided not to go don’t like the idea of being saddled with paying for those who voluntarily “took the plunge” and want to bail on their obligations. Also, it is likely that no president has the authority to take such actions, and it surely will be court-tested. However, two GOP committees smell a rat in the process. They are demanding to know which members of Biden’s advisory team for this policy will take personal advantage of the program themselves. For complete details, click on this link:
- Wouldn’t you like to see a non-partisan grading summary of how each of our 535 members of Congress stands on the really important issues Americans face due to the policies these lawmakers have made? Guess what? There IS such a pending report that a national non-profit group of mothers put together, who developed the list of important issues and graded each lawmaker. Wanna take a look? For complete details, click on this link:
- It appears this past week, Ukraine poured it on in their war in defense of their nation against Russia. There are stories floating around Europe detailing Russian soldiers abandoning vehicles and sophisticated weapons and running for the border to escape Ukraine’s advancing forces. Sadly, as the Russians leave, Ukrainians have discovered torture chambers and even mass graves containing hundreds of Ukrainians, many of whom have been tortured. For complete details, click on this link:
- A local resident of Washington D.C. is hellbent he will force his local government to strictly adhere to the 2nd Amendment. For the second time, D.C. has altered its adopted regulations that restrict certain elements private citizens can take in the exercise of their 2nd Amendment rights. The latest appeal by this man forced Washington, D.C., to remove a restriction on the amount of ammunition a conceal carry permit holder can have on their person. For complete details, click on this link: