Here we go — buckle down! The 900-pound political gorilla is NOW in the room: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. Her death was announced Friday evening, and with it came the expected chaos surrounding the timing of her death.
Today, we will look a bit closer at what is certainly going to happen during the next few weeks.
Here we go!
- With Ginsburg’s death, the big question is what will happen now? Will President Trump send his nominee immediately to the Senate or will he bow to political pressure to wait until after the election? NBC News weighed-in as expected:
- What will the battle look like regarding all to do with Ginsburg’s replacement? Will Trump push to make this happen before the election? Will Republicans act in sufficient number to confirm a Trump nominee during this election cycle? The Associated Press (AP) takes a look at what might be ahead:
- While the leaders of both parties and the President will be forced to take a position on whether to proceed on a replacement on the Supreme Court for Ginsburg before the next administration takes control, there is NO doubt on the position Justice Ginsburg wanted to see happen. For complete details click on this link:
- Ginsburg was a champion for women’s rights and fought hard to push gender issues and policies that could help women in every aspect of life. Let’s take a look at her history before and after her confirmation to the Court:
- Very few Americans know much about Ruth Bader Ginsburg before her confirmation in 1993 to the Court. She left an extensive and very public life supporting numerous causes. Much of that work escaped public eye because of the shroud of silence regarding Justices. Let’s take a look:
- NEWS BULLETIN: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell late Friday evening cleared the air about a nomination to replace Ginsburg happening before this election. For complete details click on this link:
- Weather has been front and center far too often this year for the comfort of Americans. Besides the horrendous fires in the West and Northwest, hurricanes and other storms in the East have resulted in horrible damage, especially in the Southeast and the Gulf Coast. There have been so many hurricanes and tropical storms that officials have run out of names for more expected named storms. What to do? For complete details, click on this link:
- Our social media giants have come under intense fire for picking and choosing what content to allow to be posted on their sites. Many feel their doing violates the Freedom of Speech. Now Facebook faces another egregious allegation: spying on Facebook users. For complete details click on this link:
- For decades scientists have scoured the world of medicine to find a cure for cancer. Many through the years have pointed to the benefits of coffee to our bodies and even to the possibility of cancer cures. Now it seems that coffee can effectively take-on colorectal cancer! For complete details click on this link:
- A mystery surrounding the disappearance of a famous Russian ballerina feared to have been murdered six years ago may be resolved. WARNING: the details are shocking: