We started the week griping about the massive illegal alien invasion across our Southern border. We also needed the House of Representatives to complete the U.S. Government budget so that when our fiscal year ends — next week — we could have the information necessary to borrow what’s needed to pay our debts. We ended the week with illegal alien numbers that dwarfed any previous week ever! And we ended the week without even a proposed budget for the House to vote on, let alone having one approved to send to the Senate in time to stop a default on payment of interest on our national debt!
Do you think it’s been a busy week in D.C.? And next week’s projections are pretty bleak as far as getting any real government business done.
Let’s spend a while today catching up on the specifics of the important highlights of last week’s happenings. Let’s do — as we do every Saturday — with our Bullet Points.
- To this day, President Biden refutes any allegations leveled against him for his policies causing U.S. inflation are real. It is beyond most Americans to think he actually believes that. But, apparently, he does. He spent much time in his recent overseas trip telling our partners in government around the World that his economic plan — “Bidenomics” — is fixing America’s economic ills caused by Donald Trump’s policies! He consistently denies that the massive government spending that happened on his watch had anything to do with inflation. But they really did. In fact, there are at least four specific ways D.C. spending ramped up our inflation. What are they? For complete details, click on this link:
- It is impossible for millions of Americans to believe what “information” spewed by the White House is real regarding illegal immigration. Still, to this day, White House staffers, Democrat Congressional representatives and Senators, and numerous die-hard Democrats scattered around the nation declare our Southern border is NOT open — that they have everything under control. However, Americans who live and work across our border are suffering unfathomable horrors at the hands of these illegals and the issues our government brings to their homes and businesses because the Southern border IS wide open! The Democrat Mayor of Eagle Pass, Texas, put it all in perspective. Are you curious to see if he agrees with President Biden, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, and numerous Democrats? For complete details, click on this link:
- The “evil” collusion of Biden’s government and social media giants to censor the First Amendment rights of Americans was stopped — at least temporarily by an exhaustive determination by a Louisiana federal judge’s excoriating analysis of what the media giants have done. An appeal filed with the Supreme Court by the Biden Administration to overturn the Louisiana findings was temporarily blocked by Justice Samuel Alito. He gave all involved until September 22 — Friday — to take action on the case. However, on Friday, things changed. What happened? For complete details, click on this link:
- As most Americans realize, all of January 6, 2021, matters at the U.S. Capitol have resulted in a significant number of arrests and prosecutions for many of those who were at the Capitol demonstrating their disagreements with the final results of the 2020 presidential election. The egregious actions taken by the FBI and Department of Justice against many of these Americans have horrified millions of Americans, including some who were there that day but did not participate in any of the events the Left has termed as “insurrection.” In a House Judiciary Committee hearing this week, Attorney General Merrick Garland answered lawmakers’ questions on many fronts. One Congressman asked Mr. Garland a question about the purposes of the DOJ in the arrests and trials of these Americans. That question astonished the Attorney General and many others. Watch this:
- President Biden’s green energy policies — specifically those involving electric vehicles (EVs) — have caused some nasty problems for many. How so? Though the cost of EVs today is much higher than their combustion engine counterparts, technology is catching up quicker than was expected. As this continues, prices of producing EVs will reduce dramatically, as will the need for manufacturing their parts and labor costs to build. Layoffs at automakers will make drastic cuts in those companies’ workforces. So, the UAW took action this week and initiated a “partial” strike of most of the automakers. But, on Friday, the UAW ramped up its picketing because car manufacturers did not seem interested in honest negotiations to resolve the stalemate. For complete details, click on this link:
- President Biden’s war on the fossil fuel industry got a black eye in Louisiana. On Thursday, a federal judge blocked an attempt by the Biden Administration to cancel the sale of Gulf of Mexico oil leases scheduled for next week. Though Biden is keeping his campaign promises to his supporters in his attack on one of America’s greatest industries, most Americans have awakened to realize the massive increases in energy costs across the nation are the direct result of Biden’s actions just like this across the nation. For complete details, click on this link:
- Many Americans feel that people in Europe are, in most ways, “better” than we Americans. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those. I’ve spent some time in parts of Europe in business dealings, and I find the opposite is true in many cases. Don’t forget, our forefathers left Europe because of the evil of government! Remember this: in all things related to COVID-19, its treatments, and vaccines, the Americans led the way. But those pesky Britts are at it again. A headline on Friday from The Daily Mail says: “The next pandemic is already coming, and it could kill millions more than COVID.” Is that true? For complete details, click on this link:
- Two former FOX News show hosts got together this past week and discussed their interactions with one person. Megyn Kelly had an evening show for years, as did Dan Bongino. In their capacities in the news World, both had multiple interactions with former President Donald Trump. Yesterday, on Megyn’s show, Bongino discussed a telephone conversation he received from Trump — and it was NOT regarding politics! Hear for yourself:
- We find ourselves about to be in the last week of September. Constitutionally, Congress must present a final budget for the next fiscal year by October 1 each year. There are twelve appropriations bills that comprise our budget. Not a single one of these twelve has been put together by House Republicans! Before anyone begins to throw rocks, please understand all of the moving parts in this process that are exhausting and, therefore, extremely difficult to complete. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has found himself in not just one or two but dozens of unresolved issues that all must be resolved to get this budget complete. In the middle of this, White House officials are claiming that the President will veto two of the bills if Republicans pass them with the Senate and they go to his desk for his signature. How difficult is this task for McCarthy, and what remains to be done? For complete details, click on this link: