Believe it or not, there is MORE news than that about Hurricane Ivan. There’s NO doubt that it has devastated southwest Florida and even parts of central Florida as it rampaged Ft. Myers, Naples, and other coastal communities. It also brought horrendous rain that has flooded parts of the Sunshine State that no one thought would happen. But, Floridians are accustomed to hurricanes and their aftermath. Under the guidance of Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida WILL recover.
Meanwhile, the World continues to turn, shocking events continue to occur, and we’ve collected the “other” big stories of the week and put them in bullet points for you to use to catch up on your week. Read the several sentences in each bullet point. If you want more details on any of these stories, click on the blue arrow, which is a hyperlink, and it will take you to a full story where you can get complete details. If you’ve already heard the facts of that story, just skip to the next bullet point.
Have a great weekend!
- No one wants to admit this, but we ARE in a recession. We DID see two consecutive months of falling Gross Domestic Product (GDP) which has ALWAYS been the signal to economists that we are in a recession. Of course, the Biden folks refuse to accept reality on this and numerous other fronts, so their “experts” continue to say our economy is “slowing down.” That is BS and we all know it. By the way, Wall Street knows it, too. And the sell-off of stocks was massive in the month of September. The DOW closed lower than since 2020 when our pandemic started. How bad is it? For complete details, click on this link:
- Uh-Oh: It looks like a new ailment has slipped into our nation — at least in one spot. A large number of people visiting the Grand Canyon and rafting have contracted another virus that apparently is easily transmissible. The CDC is all over it, of course. And, one can be sure there will be some political weaponization of it to scare us all. So far, 222 people have experienced it, all from activities at the Canyon. For complete details, click on this link:
- Experts may be uncertain about a recession, but no one argues that we are in a massive inflation cycle that we’ve not experienced in 40 years. No matter what the economists tell us every month, it always seems things are worse than the information they give us. The best measure of where we are is to watch the Federal Reserve. Their job is to fiddle with lending rates when there’s inflation. And apparently, we’re in for another rash of interest rate increases to pop our inflation balloon. How bad might it be? For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you kept up with the pending piece of legislation that Congress has been debating for some time called the “JCPA?” Its name is “Journalism Competition and Preservation Act.” The controversial legislation would give broadcasters, publishers, and other news producers an antitrust exemption to collectively negotiate with online platform companies like Alphabet and Meta. The bill has faced growing opposition from local news guilds as well as social justice, media advocacy, and digital-rights groups from across the political spectrum. Congressman Jim Jorden (R-OH) is adamantly opposed to this legislation which he says will give Big Tech the continued unfettered right to censor our free speech at will. For complete details, click on this link:
- President Joe Biden continues to fiddle with the fossil fuel energy sector. U.S. oil companies have no way to determine what he is planning to do as it pertains to their goods and products. On one hand, he continues to demonize Big Oil because of the alleged damage it does to our environment. Then, he instructs Big Oil to stop the international distribution of oil and gas products because we need them here. This comes after he personally canceled the XL Pipeline production on his first day as President! Now Oil execs are telling Biden his actions are about to cause Americans even more harm. For complete details, click on this link:
- It appears that one major European nation is examining its election system and are finding some issues in the veracity of its most recent election. It appears that officials have discovered discrepancies in their voting process that appears to have impacted their election results. When many in the U.S. saw similar actions in our 2020 election, Americans who were certain those election results were tainted were told to sit down and shut up! Germany’s government is NOT telling its people to do that. They’re redoing the entire election! For complete details, click on this link:
- One of the most controversial things in the U.S. government is the ability for lawmakers to take advantage of the information they receive while working in the lawmaking process which average Americans do not have. Currently, lawmakers can use such information to trade in the stock market where using that information allows them to make millions. Legislation has been pending for some time to strip that ability from lawmakers by stopping their right to trade stocks and bonds while in office. However, lawmakers on both sides are fighting angry because Speaker Pelosi will NOT allow the legislation to come to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote! For complete details, click on this link:
- Most Americans polled believe that the federal government used Big Tech to censor certain social media posts of conservative individuals and media outlets to impact election results. Of course, Big Tech denies doing so. Guess what: new information proves that the government DID surreptitiously initiate the censoring of such posts, but did so by using a third party! For complete details, click on this link:
- Stacey Abrams, who narrowly lost the governor’s race in Georgia to Brian Kemp, has created a significant media empire by perpetuating the story that Georgia’s minority communities have been cheated in elections because Georgia’s election system is rigged and their votes are not counted properly because of racism. She’s raised millions of dollars by selling that political talking point. But a Georgia judge has put a kink into her pontification on the issue. And it will certainly impact her race for governor this November. For complete details, click on this link:
- Politics is full of blaming others for losses in elections — especially those that the blamer lost! One would never suspect that Obama was one off those “blamers.” In recently revealed documents, Barack Obama blamed Hillary Clinton’s loss to Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential on Hillary herself, Bill, and former FBI Director James Comey for her loss. (The big deal for Obama was Hillary with a win was going to keep Obama’s socialist agenda alive.) But there’s more. For complete details, click on this link: