What did YOU miss this week? I bet you, even as close as you watched the important happenings of the week, you missed some important happenings. But, don’t worry: we have a short synopsis of each of the top ten stories you may have missed in our “Bullet Point” format. Read each synopsis. Then, if you want details and a complete story, click on the link to go straight to a story for details.
Let’s get started!
- VP Joe Biden has remained pretty much in his basement for months, only occasionally coming out for brief moments, none of which included full press conferences in which members of the media have access to drill the presidential candidate with questions just as they do President Trump. Early in the week, the violence ravishing the country forced Joe to come from hiding. He even met with members of the press Friday and chose to answer a few questions.It was later learned, however, that those questions were prepared and provided to handpicked folks to ask. The press was embarrassingly easy on Uncle Joe! For complete details click on this link:
- President Trump slipped in and won Pennsylvania in 2016. That swing state has pretty much been a mainstay for Democrats. But Trump sold the ironworkers and energy company employees on his tax cuts and support for their industries. Pennsylvania is in play again. And Thursday night cars were bumper-to-bumper for ten miles as Pennsylvania voters rushed to a MAGA rally held by the President in Latrobe. For complete details click on this link:
- It’s no secret that Biden has enjoyed a significant lead in most states for most of this election season. Conventional wisdom is that his lead came from a combination of the coronavirus, what the virus has done to the nation economically, and the racial unrest and lawlessness in the streets of major U.S. cities. The mainstream media and a number of Americans feel President Trump has a responsibility — at least in large part — for it all. But it appears that Pennsylvania’s own native son — Joe Biden — has lost that lead he had over Mr. Trump. For complete details, click on this link:
- By now, everyone heard about Nancy Pelosi’s exclusive trip to her hair salon in San Francisco to have her hair “blown out.” It made front-page news and is STILL in headlines across the U.S. and even overseas! Pelosi’s hypocrisy in using her political connection has angered millions of Americans who are forbidden to partake of similar luxuries. And in San Francisco, salons remain closed to customers — including “special” politicians. In all the uproar, even Pelosi’s daughter has injected herself into the conversation by bringing an attorney into the mix to support the House Speaker! For complete details, click on this link:
- People forget that in this current partial-lockdown, churches in most states have been deemed as “non-essential” and have been barred from conducting services. In Nevada, it’s been hypocritical in the eyes of most Americans that casinos have been allowed to reopen with 50% capacity of gamblers. Churches have been restricted to a ridiculous percentage in comparison to casinos. And Nevada citizens are enraged that the governor has not stepped in to aid churches to get back to their service schedules. For complete details click on this link:
- Isn’t it uncanny that a story as denigrating as is the story of President Trump’s alleged cancellation of a trip from Paris to northern France to a World War I cemetery? The trip was to honor WWI heroes. The story is the alleged cancellation was because it was raining and Mr. Trump didn’t want his hair to be messed up. How could such a devastating story escape this media who foam to get dirt on Mr. Trump for four years? Of course, the source of the story reported by The Atlantic “remains anonymous!” For complete details, click on this link:
- “It’s the economy, Stupid!” may not be the valid cries that guide Americans on who to vote for in November. Most Americans think the civil unrest on our streets is THE big problem in the nation that whoever serves in the White House must resolve and do so quickly. For complete details click on this link:
- Most states have marijuana usage laws. It’s usage still violates federal laws. But for the first time, (and while you slept) the U.S. House of Representatives is about to take up consideration of a bill to legalize marijuana. For complete details click on this link:
- Every Labor Day finds avid car shoppers flooding lots looking for those great steals as model year changeovers are about to happen. Finding those steals will NOT be simple this Labor Day. Why? Dealer inventories are low so the normal need to clear lots of current-year models for new inventory is virtually non-existent. But car prices are MUCH higher than normal! Why? For complete details click on this link:
- If you and your friends have gone stir crazy because of the lack of fun things to do because of COVID-19, don’t feel you’re alone. Europeans have found a way to deal with it. How? By NOT dealing with it, ignoring it, heading to Greece, and putting on some of the wildest parties Earth has ever seen! Before you buy your ticket to the Mediterranean, click on this link for complete details:
- Most professional sports leagues have made gambling a no-no for their teams, players, and even some announcers. Of all those sports, the NFL has been the most restrictive. They even put the VooDoo on Tony Romo’s fantasy football convention in Las Vegas! But things, “they are a’ changing.” For complete details click on this link: