It’s hard to believe that we’re one year and two months away from the next election. The conversations, news reports, surveys, insults, and televised candidate debates make it seem like we’re just weeks away! But here’s one important bit of advice: don’t succumb to the temptation to wait until we get close to election day to dig into the facts about every election coming in November 2024. Each election is critical to our nation! Whether local, state, or federal elections coming your way, each is critical. “We The People” MUST take control of our nation back from the politicians and bureaucrats. And the only way we can accomplish that is by voting.
We’ll talk more about election-day mechanics as we turn the calendar in the middle of next year. Until then, keep yourself educated on every person, every policy, and every election topic that impacts you directly and the nation. There’s nothing worse than waiting until election day in the voting booth to learn what people and issues you’re going to vote on.
Until then, let’s use these “Saturday Bullet Point” weekly offerings to keep informed about the hottest topics of each week that will impact our voting decisions next year. That’s the least we can do to take our nation back! Let’s get started!
- CNN published the most recent presidential election poll on Thursday. CNN is NOT the most reliable source for getting fair and accurate information — especially about polling — but we watch them all and keep tabs on the polling “trends.” As part of the “trends,” knowing who the polls are created by and knowing their political biases, we can at least “notch” each as to what they are trending going forward. Ironically, it appears that CNN has slanted this particular poll to make the American voters feel that Nikki Haley is the GOP presidential candidate that (at least at this point) has the greatest opportunity to beat Joe Biden next November. After reading CNN’s story and explanation of their findings, I’m convinced CNN is purposefully steering conservative voters that way! How do I draw that conclusion? For complete details, click on this link:
- Every conservative in the U.S. understands how important U.S. law enforcement is to the foundation of our nation. Holding lawbreakers accountable is mandatory to keep peace at every level of government: local, state, and federal. Why else would our forefathers have crafted the infrastructure to build and maintain a system of law enforcement that would keep every U.S. citizen safe and therefore confident that our laws — ALL of our laws — will be adhered to by all who walk our streets — or else? It defies logic for far-left Democrats to scream their demands to defund the police. Even in the lawless environment plaguing our largest cities, many of the Left continue to rave about police violence, racism among our law enforcement agencies, and “arbitrary enforcement.” One such “defund advocate” was loud in her cries in Minneapolis to totally eliminate the Minneapolis Police and replace it with “social justice warriors” who could “counsel” lawbreakers to “help them work through their issues.” She’s loudly proclaimed that necessity from the day of the death of George Floyd until a few days ago. What happened to change her mind? For complete details, click on this link:
- For at least the last 50 years, the Republican Party was known for its membership being the most wealthy of Americans. Democrats have always told Americans that they represent blue-collar, middle-class America. However, while this system was quietly reallocating resources in large amounts from the GOP to Democrats, Leftist organizations and large donors have quietly created a network of methods to fund their favorite candidates and issues with never-before-seen huge amounts of campaign dollars. In fact, it was recently revealed that one group of Democrat organizations have pooled $500 million that they have earmarked to influence local media outlets for Democrat causes! (I don’t know about you, but that sounds a bit like 2020’s “Zuckerbucks!) For complete details, click on this link:
- A group of very proactive Democrat state and local district attorneys are making a lot of noise about the prosecutions of former President Donald Trump. The latest such incident occurred in Georgia, where one district attorney has charged Donald Trump and seventeen others for various alleged 2020 election infractions. The Fulton County grand jury that brought those indictments included several “unnamed” people who were NOT formally indicted. Obviously, for political purposes, the names of those unindicted were released on Friday. Numbering among them was Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC). He spoke to a news outlet and explained the insanity of these actions that were taken:
- Every Californian can breathe easier now. Their watchdog in Congress for 28 years, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), has determined she is going to run again next year for re-election. Pelosi served as Speaker of the House for 8 years and Leader of the House Caucus for another 20. We don’t need to list all of the borderline illegal activities Pelosi has been caught up in during her time in Congress. Just know this: Congress passed a rule that is titled “The Pelosi Rule” that was put into effect to prohibit House members from taking insider information and using it for personal profiting. Pelosi is known to have enriched her husband and other family members in the tens of millions of dollars by simply being “in the right place at the right time.” Yeah…right! For complete details, click on this link:
- Though this bullet point does not come from U.S. Politics, it comes from a sector of our society that is almost as important: NFL Football! Thursday night, last year’s NFL Super Bowl winner, the Kansas City Chiefs, lost a shocker to one of their biggest rivals by one point. Though football is certainly a team sport. Fans are pummeling one player from Kansas City for virtually single-handedly losing the game. Who was this player, and how did this happen? For complete details, click on this link:
- The Florida spats between Governor Ron DeSantis and the state’s Public School statewide organization are well known. Student testing for national college admission placement has for decades been relegated to ACT and SAT tests. But in today’s cultural revolution, there are certainly a plethora of educators who feel these two tests contain an abundance of “culturally divisive” content. The Governor and the Public School System have reached an agreement on a testing operation that will supposedly eliminate the “cultural issues” from the statewide college testing process. For complete details, click on this link:
- Congress is back in session after a month’s recess. Front and center for both the House and Senate is the annual budget for government spending. And that budget is large, extensive, and full of processes to spend all our tax dollars and more that we borrow. The budget must be passed and signed into law by the end of our fiscal year annually, which is September. Though the House passed a budget, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has kept the budgeting process in the Senate off the floor. Why is he doing it? He and fellow Democrats want to run out the clock and force Republicans to agree to a Continuing Resolution instead of a full budget. What does that accomplish? Such a resolution functions as nothing more than a “blank check” that allows the government to spend money in “unspecified” ways up to a certain amount. And how and where that money is spent is determined during each year. Republicans have made clear they will NOT agree to this process. And if no agreement is reached by September 30, our government could “technically” default in paying our bills because we ran out of money! Congressman Byron Donald (R-FL) explained what is going on with this process and why:
- It’s one thing to disagree with fellow family members. It’s another to disagree with Moms and Dads, Brothers and Sisters so vehemently that you shoot and kill them all. That’s exactly what happened in Alabama. An eighteen-year-old Mason Sisk shot and killed his parents and siblings, for which he was sentenced to life in prison. What reason could a teenager have that would result in such a horrendous outcome? For complete details, click on this link:
- This war between Ukraine and Russia has been raging for too long. It’s SO controversial and SO divisive! Most Americans are still trying to understand why the U.S. has so much money invested in a war that does not directly impact us. It’s true that we have not “formally” sent troops actually to fight against Russia. However, information has slipped out that shows we HAVE sent members of our military who are fighting the Russians. That, of course, encourages Russia to continue its surreptitious undermining of the United States across the Globe. Now, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, in his surprise trip to Ukraine this week, announced another billion-dollar gift from the U.S. and confirmed our “previous” promise for more to help in Ukraine’s climate change issues — $520 million! Think about this: the U.S. spends in one day more in aid for Ukraine than it has committed for all of the issues in Maui, Hawaii. Does that make sense to you? For complete details, click on this link: