Could there be anymore appropriate bullet points than those which deal with the Mueller/FBI/Comey/Clinton/Flynn debacles currently playing out? Is the U.S. becoming a “Banana Republic? Let’s get started.
- It was revealed that a top FBI investigation agent was reassigned. The agent, Peter Strzok, was considered one of the most experienced and trusted F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators. He helped lead the investigation into whether Hillary Clinton had mishandled classified information on her private email server, and then played a major role in the investigation into links between President Trump’s campaign and Russia. Agent Strzok was the agent who led the FBI interview with Hillary. He edited the Comey press conference speech draft that originally accused Clinton with mishandling of confidential information on her server as “grossly negligent” which WAS criminal, to “extremely careless,” which is not actionable criminally. Strzok led the investigation into classified emails on Huma Abedin’s laptop. No action was taken. It is reported that Strzok was also responsible for the FBI investigation of the fake anti-Trump Russian dossier. He also made a surprise visit to the White House to interview Michael Flynn that apparently resulted in Flynn’s indictment. It is notable that apparently Flynn spoke with Strzok and another agent during that meeting without an attorney present. Reportedly Flynn was not read his rights at that meeting.
- Reports of Mueller’s investigative team being die-hard Hillary Clinton supporters in the wake of Strzok’s removal based on Clinton bias has brought to light Mueller investigators’ 2016 presidential election campaign contributions: James Quarles — $30,050; Jeannie Rhee — $9,150; Andrew Weissman — $4,300; Greg Andres — $3,700; Andrew Goldstein — $3,300; Elizabeth Prelogar — $500; Brandon Van Grack — $486.77; Rush Atkinson — $200. All these donations were to Hillary’s campaign — none to the Trump campaign.
- Katherine Harris of FOX News reported today that Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe is the FBI official that Congress so desperately wants to interview about that dossier. McCabe is scheduled to testify later this week, but has let leak he probably will not show to testify before Congress.
- Friday, December 1st, ABC’s Brian Ross broke into midday programming to report that Michael Flynn had agreed to give Mueller evidence that during the campaign, Donald Trump told him to speak to Russians about political issues. That would be collusion and illegal. The stock market tanked on that news. Later that day facts appeared that countered the Ross story in that Flynn was ordered to visit with Russians, but not during the campaign. His Russian conversations were after the election and before the inauguration. All elected presidents during their administration transition speak to multiple country leaders preparing foreign policy operations. ABC apologized the next day and announced a 30-day suspension of Ross. It is notable that multiple similar incidents occurred previously in which Ross broadcast news reports that were factually untrue.
- Mueller’s chief investigator Andrew Weissmann has at best a speckled past. During the Enron federal investigation, it was Weissman who brought an obstruction of justice charge against the Enron accounting firm Arthur Anderson. That obstruction of justice charge and conviction eventually put the accounting firm out of business which cost tens of thousands of employees their jobs. The U.S. Supreme Court overturned that obstruction of justice conviction by a unanimous vote of 9-0 which is seldom heard of. Additionally a similar charge against Merrill Lynch in the investigation sent dozens of people to jail. Those were also overturned by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. Weissmann has been accused by witnesses of severe intimidation, creating fake evidence, hiding evidence from defense attorneys, and prosecuting for crimes that did not exist.
- The U.S. Senate passed their version of Tax Reform with no Democrat votes and all but one Republican voting “yes.” That GOP no vote was cast by Bob Corker (R-TN). There are differences between the Senate bill and the House bill in seven separate areas. Senators and House members feel certain in Conference they will be able to hammer out the differences during the next week and have a bill on the President’s desk to sign into law by January 1.
There are so many things happening with all of these issues it becomes clearer every day what Candidate Trump meant when he created the catch phrase: “Drain the Swamp.” Few if any in America had any idea of how deep, nasty, and corrupt the political swamp in Washington D.C. really is. I am certain the President and those senior officials in his administration are in lock step in their commitment to do everything it takes to begin what probably will be a long, slow process to right the ship of America.
While we watch this soap opera play out, keep this in mind: what would be happening today — one year after the election — if Hillary Clinton was President?
- There would be no tax reform bill in process;
- James Comey would be the FBI Director;
- We would have a new Supreme Court Justice that would be farther left liberal in every way than Trump SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch;
- We would not have 2 million new jobs in the U.S.;
- We would have seen rising interest rates and inflation;
- The stock market would have probably been flat if not significantly lower because of no good economic news;
- U.S. debt would have increased by $2-$5 Trillion dollars;
- Obamacare premiums would have doubled nationwide purposefully to usher in single payer healthcare;
- The Iran multi-billion dollar payoff would be unknown because of a cover-up;
- Federal regulations would have exploded instead of being significantly reduced and would have stifled American business operations further;
- The U.S. would be far along the road to see its government turn the nation into a “Banana Republic.”
“Banana Republic: a banana republic is a country that has a society of stratified social classes, usually a great, poor working class and a ruling-class plutocracy, composed of the business, political and military elites of that society.”
And the plot thickens! Stay tuned….