So what’s life looking like for you in the Biden presidency? Are you enjoying the way he’s single-handedly running the U.S.? Forty-four Executive Orders and counting and a walloping massive cut of jobs for Americans, an energy policy that has, in just 11 days, driven the price of gasoline skyrocketing up fifty cents a gallon, and he has proven he’s a liar already by awarding a quarter of a billion dollar contract to a foreign company for services available from several American companies. He promised on his watch he’d “Build Back Better.” Yeah, right.
It’s “Biden Land” for sure now. And he’s just gotten started!
Biden’s “Destroy American Jobs” Energy Policy
Joe started off with a bang on Day One.
- He canceled the federal permit for the XL Pipeline Project that immediately killed 11,000 American jobs.
- He announced the cancellation of any new oil or natural gas wells on federal lands which immediately put the state of New Mexico in a financial tailspin along with several other Western States. The entire New Mexico public school system looks to federal oil and gas royalties for direct funding of 60% of the system’s cost without which officials say will immediately shut down public school operations.
- Joe terminated the ongoing building of the wall at our southern border. Yes, he promised while campaigning to do so. But he cost the nation billions by terminating construction immediately with no planning or preparations for all those whose lives were instantly altered by his unilateral executive action. How so? Millions of dollars in building materials and machinery now lie idly in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California that can no longer be used. The equipment amassed along the border that the federal government purchased are worthless. Hundreds of permanent jobs were canceled immediately. And the feds won’t reveal the nature of the numerous contracts between the government and private companies for building the wall. American taxpayers will either pay huge contract cancellation penalties or face years of lawsuits with those private companies, several of which will certainly shutter operations and put more Americans in unemployment lines.
- Each day, details of the hundreds appointed to serve in the Biden Administration are exposed as being “quid pro quo” hires for President Biden. The $40 million Russia Collusion hoax investigation during Biden and Obama’s final year in office has become the hunting ground for Biden Administration top level managers. After all, evidence proved Biden and Obama both were in on the details of the fake investigation. Add to those appointees and hires the multiple Trump and Conservative haters and an attorney to head the DOJ Civil Rights Division that publicly has blamed police in the U.S. calling them the most dangerous national security threat in the nation. Then there’s the partner of the lawyer who Hunter Biden hired to represent him in his money laundering investigation by the FBI who Joe just “happened” to name as a federal prosecutor. We’re certainly not done yet. New names with their seriously speckled partisan political agendas are being revealed daily.
- None of the above can outdo Biden’s first big “in-your-face” to those American companies he built his “Build Back Better” campaign slogan around. Joe thumbed his nose at the numerous American pharmaceutical companies for a federal contract to provide rapid in-home COVID-19 tests and gave the $230 million contract to an Australian Company: Ellume. In doing so, Biden proved that ALL of his campaign promises were nothing more than payback to all those who had stayed faithful to Joe and Barack.
We promised we would every week update Biden’s list of lies, misrepresentation, and any evil or questionable actions taken as President. Obviously, he is keeping us busy through Monday. Sadly for us all, it’s pretty certain we’ll be telling you more and more unbelievable and unexplainable nose-thumbing Uncle Joe has been and apparently will continue to do to us all.
There’s no one who can better explain exactly what America faces with this unilateral form of government we have with a Democrat House, Senate, and White House. He is an American conservative commentator, classicist, and military historian. He has been a commentator on modern and ancient warfare and contemporary politics for National Review, The Washington Times and other media outlets.
Hanson is a professor emeritus of Classics at California State University, Fresno, the Martin and Illie Anderson Senior Fellow in classics and military history at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, and visiting professor at Hillsdale College. Hanson was awarded the National Humanities Medal in 2007 by President George W. Bush, and was a presidential appointee in 2007–2008 on the American Battle Monuments Commission.
I’m certain he’s qualified to speak to all of us! Listen to his “take” on what we’re facing today.
Victor David Hanson
The new AT age, as in “After Trump,” began on either Election Day, Nov. 3, or on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20. But either way, reality as we had known it for four years has been abruptly reinvented. Pfizer had hinted that a vaccine could be ready in late October. Then, mysteriously, it wasn’t. Then, stranger still, it appeared — a few days after Election Day.
Suddenly, after Joe Biden’s inauguration, Illinois, Michigan, and other blue states eased some of their lockdown restrictions to get their economies back on track despite little change in COVID-19 rates. During the Trump Age, the president was supposedly responsible for every death from COVID-19. Now, the media reports that career scientists and health administrators in the federal government, especially at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, were largely to blame for past slow testing and were tardy and lax in apprising the nation of the infectious threat.
The Biden campaign’s widely reported promises of a new, superior COVID-19 plan turned out to be more of the same old, same old from the Trump Age. Biden did mandate the wearing of masks on all federal property. But he then immediately undermined his own order during the first few hours on the job by going mask-less during a photo op at the Lincoln Memorial.
Stranger still, President Biden announced during his first few hours in office: “There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.” For the first time, we now learn that there is “nothing” Biden can do about COVID-19?
Despite millions of vaccine doses being produced when he entered office, Biden went on to warn that many more Americans will die in the next few months — more than 600,000 COVID-19 fatalities in total. The watchdog media just shrugged. Coincidentally, after weeks of disastrous state incompetence in getting residents vaccinated, Amazon has told the new administration that it will lend its infrastructure and organization to speed up vaccinations.
If Amazon could announce that in late January, why not weeks earlier?
Speaking of Amazon, it is opposing mail-in ballots for its own employees voting on whether to unionize a warehouse in Alabama. Amazon says it’s worried about fraud. Yet Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos also owns the Washington Post, which ridiculed those who were concerned about massive mail-in voting in the 2020 election.