What a week! The Democrats tried hard to show America that Joe Biden is a worthy candidate to run against the incumbent, President Donald Trump. Was the Democrat National Convention (that was only online) a success? Was Joe Biden shown to be a coherent, logical thinker? Did he share his plan for America? If so, was his plan sufficient to make voters choose him over the President?
Besides the Democrat convention, other things were happening in the nation that are important. Did you miss any? Don’t worry: we have the highlights of the week for you here. Here are headlines from the ten hottest stories of the week. After you read the headline and you still want details of any story, click on the arrow and go directly to an account with complete information. Let’s get started?
- Former First Lady spoke at the Democrat Convention in a pre-recorded video. In her address, she painted President Trump as a man without any semblance of good. In doing so, she neglected the tremendous benefits the policies put in place by the Trump Administration have given to members of the African American and other minority communities. One non-partisan expert weighed in on Michelle Obama’s speech. For complete details, click on this link:
- Hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico are pretty common. We’re in the 2020 hurricane season. There are hurricanes that have already attacked the U.S. But there’s something new coming up in the Gulf of Mexico: apparently two hurricanes are headed to the Gulf — AT THE SAME TIME! For complete details, click on this link:
- There’s a big U.S. Senate race afoot in Massachusetts. It’s a big deal primarily because there’s a Kennedy from the famous Kennedy family who is taking on an entrenched incumbent. And House Speaker Pelosi has come out and endorsed the Kennedy family member in his race against Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA). For complete details, click on this link:
- Ghislane Maxwell — Epstein’s “woman”– just recently completed an in-depth deposition in which she apparently named names and details of contact between young women and high-level political individuals. Her lawyers have asked an attorney to keep details secret! Why? The lawyers say if details become public, their client will NOT receive a fair trail! For complete details, click on this link:
- Facebook (according to “anonymous” sources within the company) have diligently been working on plans of how the social platform will respond if President Trump refuses to accept the results of the November election! I don’t remember hearing any plans implemented after the 2016 election when Hillary began (and continues to this day) to claim that “Russians put Trump in office.” This is a crazy one, folks! For complete details, click on this link:
- It will be interesting to see if Democrats will allow Joe Biden to campaign to the hard left, (Green New Deal, Single-payer healthcare, free college, open borders, huge tax increases, etc.) but in his nomination acceptance speech expect his party to forget his commitments to the far-left crowd and just accept the fact that even though he’s lying to one part of the party, he’s still the right choice. That’s what he’s doing! For complete details, click on this link:
- It’s going to see how the restrictive COVID-19 California government handle the rash of deadly forest fires that are raging already and are certain to increase in number. Governor Gavin Newsom may have to release some of restrictions for firefighters to do their jobs. Those who spends days and weeks out in the forests fighting these wildfires cannot realistically adhere to social distancing requirements nor to face-covering rules. Do you think Newsom will be sending out fine notifications? For complete details, click on this link:
- A former Army Green Beret has been charged with being a Russian agent and has been passing along classified information to Russia for several decades. The Russian intelligence agencies worked so closely with him they gave him his own intelligence name. For complete details, click on this link:
- There’s trouble brewing between the nation of Venezuela and the U.S. Venezuela Strongman Maduro refuses to allow American citizens who are in Venezuela to leave to return to the U.S. The number of Americans who are stuck in the horrors of Venezuela struggle to find some way to leave the country. For complete details, click on this link:
- One would think that in the bleak portrayal of the United States by the Left in the midst of our COVID-19 pandemic that NO ONE would even think about buying a home. But it appears that plenty either disagree with the “sky is falling” narrative that’s being banged into their heads by the media — enough so to see home sales spike 24.7% in June-July sales! For complete details, click on this link: