It’s impossible to see or hear every important news story released: there are just too many. But WE do. Today we look back at this past week and grab the biggest stories of events that you may have missed totally or at least some details. We’ve put them in bullet point format so you can go into your weekend scanning these bullet points and accessing through them details of stories you may have missed.
Check out each bullet point. They begin with a few sentences explaining such an event’s details. If you want complete information, click on that blue arrow in a circle at the end of that description. That will take you to a whole story with full details. Skip to the next bullet point if you already know about the story topics or don’t want more information.
It’s a great way to leisurely begin your weekend while digging into the important happenings of the last week.
Let’s get started!
- Weren’t we told for an entire year, “If we social distance, wear masks, and don’t congregate in large crowds, we’ll make it to the point COVID-19 vaccines are available. Then, when we all get vaccinated, we will have kicked COVID’s butt!” That’s what I heard from Dr. Anthony Fauci over and over. We did what we were told in the masking and social distancing. Then, Fauci told us to “shut down for a month, and we’ll be through this thing.” We did, and people kept getting sick and dying. But Trump’s team got the vaccines to the FDA for emergency use authorization, 200 million Americans have been vaccinated. In record numbers, people are still getting sick; fully vaccinated people are getting COVID-19. They are STILL transmitting COVID-19 to others! One would think someone would have told Fauci to sit down and shut up. But he’s STILL this President’s go-to “guy” on all things COVID-19. But Fauci’s still not done. He’s made some nasty predictions for the upcoming several months. And these are worse than any he previously told us about. For complete details, click on this link:
- The most incorrigible member of the U.S. House of Representatives MUST be Adam Schiff. He hates Donald Trump and all who are tied to the former President in any way. Schiff’s hatred is so deep and consuming that he obsesses about Trump around the clock. Even though Trump’s gone, Schiff daily brings up some damning “news” about the former President. Schiff is known for leading the two impeachment attempts against Donald Trump. He was caught modifying evidence to frame Trump’s former chief of staff and call for his arrest for failing to appear to testify before the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 incidents on Capitol Hill. For complete details, click on this link:
- Biden’s massive spending bill — the largest in U.S. history — is full of multiple huge giveaways to various social justice causes that do not apply to most Americans. Democrats have incessantly lied about its contents and its cost. They told Americans from the beginning it’s a “$1.7 trillion package.” And, even worse, they continue to make claims that massive spending will NOT cost Americans who make less than $400,000 annually a dime in added taxes! But, buried deep within the bill is an amnesty provision for millions of illegal immigrants who are currently inside our country. The GOP has tagged that provision as unAmerican and borders on unconstitutionality. But those Dems got some bad news about that provision in the bill. It cannot be included! For complete details, click on this link:
- Americans watched in horror as the Palestinians lobbed thousands of missiles across the border into Israel this past year. Fortunately, the Israeli’s have a system they call the “Iron Dome” to protect them from such missiles. The Iron Dome is comprised of a network of missiles that are programmed to destroy in the air ALL incoming aircraft and/or missiles when the dome is activated. They exhausted several thousand of the rockets from within the Iron Dome. And bill before Congress to replenish those missiles for Israel has failed several times in the Senate. You will never believe which Senator has stopped its passage and just did it again for the 4th time. Who is it? For complete details, click on this link:
- We all heard President Biden’s warnings on Friday about the impending COVID-19 gloom and doom we can expect over the next month or so. His warning promises we are facing a massive number of daily infections of the new COVID-19 Omicron strain, resulting in thousands of deaths, even before Christmas. He’s warning Americans to stay inside and not participate in large groups for Christmas and New Years’ festivities. If we’re patriotic Americans, the President feels we should all be willing to sacrifice some time with others to keep them safe while keeping us safe. If you believe in his prophecy, that might be important to consider. But if you are a realist, you probably question that Biden has any clue about what he said. Most feel the President should be ready and leading his staff into this “Omi-pandemic” by staying at the White House through the next month or so to be prepared to make critical COVID-19 decisions. But that’s not the case. For complete details, click on this link:
- Say what you will about former President Trump, but he, economically, initiated numerous changes that positively impacted ALL Americans — in many cases dramatically for the better! However, this President, in eleven short months, has done a u-turn from Trump’s effective economic policies and led us into the “Bidenflation World.” Despite the significant wage growth for most Americans after Trump’s task cuts, Bidenflation has eaten up all those gains plus more! It’s middle-class Americans who are paying the price for the ridiculous policies initiated by Joe Biden. How bad is inflation hurting these Americans? For complete details, click on this link:
- Biden’s vaccine mandate for companies with 100 or more employees was stayed. But Friday, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that it can remain in place while litigation continues. Indeed, this case (and the other pending vaccine mandate cases) will end up very soon at the U.S. Supreme Court, where a final resolution is expected to be given. Until then, this impacts millions of American workers. And in this COVID-19 madness in which fear has overtaken most of the nation, having workers losing jobs in massive numbers for their NOT agreeing to be vaccinated will indeed create more egregious circumstances for all those involved. For more and complete details, click on this link:
- In this COVID-Insanity, where does one go to get away from the oppressive lockdown and all the mandates? It seems as if every “nice” place to go for pretty much anything is locked down in total, or at least partially. And most have at least some type of mask mandate, if not a vaccination mandate. It may surprise you to know that there are places that are thriving in an environment in which they’ve chosen to ignore ALL the craziness of this pandemic and get along with life. And they’re making a fortune! For complete details, click on this link:
- The day Joe Biden was elected President, we paid $1.65/gallon for gasoline. You could have made a fortune if that day you had placed a bet in Vegas that, less than a year later, gas per gallon at the pump would cost $3.00+. And some bookie at MGM Grand would have booked that bet, too! The “optimists” among us are quick to point out this is all a product of evil oil companies trying to use politics to enrich themselves. Honestly, “Bidenflation” has hit EVERY industry, especially the fossil fuel industry. Costs to get oil and gas out of the ground, refined, and to markets has almost doubled — thanks in part to President Joe Biden. Don’t get stuck on that $3.00/gallon number. Why? We may be very soon looking at oil selling at $100 per barrel. For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you paid attention to the “snatch-and-grab” thievery happening with frequency across the U.S., primarily in our major cities? Millions of dollars worth of goods have been stolen. Only this past week did we learn that these “gangs” are put together online! Anonymously, people coordinate when, where, and who will be involved in these robberies. Often, no one in these crews knows their fellow perpetrators. And in the Bay Area, elderly Asian women have become targets for these criminals. Why the concentration on these targets? For complete details, click on this link:
- When Democrats took control of the U.S. House of Representatives, no one thought there was even a remote chance Nancy Pelosi would NOT be the House Speaker for as long as Dems were in charge. Remember: it shocked everyone when she struggled to keep her leadership in the 2018 midterms. But she prevailed and she has driven the legislative narrative from the hard left ever since. But, going into the 2022 midterms, it looks like Nancy will not even have a shot to repeat as Speaker. Why? Almost daily now, another House Democrat announces they are NOT running for re-election next year! And the GOP is looking more and more like to regain control of the House once more. For complete details, click on this link: