Boy, this past week was a doozie! Just when you think we’d seen it all, here comes a frigid Arctic storm that sent temperatures in the South to North Pole levels. In fact, in Austin, Texas, the low-temperature Tuesday of this past week was lower than the low in Juneau, Alaska! Figure that one out. But one thing that did not change was the difficulty in ferreting the truth from the bizarre political events that get crazier each day. This week did not disappoint. We get to the top such events in today’s Bullet Points.
Take a look at each bullet point below. They each begin with a short description of a news story. If you want complete details on what the highlights describe, click on the blue “swoosh” and go to a full story. If you’ve already seen the details of the full story, just skip to the next one.
It’s a great way to begin each weekend. Grab a cup of coffee and forget about the newspaper. Relax and catch up on the week in our Saturday Bullet Points!
- We haven’t heard much about the investigations in the Capitol craziness from January 6th. We have heard that authorities have identified about 200 “persons of interest” identified for wrongdoing that day through face recognition software. There have been several arrests mentioned, but almost all came with few or no details. But what we DID hear on Friday was 35 Capitol Police have been temporarily suspended while being investigated. For complete details, click on this link:
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has been under constant fire for his role in the deaths of many senior New Yorkers from COVID-19 during the pandemic. His problem is a policy that he unilaterally implemented that demanded any senior taken from a senior residence center to a hospital where if/when tested positive for COVID-19 MUST be immediately returned to the facility from which they came. That needlessly infected thousands of others in that senior center, many of which died. Cuomo’s is in deep trouble! He’s now got Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gunning for him. For complete details, click on this link:
- Most people know that Governor Cuomo’s brother is an anchor at CNN: Chris Cuomo. In the critical arctic storm aftermath in Texas, many state and local politicians are under fire there for not preparing Texans for the storm results. Chris Cuomo on-air at CNN has not even mentioned the problems allegedly at his brother’s hands in New York. But what Chris did was make fun of a Texas mayor who resigned over the uproar in his city about the severe issues for his constituents during the Texas freeze. Chris is now under the gun himself for snide remarks on-air about that mayor while ignoring his brother’s debacle in New York. For complete details, click on this link:
- ANTIFA thugs have continuously ripped apart the downtown sections in Portland, Oregon, with rioting and looting for the past year or so. They’ve destroyed buildings, caused businesses to shutter, attacked individuals, and even invaded homes. Police in Portland have done little to stop the continuation of ANTIFA violence. But the state nor the city have taken any steps to designate ANTIFA as a specific entity to be labeled. The state of Montana is not waiting for ANTIFA to come its way with destruction. Their legislature has taken preemptive steps. For complete details, click on this link:
- It is uncontroverted there were problems in not just the actual election process on November 3, 2020, but also in the vote compilation process in multiple states. We’ll probably never know what the real voting picture was in that election. We haven’t heard of any massive election reform measures at the state level — until today. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has presented to his legislature plans to investigate and overhaul parts of their election process that are suspect. For complete details, click on this link:
- There are many expectations for many government changes initiated by the Biden Administration. Most of Joe Biden’s campaign promises were simple: “let’s undo every Trump executive order and let’s remove all of the conservative-backed pieces of legislation and replace with Democrat versions. That process has begun in earnest. But there’s one underway that we just uncovered: a plan for banks to refuse banking services to the enemies of Democrats! For complete details, click on this link:
- It didn’t take long for Joe Biden to fulfill another of his promises: The United States is now back in the Paris Climate Accords. President Trump withdrew our nation from that international agreement that accomplished very little for us while mandating that U.S. tax dollars in the hundreds of billions over the next decade-plus into the Accords while being demanded to take climate actions that will cost billions more. That while China — the largest polluter by far in the Accords — pays only a fraction of the U.S. number and does not have to perform on the reduction of their environmental issues for ten years. For complete details, click on this link:
- First, it was Al Gore; then it was John Kerry. Each became climate-change specialists for reasons no one can explain: neither are scientists, neither know anything about our climate and certainly neither have no idea about what and how humans can even impact Earth’s environment, even if that’s possible! And now that John Kerry is back in the saddle in the Biden Administration, he’s informed us that we only have nine years before the end of the world because of climate change. For complete details, click on this link:
- FINALLY: some good news regarding COVID-19 cases. Apparently, the numbers of cases across the nation are steadily declining over the past month or so. But the CNN news model is this: “Never let any good news destroy a good news story.” And that exact thing has happened. CNN issued a warning to Americans that the COVID-19 good news really is NOT good news. For complete details, click on this link:
- Maybe we finally have some excellent instructions on how to fix all the ailments in our Country. We just thought things were improving significantly during the Trump Administration. If one listens to all those “experts” on the left, things are not only “not so good,” they’re terrible. Maybe we should start fixing our problems by first doing something to put us on the right road: ignore all the left tell us! For complete details, click on this link:
- Moving the nation to a totally non-fossil fuel energy system certainly sounds good. Oh, doing so would put millions of workers out of jobs, but just think of the great things it will do for our environment! Wait a minute: didn’t Texas and other southern states get in trouble during this deep freeze in part because wind turbines froze and solar panels don’t produce energy from sunlight? Neither has been fruitful in these states the last week or so. Maybe we should just accept facts and change our plans to make the use of fossil fuels even more efficient, and maybe add some more nuclear power plants. For complete details, click on this link: