It’s Saturday again. It’s cold and wet in northwest Louisiana. That makes it a perfect day to heat up the cocoa, light the fire, and spend a little time catching up on the week’s news.
In our “Bullet Point” offering every Saturday, we re-address the biggest stories of the week for you, many of which you may have missed. The process is simple: read a few sentences in each bullet point that describe what’s in each event story. If you want more details about that story, click on the blue “swoosh” arrow, and it will take you to the full story. If you’ve already read a story about the specific bullet-point topic, move on to the next one.
Relax this morning: you deserve it! Catch up on things you may have overlooked. And in this political environment, though tempted to worry and fret, don’t give in to the temptation of fear. Worry does no one any good.
By the way: If you missed yesterday’s “TNN Live” Streaming show, you can grab it to listen to today. A direct link to it is immediately below today’s “Bullet Points.” Feel free to listen, download, and even share as you like. Of course, there’s no cost.
- Joe Biden’s first day as President was a big one — and not a really good one. Why? He signed a satchel full of executive orders. Of course, we heard from the White House media folks that “President Biden took executive action which was desperately needed to undo multiple policies of the Trump Administration that harmed the American people and cost taxpayers tens of millions of dollars.” We looked at all of them and not one we could find fit THEIR description. But what we DID discover that, in total, Biden’s EO’s will destroy almost immediately 70,000 jobs. For complete details, click on this link:
- Everyone now knows 25,000 National Guard members were called to Washington D.C. because of “credible evidence” from the Intelligence Community that, on Inauguration Day, there were planned demonstrations and rioting by extremists that were not only coming to D.C., but to every one of the 50 state capitals. Everyone now also knows there was NO violence in D.C. nor in any of those state capitals. But the National Guard members as of yesterday were still on assignment in Washington. And they were being forced to sleep on concrete floors in a parking garage! For complete details, click on this link:
- Republicans in the 2020 campaign warned Americans that if the GOP lost majority control in the Senate, a Schumer-led Democrat majority would pack the courts — including the Supreme Court — and end the filibuster, which has been the only way the minority party has any say-so in legislation. Schumer initially indicated to Minority Leader Mitch McConnell that he would NOT end the filibuster. But now, things are looking a little different. For complete details, click on this link:
- Day One as President turned out to a hard day for Mr. Biden. After all, he is the oldest person to ever be sworn into office as POTUS. But he made it clear to all during the campaign that he was ready and fit for the job. But his responses to Day One events seem to have proven otherwise. For complete details, click on this link:
- Don’t get angry at the story you will see if you click the link here. Joe Biden enters the White House certainly facing some serious challenges. Of course, he’s ready to accept the challenges, he maintains. I think, however, once you read what TIME had to say about the “stuff” Trump left for Biden, you’re going to disagree a bit. For complete details, click on this link:
- Did you see the streets of Washington D.C. during the Biden Inauguration? Most expected there would massive crowds lined up along the presidential motorcade route pressing forward to get a glimpse at the new President. However, nobody was there! That’s a bit of an overstatement. But in the context of “normal” inaugurations, there was nobody there! However, there were 25,000 “extra” National Guard members in town to keep Mr. Biden safe. I think that picture illustrates Democrats to be a bit paranoid. For complete details, click on this link:
- It appears that a bunch of Americans who voted for Biden based on some of his promises are already disappointed. If not now, it appears they’re in for some sadness. Biden’s appeal to all for unity in the nation has already fallen apart. He’s already begun breaking his promises. For complete details, click on this link:
- EVERY conservative American — at least every female conservative American — were aghast at the four years of the Trumps in the White House because of the egregious treatment of the First Lady by the media. Melania Trump is undoubtedly in the top several of former first ladies when it comes to grace, beauty, attitude, and certainly her fashion statements. She deserved much better from the American press. For complete details, click on this link:
- Former President Obama famously denied there was any violence in the northwest or midwest as the cities of Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, and Chicago were racked with demonstrations, riots, looting, and a bunch of destruction of private and public property. Biden, while campaigning, simply ignored the ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter devastation. Friday, Iowa U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley urged Biden to speak to the CURRENT such attacks going on in Portland and Seattle. Biden has so far been silent. For complete details, click on this link:
- California has been especially hard-hit by COVID-19. Many healthcare officials feel California’s massive number of cases are due, at least in part, to the sinister statewide lockdown mandates issued by Governor Gavin Newsom. But two huge counties in the state are impacted with almost opposite results in handling the pandemic. And they’re right next door to each other. What could be making the difference? For the answers and more details, click on this link:
- Speaking of California, its colorful “Playboy” Governor — Gavin Newsom — has apparently been “playing” on the side, making some big bucks for someone: the Chinese. He purposely kept from sight a massive contract he negotiated and signed with a Chinese company — a $1 Billion contract. Many Californians are questioning the deal and are now even concerned about possible shenanigans by the governor. For complete details, click on this link: