It’s Saturday again! It’s cold and wet in northwest Louisiana. That makes it a perfect day to heat up the cocoa, light the fire, and spend a little time catching up on the week’s news.
In our “Bullet Point” offering every Saturday, we re-address the biggest stories of the week for you, many of which you may have missed. The process is simple: read a few sentences in each bullet point that describe what’s in each event story. If you want more details about that story, click on the blue “swoosh” arrow, and it will take you to the full story. If you’ve already read a story about the specific bullet-point topic, move on to the next one.
Relax this morning: you deserve it! Catch up on things you may have overlooked. And in this political environment, though tempted to worry and fret, don’t give in to the temptation of fear. Worry does no one any good. When a teenager, I had a Sunday School teacher who addressed fear this way: “Instead of living in fear about something, just ask this question: What difference will it make in 100 years?” It will probably help you deal with the noise and uncertainty of things we see and hear if you think that through. One thing’s for certain: you’ll learn a few things.
- Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) ran against President Trump and other Republicans for the GOP nomination for President in 2016. You may remember that the Senator had very little to say about Mr. Trump that was positive during the campaign. In fact, Graham was often downright ugly. But, after the 2016 election, Sen. Graham became “best buddies” with President Trump. But their chumminess came to a screeching “Whoa!” in the aftermath of the violence on Capitol Hill on Wednesday of this past week. Graham ranted on the House floor about Trump “inciting the violence.” To Graham’s credit, though, when the cries and threats by Democrats of a second impeachment of President Trump, Senator Graham advised Dems doing so would be a huge mistake. For complete details, click on this link:
- In the aftermath of the run on the Capitol on January 6th, the Mainstream Media and the Democrats have excoriated not just President Trump, (as if he told the crowd to do what they did) they also lashed out then and continue now to includeTrump supporters. Many of those who attended the rallies in D.C. and others from around the country say that the fingerpointing from the Left is unfair and circumstances are mischaracterized. For complete details, click on this link:
- It’s a fact that control of the federal government is changing: Biden taking the Democrat Party back to the White House, and Georgia apparently taking control of the Senate to the Dems. But some say this control just might be short-lived. For complete details, click on this link:
- Nancy Pelosi has made it clear: she wants Donald Trump GONE! And not just when his term expires on January 20th. She wants him gone today! In fact, she has made it clear she wants the 25th Amendment used by VP Pence and the President’s cabinet. But experts say that cannot be done. Why? It’s unconstitutional. For complete details, click on this link:
- 2021-22 is going to see a race that’s a bit unusual in the United States. There’s going to be a fight to see which U.S. company sees its value cross the 1 Trillion dollar mark in value? Who will it be that crosses the line first: Microsoft, Amazon, ABC (Google’s parent company), or Tesla. The inside track on the race is today owned by Tesla. Guess how much Elon Musk’s company is worth today? Click on this link for complete details:
- Most Americans feel that those who aspire and then achieve finding their way into Congress means a person has risen to the top in respect, acceptance, and economic heights that just a rare few can claim — especially winning a U.S. Senate seat. But one U.S. Senator discovered that winning a U.S. Senate seat doesn’t necessarily mean the winner will receive instant acceptance from many in America. That applies especially when that Senator is a Republican and is also an ardent supporter of Donald Trump. Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) found that out the hard way when he received a phone call from his book publisher. For complete details, click on this link:
- By now, you know that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has ordered the suspension of President Trump’s Facebook account indefinitely. For what reason? Apparently, the Facebook algorithm disagrees with the content of the majority of the President’s posts. The Big Tech social media giants that include Facebook, Twitter, Google (YouTube), Instagram, and even WhatsApp have been weaponized by their bosses to go after conservatives. The latest victim of Facebook is the FB page “WalkAway.” You will not believe what Zuckerberg & Company have done to the page that boasts half a million followers. For complete details, click on this link:
- It’s hard to get away from reporting on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s egregious actions to almost totally center on her hatred for Donald Trump. She has actually been in consultation with an American general regarding the details of America’s “Nuclear Football!” For complete details, click on this link:
- Mainstream Media has demeaned the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol on Wednesday. The threats from the MSM and Democrats against those from the MAGA community who participated are mind-boggling! I have been sickened at the media’s false comparisons that claim none of the Summer “peaceful demonstrations” conducted by Black Lives Matter and ANTIFA were violent. They are even saying that is not only a joke, but it’s also an insult to every American. They claim (and maintain) that none of the BLM and ANTIFA adherents would dream of doing anything as vile as the MAGA crew did Wednesday. But guess what? BLM and ANTIFA were there! For complete details, click on this link:
- All the Media have proclaimed that Joe Biden won the election, Jon Ossof and Raphael Warnock won both U.S. Senate seats in Georgia. There should be NO question about the legitimacy of any state’s election process. Why? Because FOX News and the Associated Press confirmed those victories! Therefore it’s is uncontroverted that they all won, right? When polled, slightly more than half the nation believes — STILL believes — that there was massive voter fraud across numerous states in the November 3rd election. So, what should we do? Here’s a novel suggestion: do what those Senators and Representatives suggested in Wednesday’s Congress’s joint session. Congress should appoint an independent commission to study ALL the election process and results to allay those Americans and every other American’s concerns that our election system is truly free and fair. For complete details, click on this link:
- “The storming of the Capitol by Trump supporters was treasonous and seditious. Every perpetrator needs to be hunted down and hung!” Well, maybe “hung” is a little over the top. But Democrats certainly think that what happened is the worst thing ever to occur anywhere in the United States. But they have VERY short memories. Do you remember any Democrats that decided to get after any Americans in the Capitol, storming their way into Senate meetings? Think back just a few years: 2018. Remember that? For complete details, click on this link:
- Everyone knows that President Trump failed Americans by not having the Capitol and surrounding areas protected sufficiently to stop what happened in Wednesday’s invasion of the U.S. Capitol. If for no other reason, Democrats feel he should be impeached and impeached immediately! Joe Biden made it clear that nothing like what we saw could have possibly taken place if HE had been president. Preparations would have been exhaustive to guarantee every American who participated would have been safe, and law enforcement would have been right there to keep any problems from occurring. The Media refuse to report that President Trump TRIED to make certain federal assistance would be in place in advance to keep this from happening. He even tried again when the violence began on Wednesday. For complete details, click on this link:
- We thought it might happen, and, sure enough, it did. Twitter announced late Friday they have suspended the Twitter account of President Trump permanently. Their explanation for doing so? His recent tweets have “obviously been in violation of Twitter standards, and, those since the debacle at Capitol have been labeled as “inflammatory.” For complete details, click on this link:
- President Trump is not the only “censorship victim” of Twitter. Twitter refuses to allow posts from one of America’s oldest newspapers. What’s odd about that is they have permanently suspended the account of the President of the United States AND blocked the account of the New York Post. How is that odd? It’s odd because five people who each have a bit more speckled past than either Mr. Trump or the Post are allowed to tweet freely. Who are they? For complete details, click on this link: