A new travesty of the week! We have those weekly, if not daily, under this President. The horror this time is the death of 21 Texans at the hands of a mass shooter — 19 of which were 4th-grade students. It took just minutes for President Biden and fellow Democrats to take to the airways blaming the gun that was used: one of those evil “weapons of war.” Actually, the AR-15 has NEVER been used in a war. The “weapons of war” version is an M-4 that is FULLY automatic and available (legally) ONLY to law enforcement and the military. But those are “facts.” Those are NOT required elements for Democrats for their legislation (and Biden’s plethora of executive orders.) News from Uvalde, Texas — the school site — changes hourly. We’ll give you the latest updates that we have. But please note there will almost certainly be more information released over this holiday weekend.
There ARE plenty of other happenings of importance from the week. Several don’t even apply to Joe Biden, and that’s great news for him. Let’s dive in and catch up on the week’s happenings. Read the first few sentences of each bullet point. If you want details of those references, click on the blue arrow at the end of the description. You’ll immediately be forwarded to a story with all the particulars. If not, click on the next bullet point.
Let’s get going!
Saturday Bullet Points
- Former candidate for the U.S. Senate from Texas, Beto O’Rourke, made a fool of himself Thursday at a two-hour media disclosure. Texas Governor Greg Abbott and others briefed the residents of Uvalde and the city’s citizens with the latest details of the shooting. O’Rouke — who had NO personal interest in the events — was so bold as to inject himself “politically” into the event. He walked to the front of the room and blasted the governor for what Beto said was Abbott’s liability for not doing anything sufficient to stop school shootings. Of course, all who know Beto and his habits because he’s running AGAINST Abbott for election surprised no one. But few could believe O’Rourke, for political purposes, would turn this information meeting into a political attack. For complete details, click on this link:
- That meeting from Thursday turned even more horrible by Friday’s media event. Law enforcement officials made many mistakes in the rush to stop the mass shooting. Even though 19 police officers in the hallway outside the room were poised to attack the shooter, NO action was taken for quite a while. During that pause, the shooter sadly killed students and/or teachers that might have been saved if police had acted quicker. For complete details, click on this link:
- Throughout the day on Friday, more and more details “leaked” into the public’s attention that each, as they were released, confirmed that students and teachers could have certainly been saved if the police had acted sooner. The Texas Department of Public Safety spokespeople clarified that getting into that school and that classroom was blocked by multiple things. The school doors were designed to prevent being breached from the outside! It even appears that the school safety measures protected the shooter and not his victims. For more information, click on this link:
- The school shooting thing is NOT exclusive to the state of Texas, although there have been several in the last few years. In the wake of the horror show in Uvalde, officials in another Texas city spoiled a school shooting in the making. Word got to the police that one student in the tiny town of Donna, Texas, was planning a mass school shooting. Thankfully, the would-be shooter was reported to authorities before any harmful actions could occur. Police were able to stop the Donna shooting before it happened. You’ll never guess what they found when they visited the suspected shooter’s home. For complete details, click on this link:
- Speaking of weak links in government, one of those national “leaders” who many of us (including me) had suspected to be something other than what they were portrayed to be when they joined this administration showed his natural “stripes” this week. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced his plans to do MORE egregious things at the southern border than he has already done. We all know the war President Trump fought to get Democrats in Congress to fund the completion of the border wall. Much of the wall was built before Trump left office. But the gaps that remained open would have been completed, and the entire wall would be in place if President Trump remained in office. $3 million a day is what American taxpayers are paying for companies to store and maintain the materials already paid for to complete the wall! Mayorkas announced what HIS plans are for Homeland Security to use the balance of the approved money for the wall. And, I promise you, they’re NOT to complete the wall! For complete details, click on this link:
- I live in the South. And for us Rebels, the food of choice for most of us is fried chicken. Chicken, biscuits, and gravy was a gourmet meal when I was growing up. We had it a lot, primarily because it was so inexpensive. But that’s not the case anymore. Even though chicken is the most consumed meat on the planet, the cost of that “gourmet” meal has gone out of sight: and it’s NOT just in the U.S. It’s the same around the world. Why has it become so expensive? For complete details, click on this link:
- Schools are not the only targets for angry Americans. The justices at the Supreme Court find themselves in the bullseye of a leftist group that has pledged to stop the Court from taking action in line with that leaked draft opinion of a case pending that is likely to overturn Roe v. Wade. Although their plans to stop the Court are sinister, they do NOT include guns. But their proposed method to stop it includes taking actions to stop the justices and their staff members from going to work! For complete details, click on this link:
- This news that slipped out this week may shock you just as it floored me. Documents were released by the Brennan Center for Justice that prove something that many Americans have wondered might be true. The federal government has plans in place for actions to be taken by the government in the case of an apocalyptic event that cripples the nation. While some of those are classified and cannot be released, one such plan would give the sitting President individual power to do things — even without Congressional approval — like shutting down communications in the nation. (That petrified me in light of who would do such a thing today!) For complete details, click on this link:
- The latest “scary” medical possibility has set the nation on fire. The fear of Monkeypox is already sweeping across Europe — not because it is life-threatening, but because doctors are telling Europeans that if one is a gay male and has sex with other males, they should immediately seek medical help if and when they show any of the evidence of Monkeypox. Besides scaring people to death, that warning is stigmatizing gay males just like was experienced during the AIDS epidemic. For complete details, click on this link:
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s witchhunt — the January 6 Committee — is firing their “shotgun” to desperately find something — ANYTHING — that they can use to implicate former President Trump in the actions from January 6. The committee is sending subpoenas by the dozens to various Republicans in leadership, demanding they appear before the committee to be “questioned.” One of those is House Minority Leader, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA). McCarthy, in turn, is questioning the committee’s legitimacy while already informing Speaker Pelosi that he has NO intention to cooperate in this apparent quest to somehow prevent President Trump from running for President in 2024 — if he chooses to do so. For complete details, click on this link: