What a week! The news about the midterm elections has broiled in the skillet of U.S. politics all week. There STILL are elections that are not yet final. But the magic number “218” has been eclipsed, which means the GOP will win the majority in the U.S. House of Representatives.
With that confirmation, the most feared member of Congress, Nancy Pelosi, announced she’ll hang up her leadership role in the Democrat Party. Wow. Her announcement caused excitement and raucous praise for her leaving from some. But most Americans, from BOTH parties, danced with glee. And Democrats are scrambling to put their names in the hat to be her successor as the Democrat Leader in the House.
By the way, Hakeem Jeffries is pushing hard for that Democrat leadership role. “God save America” if his fellow Democrats give him the nod!
Meanwhile, the legislative calendar rolls on, one page/one day at a time. January 3rd is “Takeover Day” for new members for the upcoming legislative year. The GOP has announced a number of “pending” investigations against a slew of Democrats that, so far, have skated by without any accountability. They include this President.
Where do we begin this Saturday? We’ll figure that out! Let’s get started.
- Elon Musk amazes us all. When we think we’ve seen all he can bring to the business world, he shocks us with something new. First, it was Tesla. That innovative move opened the door to electric cars that are functional and affordable. Then he headed for outer space! Now, he’s in social media at the ownership level. But this latest move by Elon- the Twitter purchase — isn’t going so well. Daily, some new twist is reported that makes Musk look a bit “unprepared” for the Twitter responsibility. First, he’s losing employees, 1,200 in one day — Friday! What’s going on? What will happen tomorrow?! For complete details, click on this link:
- Friday, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate “alleged” criminal acts committed by former President Donald Trump in the “alleged” mishandling of government documents at Trump’s private residence at “Mar-A-Lago in Florida. This should be an easy one for Trump. After all, he survived the two years of Robert Muller’s investigation into the Russia collusion allegations, plus two impeachment trials. This one may be a bit different for the former President. For complete details, click on this link:
- Move the GOP hold on the House up one seat. Dem. Congresswoman Lauren Boebert (R-CO) received a phone call from her opponent for her reelection and conceded the race. Boebert has been something of a rebel in the House. On every issue she supports, she has gone all-in. She NEVER turns her back to an opportunity on radio or television to aggressively share her legislative positions on EVERY issue the House is facing. She’s a hardcore First and Second Amendments. She never misses an opportunity to explain the merits of both Amendments to the Constitution and to explain how opposing those is tantamount to treason! She’s in for two more years. For more details, click on this link:
- Republicans, without question, have won the majority in the House of Representatives for the next two years. The first item of business has been concluded: the nominations for the Speaker of the House, Majority Leader, and Majority Whip. However, the nominations are just the first step. Next, elections among House Majority Members. Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has been thought of as the certain choice for Speaker. But, Friday, several Republican members of the House made it clear they will NOT support McCarthy. And, apparently, the “no’s” are sufficient in number to blow a hole in McCarthy’s Speakership job. Who are these dissenters? For complete details, click on this link:
- I really feel bad for Stacey Abrams. She just can’t seem to win anything. Brian Kemp has now beaten her in two Georgia gubernatorial races. And her attempts to ramp up hatred for Georgia Republicans periodically playing the race card have not been effective. She’s used her non-profit organization for apparent personal financial purposes. And now, she’s headed for trouble with the IRS in the aftermath of her second failed attempt to beat Kemp. What in the world has she down to upset the IRS? For complete details, click on this link:
- Who on Earth knows what Russian President Vladimir Putin is going to do day to day? His egregious invasion of Ukraine has ushered in the extermination of thousands of Ukrainians. Mass graves are everywhere. And the fiscal devastation Russia has initiated by now would have destroyed almost every other country in Europe. Yet Putin holds on and refuses to remove his butchers from Ukraine. He didn’t expect the Ukrainian people to be so committed to preserving their towns and cities and their country as a whole. Now, we secretly learn Putin has removed 100 missiles from Belarus and is relocating them to Ukraine for what many thinks will be a battle to end all battles in this war. For complete details, click on this link:
- The Arizona race for governorship has been an odd one. Arizona Secretary of State Hobbs simply refused to debate Kari Lake. Lake is a prolific speaker because she’s a television news reporter who speaks clearly and is spot-on on most things she said. Hobbs chose to avoid those showdowns. The mainstream media declared Hobbs the winner in that race long before the ballots were counted. But now, it seems that Lake has the nod and is claiming herself as the winner! She’s even put a team together to tackle the “disinformation” surrounding the race and is ready to take her position in Arizona as governor. For complete details, click on this link:
- Have you watched and listened to the media quickly go on offense against former President Donald Trump? In the election aftermath, those in the media who hate the former President have piled on, taking this opportunity to declare they have “moved on” to the next GOP hopeful, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. We all need to remember one thing as the 2024 campaign and subsequent election will quickly be upon us: who is best suited to beat the Democrat nominee? Guess what, Trump seems to be still in command of a huge block of conservatives. 12 million watched his rally, in which he announced at least 12 million Americans looked in! Does Trump have a chance in 2024? For complete details, click on this link:
- Bidenflation has the nation in an economic spiral. Though the Fed shows our inflation rate at 8.1 percent, if economists were using the formula used for inflation back in the 70s, our current rate would be at 16 percent! And it’s tearing our mortgage and housing details apart. Surging inflation is rapidly reducing the values of homes while the dollar is shrinking and mortgage rates are skyrocketing. How bad is it? For complete details, click on this link:
- The GOP has given us all notice that their intentions are, when they take control on January 3rd, to start intense investigations into alleged rampant wrongdoing by President Biden’s son, brother, and even the President himself. Late last night or media friends across the pond worded the pending actions by Republicans this way: ”
“A shocking voicemail, shared bank accounts, dodgy partners and whistleblowers: DailyMail.com breaks down the jaw-dropping evidence as GOP targets ‘chairman of the board’ Joe Biden – and could lead to possible impeachment.”
How bad could it possibly be for President Biden? For complete details from the Daily Mail story, click on this link:
1 thought on “Saturday Bullet Points: November 19, 2022”
Appreciate real news not the controlled news. As in the news you need to know😡