Can you believe that Thanksgiving 2022 is gone? Wasn’t it a good time to share the day and all its festivities with friends and family without the distractions of News and Politics? It has been increasingly difficult to segregate the things in our lives that are most important from News and Politics. It seems that Politics has dominated the News and even mass shootings are forced to take a back seat to both. News has actually become 80% Politics. So maybe we should relegate News to a backseat in our discussions and just say “Politics” dominates the stories we see and hear.
I started my week hoping that Thanksgiving would give us a pause from all the shootings, killings, and pontificating politicians. How stupid of me to suggest that might even be a possibility! The calendar kept turning pages; the clock kept turning hours and days; and Americans kept being Americans through it all.
Oh, and Politics and News continue to dominate our lives.
In case you mixed some of the big stories about Politics and the News, we watched for the important happenings in each. Relax this morning and start your day by catching up with our Saturday Bullet Points.
Oh, Politics is part of these Bullet Points!
- The irony of a second special prosecutor appointed to investigate Donald Trump is not lost on this writer. Who will ever forget the two years of Robert Mueller during Trump’s first term as President? Mueller popped American taxpayers for about $40 million (we are told) and 20 top-notch Democrat attorneys to join his team for the look-see at all things Trump. Trump passed that test with flying colors. Now, Trump faces a new special counsel who is empowered by the Attorney General to investigate Trump for different alleged activities. This new prosecutor faces different challenges — at least in part — than Mueller. But there is one commonality between the two Trump investigations Americans are watching: Each of these investigations is NOT based on confirmed and proven actions by the former President but is based on one thing: hardcore Democrats’ efforts to keep Trump from running for federal office ever again. What they don’t realize is that Constitutionally, there is NO provision that keeps anyone who meets the stated requirements for eligibility to run for President from running! For complete details, click on this link:
- I doubt that any American will ever forget how Dr. Anthony Fauci spent hours in front of television cameras in front of millions of Americans coaching everyone as to what to do to beat COVID-19. His antics regarding the wearing of masks, social distancing, getting vaccinated, wearing two masks, getting vaccine boosters, getting double boosted, and staying home having NO contact with anyone was necessary for every American with NO exceptions. He almost single-handedly put millions out of work and destroyed thousands of businesses. These all happened in the name of “Science.” “I Am The Science” Fauci proclaimed in one Q & A at a White House briefing. That narrative ALL changed in sworn testimony from Fauci in deposition hearings with Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry and also Missouri AG Erick Schmitt. How so? For complete details, click on this link:
- Iran’s supreme leader Iranian Ali Khamenei did not mince words earlier this week when speaking of U.S. President Joe Biden. Biden turned 80 on Sunday, and his age and declining mental sharpness have been a matter of public speculation since his election in 2020. His cognitive decline is very obvious to all who are objective when watching him and comparing his today-actions with those of U.S. Senator Joe Biden and even from his Vice President role under President Barack Obama. Khamenei didn’t point to Biden’s issues in a call for his people to pray for the American President. Khamenei called Biden “a poor, demented” man. He wasn’t finished with his address about President Biden and Americans. For complete details, click on this link:
- I always wondered what it would be like to go on a cruise. But I never went. That changed when my wife turned 50. One of the gifts I gave her was a luxury cruise to the eastern Bahamas aboard a fantastic Royal Caribbean brand-new cruise ship. My “concerns” about falling overboard were somewhat diminished during the trip, but I still thought about how easy it would be. Subsequently, I’ve heard of numerous people experiencing that very thing. Each time I heard such a report I wondered, “How did those people end up? Did they drown or did “Jaws” get them?” One such incident occurred Thanksgiving week. No one saw a man go overboard and therefore did not know exactly when it happened. But he’s alive. The results of his mishap are almost unbelievable! For complete details, click on this link:
- Most Americans felt that the 2022 elections would run more smoothly across the nation. This came in the aftermath of the massive uproar about the undeniable irregularities across the nation in the 2020 election. We may never know the true outcomes in a number of critical races during 2020. So, the “Election Integrity Network” set about training and sending 50,000 poll observers to monitor the 2022 midterm elections. Almost all reported the elections they observed functioned very well, but with a few exceptions. The most obviously troubled election processes observed by these poll watchers happened in one state and one county. You’ll NEVER guess which state and which county! For complete details, click on this link:
- No credible lawmaker can maintain that gun control would be a good policy to tackle for the upcoming 2024 election. But now, one would think Dems would go after the economy issue in an effort to save their Senate majority and even retain the White House. The toppling economy seems to be top-of-mind for every American. We’re hearing, however, that Democrat Party leaders are leaning toward going in another direction that has seemed for some time to be a loser. What could that topic be? And why would Democrats plan on using that in 2024? For complete details, click on this link:
- Jeff Bezos, one of the richest people on Earth, may not feel so secure about his fortunes this weekend. Unexpectedly, Amazon warehouse workers around the Globe staged a walkout due to pay and working conditions. Wow! Needless to say, this is a critical time of year for all the Big Box stores and the largest mail-order company on the planet. With Christmas just around the corner, Amazon can ill afford this to happen, especially on the hottest business weekend on the calendar. For complete details, click on this link:
- Twitter’s boss continues to struggle in his takeover of the social media giant. His unexpected shelling of a mass number of employees and his personal takeover of much of the decision-making have sent the company reeling. Investors don’t know what to think. Twitter users are also in the dark. The one group Elon did not need to upset are the company’s advertisers. But it’s too late for that. Half of Twitter’s top 100 advertisers took a hike! What’s next for Elon Must and Twitter? For complete details, click on this link:
- Most Americans believe that high school, college, and professional football in the U.S. are the pattern for the World when it comes to the game. There’s a “different” game of football on the planet that is much larger than that played in the U.S. And that particular football game has a different name: “Futbol.” And the Super Bowl of soccer is a tournament that’s underway in Qatar. The U.S. Soccer team is a deep underdog in the World Cup. On Friday, the U.S. team, for the third time, has unexpectedly harnassed the English team in a 0-0 tie. That tie pits the Americans against a scrappy Iran team in a do-or-die game. For complete details, click on this link:
- Malls and big-box stores seem to be the choice of shooters wanting to make some kind of statement. The shocking Walmart shooting that ended with 6 people dead was just one such shooting. It was inevitable that Black Friday would contribute to the shooting statistics. And it did. This time, the shooting happened in Greenville, North Carolina. This time, the shooting accorded in a mall with two males getting shot. What was it all about and who got shot? For complete details, click on this link: