Here we are again on a Saturday. How busy was YOUR week? The odds are that you in your helter-skelter world, you probably missed some of the big news stories. We are ever vigilant, keep our eyes on the U.S. and the rest of the world, watching for and capturing some of the biggest stories that may not have been well-covered or that you missed entirely.
Below are ten of such stories. In each, we give you a sentence or two summaries of the story contents. If you want a complete story about any of these, just click on the link at the end of the summary and then read and digest all its details. If you don’t want details, just click on the next bullet point. It’s our way to keep you informed during your weekend without having to spend hours reading or watching the news.
Let’s get started!
Saturday Bullet Points
- Hurting Americans are desperate for financial relief in the form of additional COVID-19 stimulus. Congress has continued bickering of the size of a “necessary” stimulus program: Democrats want $2.2 trillion-plus, Republicans agreed to about $1.7 trillion, maintaining that the dollars included in the House bill for bailouts for Democrat-controlled cities and states are unacceptable. Will there be an agreed-to plan? President Trump has weighed in on the subject. For complete details, click on this link:
- The Supreme Court on Thursday evening rejected the Trump administration’s request to reinstate a rule requiring patients to obtain the first pill required to induce a medication abortion at an in-person appointment with their doctor. For complete details, click on this link:
- Imagine this: if you vote in the November 3rd election, you must vote on November 3rd to make your vote count. How horrible is such a requirement! That’s a ruling from a federal district court in Wisconsin. For complete details, click on this link:
- Can you imagine needing a butt lift, going to a world-renowned surgeon who performs the surgery for it only to be a ”flop” — pun intended. One such patient claims hers’ was so bad she is suing Dr. Dubrow of the series ”Botched” for $5 million! For complete details, click on this link:
- Are you sold on the Biden promise to reduce taxes on the American people? If you believe it, you disagree with wealthy Americans who are running for cover. Why? With a Biden presidency linked to a possible Democrat Senate, those folks face a 40% tax just for being successful. For complete details, click on this link:
- Do you ever listen to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity on the radio? If you do, you’re one of approximately 15 million Americans who do that same thing. In fact, one report says these and other conservative talk show hosts are turning Americans in droves to become conservatives! For complete details, click on this link:
- Millions of Americans have been waiting breathlessly for Federal Attorney John Durham’s report on criminal wrongdoing by the Obama Administration members. Though promised to be released months ago, Attorney General William Barr says it will probably NOT be seen until after the election. Disappointed Americans for not seeing any details before the election include President Trump. For complete details, click on this link:
- Much of the U.S. was shocked to hear of Pelosi’s plan to take action using the 25th Amendment to consider the removal of a president when declared physically or mentally unfit to serve. Many felt she would initiate a second impeachment attempt to remove President Trump before the end of the year. But Pelosi made it clear on Friday she has another “arrow in her quiver” that she plans to use. For complete details, click on this link:
- It’s hard to believe that President Trump has bounced back so quickly from his COVID-19 infection. Yet just 10-days after his diagnosis, hospitalization, and subsequent home treatment, doctors have given him the green light to resume presidential activities. And he plans to do just that this weekend. For complete details, click on this link:
- November 3rd ballot mishandling and malfeasance reports are hitting the news daily. The latest comes from the state of Ohio — a swing state — and includes ballots mailed incorrectly. Was this just a mistake or was it purposeful? For complete details, click on this link: