“Tuesday Bullets” is applicable today in light of the worst gun massacre in Texas history yesterday. Let’s start there:
- A mentally unstable, dishonorably discharged veteran slaughtered 26 innocent churchgoers and injured at least 20 others Sunday at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas. No doubt the attack was senseless and horrific. This horror joins those perpetrated by a crazed Islamic terrorist with a rented truck last week in lower Manhattan that killed 8, plus the 58 deaths a few weeks ago in the Mandalay Bay concert area in Las Vegas. Needless to say those on the Left immediately raise the cries of needed gun control to stop these and other similar incidents from happening. However, NO proposed or thought-of gun law or laws would have stopped any of the 3 most recent killings. Let’s be honest: there are thousands of gun laws on the books — federal and state — that if enforced would definitely quell some of the violence we are experiencing. But law enforcement at the federal and state levels have NOT shown any significant success in disarming the perpetrators of the huge majority of such crimes: criminals. Take Chicago for example. Mayor Rahm Emmanuel refuses to release the significant resources of the Chicago police to jumpstart actions long effective at ridding streets of other U.S. cities of criminal killers of all types. Instead, he declared his city a Sanctuary City thus inviting those in the U.S. illegally to come there and be protected. Think about that: many of those illegals are criminals with violent criminal histories. Chicago’s mayor is loosing those on his citizens. California is full of Sanctuary thinkers including their governor who have taken similar actions as Chicago. As their citizens are slaughtered, politicians cry for gun control but turn their backs on the enforcement of existing laws — the height of hypocrisy.
- After 8 years of promises to repeal and replace Obamacare while promising also to institute massive tax reform and tax reductions, it appears the G.O.P. may be about to give us “strike two.” Believe it or not, it is NOT just the Dems who are screaming about unfairness in the proposed Tax Plan recently released. It seems once again the Republican members of Congress (or at least some of them) are experiencing great heartburn over the plan and are progressively expressing opposition to the plan. Why? It boils down to this: mortgage interest deductions from federal taxes have been a staple in America for sometime. But that practice has been amazingly unfair. Here’s why. Those who live in really highly taxed states — California, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and others — make much higher mortgage payments which means much higher mortgage interest payments. The new plan initially calls for no longer allowing the deduction of mortgage interest from federal tax liability. Honestly, that has been an unfair practice for all these years because Americans who live outside those areas have been picking up a higher percentage of tax payments because of not having the ability to deduct those high amounts as taxpayers in those states. It makes sense to me: you choose to live in one of those states, you pay higher mortgage rates and should not receive any different benefit than Middle Americans. The book is out on what will happen.
- “Russia, Russia, Russia” is heating up — but not regarding the Trump Campaign. Certainly all have heard by now their seems to have been Russian collusion in the 2016 election, but with the Clinton Campaign. It actually looks like exactly opposite of what Americans were told as factual proof that Trump’s campaign staffers colluded with Russia — it’s Hillary Clinton. Maybe the Left will back off about their Trump — Russia allegations. Today liberal Senator Dianne Feinstein when asked about any proof found by any investigators of Trump Russian conspiracy responded that she had seen no such evidence after nearly one year. It now appears that Fusion GPS may have actually paid journalists in the U.S. to makeup stories confirming the Trump collusion! The House and Senate are furiously digging into piles of evidence regarding Clinton-Russian collusion. It is probably that in the next week or so, we will see real evidence of Clinton wrongdoing in this and also in the Uranium1 deal. Stay tuned.
- No U.S. President has ever made such a lengthy trip to Asia as is Donald Trump. As he flew west from D.C. to Asia, he dropped by Hawaii to greet, speak to, and thank U.S. military members in Honolulu. First on his Asian trek were meetings with Japan’s leaders, then to South Korea, followed by the all important stop in China to meet with President Xi. Sandwiched between is a stop in the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea. Plans are too for a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Needless to say there are a plethora of topics to be discussed with these World leaders, the least of which is NOT North Korea, its nuclear threat to these and other Asian countries, and re-setting the lopsided trade deals in place between these countries and the U.S., thanks to the Obama Administration. A packed nearly two-weeks of intense and critical meetings is underway. Likely there will be plenty of daily news from President Trump’s meetings.
- It is noteworthy that the Clinton email investigation apparently is alive and kicking. Those implicated in wrongdoing that may have been criminal are scrambling for cover. Former FBI Director James Comey and his predecessor there and current Special Counsel in the Russian investigation Robert Mueller, join Hillary Clinton as key in this investigation. There is so much that occurred on so many different fronts, the Justice Department is likely to appoint at least one more Special Counsel to open a separate investigation from Mueller’s. Why cannot all of these just be added to the current investigation by Mueller? Mueller is probably going to be someone being investigated himself for wrongdoing!
What we are seeing play out right before our eyes is the ultimate illustration of just how hypocritical and arrogant the Deep State members have become. They trampled on any shred of obligation they may have ever felt to be honest with Americans, to uphold the law for which they took an oath, and replaced it with the true personality of Elitism. It mattered not what was done was unethical if not criminal, and certainly disingenuous while running away from any integrity they may have earned at some time in the past. They simply do not care any longer.
The impunity they donned came straight from their assurance of a Hillary Clinton presidency that never materialized. To their horror and disbelief, her loss to Donald Trump set the wheels of coverup in motion with a unified plan to deflect any potential heat from them to Trump because of the false narrative that the Left created and then crammed down the throats of Americans through the tainted media. And it almost worked — almost.
Americans are tiring of the constant real injustices in Washington. Let’s face it: the political system in the U.S. is corrupt. Certainly there are those who are honest and hardworking public servants. But the mixture of those with everyday politicians is unfortunately skewed dramatically towards politics as usual. I think we are not far from Americans finally standing up and forcing changes in the political process. What will they be? Who knows. But one thing is certain: continuing down the current path of politics is an insane thought. We can do better. We MUST do better — for us, our children, and our grandchildren.