Wow! 2020 is not even two-weeks old and the news has taken off: Impeachment, Soleimani and Iraq attacks, Iran destroying a Ukraine jet with a missile, and Democrat hatred not just for Donald Trump but now for Trump supporters! What else can happen?
Don’t worry: there’s a lot of 2020 remaining. This year is certain to be full of breathtaking “gotcha'” moments, especially in Washington. And each Saturday, TruthNewsNetwork will bring to you a synopsis of that week’s news in bullet points. You’ll be able to scan the headlines we present, and for those stories about which you want details, click on a link for complete details.
Let’s get started!
- Iranian General Soleimani is dead at the hands of the U.S. and the Left go crazy. For complete details click on this link: https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/03/trump-derangement-prevents-media-from-praising-trump-for-iranian-terrorist-soleimanis-demise/
- The delay by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate for the impeachment trial of President Trump may soon be over. What happened? Republicans naturally blasted Pelosi non-stop for holding them. But now some Democrat Congressional leaders have joined the cries for Pelosi to pass along the articles so the trial can get underway. That appears now to be imminent. For complete details, click on this link: https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-allies-stumped-impeachment-standoff-090000314.html
- Remember Utah Federal Attorney John Huber? He was tagged by Trump’s first Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate the Clinton Foundation for alleged irregularities along with other issues regarding the Hillary Clinton campaign. Surprisingly and with little notice, Huber’s investigation has come to an end. For complete details, click on this link: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/justice-dept-winds-down-clinton-related-inquiry-once-championed-by-trump-it-found-nothing-of-consequence/ar-BBYObjg?li=BBU4PL8
- Presidential candidates Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have proposed and are aggressively promoting as part of their presidential policy proposals a tax on the very wealthy, called a “Wealth Tax.” Initially it received very little support by the majority of Americans. But now, that story may have changed. It looks like a bunch of Americans have changed their tune. For complete details, click on this link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-inequality-poll-idUSKBN1Z9141
- It seems that British Royalty are coming to the U.S. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have announced their intentions to step back from their “royal duties” and spend a lot of time in the U.S. Needless to say, that news has set the elites in both the U.K. and U.S. media on fire. There’s got to be a juicy story there, right? For complete details, click on this link: https://www.thewrap.com/meghan-markle-prince-harry-hollywood-deals-after-royal-duties/
- Donald Trump is responsible for everything bad that happens in the U.S., according to the Left. Now, Democrats are trying to hold the President responsible for that Ukraine airline crash in Iran. For complete details, click on this link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-rush-to-implicate-trump-for-plane-crash-linked-to-iran-missile-strike
- There’s something new in the air. Fewer Swedes are flying commercially. Ever hear of the word “flyskams?” That is happening today in Sweden and it means Swedes are choosing alternative transportation. For complete details, click on this link: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/sweden-flight-shame-movement-arlanda-airport-gotherburg-climate-change-a9277936.html
- The job reports are once again good for the U.S. There are more people than ever before employed in the United States. And all economical indicators predict that climb in the number of those employed will continue to climb. And there’s more. For complete details, click on this link: https://cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/record-158803000-americans-employed-185m-year-year-increase
- There are some really excited Democrats in Washington. Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) is reportedly so upset with the actions of President Trump that he would consider voting in a Senate impeachment trial to remove Mr. Trump from office. For complete details, click on this link: https://news.yahoo.com/why-utah-mike-lee-might-123233527.html
- Democrats are very upset this week for another reason: their stable of 2020 presidential candidates has dwindled by one. Marianne Williamson has withdrawn from the 2020 race. I guess there was no “miracle” sufficient to sustain her campaign. For complete details, click on this link: https://www.axios.com/marianne-williamson-drop-out-presidential-2020-d1a57b05-6780-4532-9719-c6dcc89590dd.html
These should catch you up on the really big news on a national scale for the week. Enjoy that Saturday morning cup of coffee and scan the headlines and/or read the in-depth details of whatever stories catches your interest.
Have a great weekend!