Am I the only one who is past tired of all the insults and allegations being tossed around over and over again, day after day, and hearing and seeing no reason for the noise? Washington D.C. has become a cesspool of corruption. No party, no group, no individual is exempt. There’s plenty of room for the craziness.
Add to that the two dozen Democrats vying for the presidency who seem to daily play the game of “one-up” on their counterparts: “I’m going to promise a new car for every family if I’m elected,” or “I’m going to promise a new car PLUS a new home for every family if I’m elected president.”
I cannot imagine a world in which any of them — and I mean ANY — could assume residency in the White House. God Help Us!
I know several people who are so concerned about a possible president out of the Democrat Party they have steadily socked away money — “just in case.” It’s amazing that any American would be so concerned about an election. But it’s happening.
But if it does, which would it be? It really doesn’t matter. If anyone of this bunch were to win the White House in 2020, all that money socked away won’t last long. In fact, the plans that all of those candidates share is to take it all! They’d be forced to. Why? To pay for everything they’ve promised.
If we ALL put ALL of our money together, we don’t have enough money!
We’ve heard of high taxes. We even saw a top marginal tax rate of 70% for the calendar year 1979. I bought a home that year. Do you remember the home mortgage rates when Ronald Reagan beat Jimmy Carter for the White House? Fifteen percent! And the prime interest rate was 18%!
Even though tax rates were so high, Congress implemented a massive number of deductions which brought the effective rates which people paid way down. But, taxes were high and the nation’s economy reflected that. But if anyone of the Democrat candidates wins the presidency, we are certain to see taxes again at that 70% rate or even higher.
What are they thinking? Do you really want to know?
Here’s the list of what these candidates are collectively offering to the nation if they are elected:
1. Payment of reparations for slavery;
2. A new wealth tax of 3% per year on assets;
3. Late-term abortion – up to the moment of birth;
4. Restoration of voting rights for released felons;
5. Impeachment of President Trump;
6. Raising the top personal income tax rate to 70% (from the present 37%);
7. Refusal to repudiate anti-Semitism by Democrat members of Congress;
8. Free college tuition for all;
9. Medicare for all (Note: It’s not really Medicare; it’s Medicaid.)
10. Raising the corporate tax rate to 35% (from the present 21%);
11. Abolition of the Electoral College;
12. Amnesty for illegal aliens;
13. No gun rights for released felons;
14. Capping interest rates on all credit cards;
15. Packing the Supreme Court by adding up to four new justices;
16. Federal jobs guarantee to everyone;
17. A minimum wage of $15 per hour;
18. Infanticide: “Make the baby comfortable while deciding whether to kill it.”
19. Impeachment of Justice Kavanaugh;
20. Voting rights for felons still incarcerated (including Dzhokhar Tsarnaev);
21. Citizenship (voting rights) for illegal aliens;
22. Voting for 16-year olds;
23. Green New Deal including no air travel or cows and one car per family;
24. Abolish ICE – US Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
25. Deep cuts to defense spending;
26. Abolishing senate filibusters;
27. Single-payer government health care for all;
28. Federal licensing and control of all large corporations;
29. Strict new gun control measures including confiscations;
30. Federalizing all voter registration;
31. Abolishing or changing the method of representation in the US Senate;
32. Ending all private health insurance and health insurance companies;
33. Reinstituting the Iran nuclear deal;
34. Statehood for DC, PR, VI, Guam: 8 new senators; 14 new electoral votes;
35. Tearing down existing walls on our southwest border with Mexico;
36. Raising the estate tax rate to 77% (from the present 40%);
37. Rejoining the Paris Climate Accord;
38. Raising the payroll tax by 2.4 points – equivalent to 15%;
39. Means-testing Social Security;
40. Taxing capital gains as ordinary income;
41. Removing all caps from the payroll tax;
42. Taxing unrealized capital gains each year;
43. Jailing corporate executives for regulatory violations;
44. A cash distribution of $1,000 per month to everyone (UBI);
45. Forgiveness of all student loan debt – $1.5 trillion;
46. Federal payment to teachers of $315 billion over 10 years;
47. Outlawing all state right-to-work laws;
48. Increase fuel economy standards for all cars;
49. Halt all energy leases on federal land;
50. Spending $5 trillion (unspecified) to control emissions;
51. Opposition to nuclear energy (cleanest energy we have);
52. Creation of new Americorps – to plant trees on marginal land;
53. Prohibiting the private practice of medicine (Medicare for America bill);
54. Federal licensing of all firearms – must be renewed every 5 years;
55. Abolition of payday loans – by mandating ultra-low interest rates;
56. Have the USPS (postal service) make low-interest loans to consumers;
57. The imposition of a VAT – value-added tax – on the entire US economy;
58. Added 7% corporate tax on reported income higher than taxable income;
59. Free government-provided health care for all illegal aliens;
60. Legalization of recreational marijuana throughout the United States;
61. Require companies to obtain equal pay certificate from the US EEOC;
62. Dictate national paid leave policy for the entire private sector;
63. Mandate federal preclearance for states to pass any new abortion laws;
64. Federal taxpayer funding of abortions (repeal of Hyde Amendment);
65. Breakup Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon;
66. New exit tax of 40% of assets for any American giving up citizenship;
67. The federal government pays all rent for anyone in excess of 30% of income;
68. Abolishing all private prison management companies;
69. Free childcare, pre-school, college and 100% student loan forgiveness.
I actually feel like I am really asleep having reoccurring nightmares night after night. And I pray each night that NONE of those nightmares comes true.
Folks, let’s deal with reality: NONE OF THOSE PROMISES, YET ALONE ALL OF THEM, CAN POSSIBLY COME TRUE! The federal government does NOT have enough money!
Forget the social issues promises: none of those are even remotely possible. And when it comes to new social programs, the federal government could confiscate ALL the income of every company and every individual each year and have less than five percent of the funds necessary to pay for even a small portion of these programs!
What is happening to the United States? Who in their right mind just 8 years ago could project that these conversations could even be happening. Those on the Left who propose such programs led by anyone — pick ONE — of those presidential wannabes have either no concept of financial reality at all or believe Americans are so stupid, so uncaring, so intellectually deficient that we would allow any of this to happen.
AOC and Company think environmentally we have just ten years left. If one of these Democrats wins the 2020 election, we won’t last three years!
NOTE: Make sure you come back tomorrow. We’ll peel the onion that’s called “Baltimore” and give the truth of the issues there minus the emotional mantra that’s flooded the nation the last few days. And the “Truth” in Baltimore’s situation is stark, unnerving, and disgusting.